Spent 4 nights at this B&B in early April. Booking was easy. They do require payment in cash. Making the reservation was very easy and Jasper & Tom provided detailed instructions on how to get from AMS airport to their house.
* large bedroom (Balcony Room)
* updated/clean/new bathroom & shower
* mini frig in the room
* basic items were supplied (blow dryer, wine, beverages, towels, coffee/tea)
* nice change from a standard hotel room, especially if you want to see what a traditional Amsterdam house is like. Many reviewers commented on the stairs, yes, they are steep and narrow, but once you get the hang of it, they aren't so bad. Just stick to the outside part of the stairs.
* easy access to the tram, which will take you in to central Amsterdam
* very very very quiet at night
The not so good
* while they had a 'no smoking policy' the room still had the smell of smoke, which seems to be a common thing in a city where everyone smokes. I even tried turning off the heat in the hopes that would cut down on the smell.
Overall it was a nice place to stay. I wouldn't it call it 'luxury' but it was a good place to go home to every night after a day of sightseeing.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Bed & Breakfast Adriaen van Ostade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.