“Disappointed this time” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

You added Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Melbournestraat 1 | Lijnden, 1175 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #120 of 355 Hotels in Amsterdam
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before and enjoyed the stay, however this time it was not so good. There was a Movie being made at the hotel which did interfere with our stay. Firstly we were asked to stand outside on arrival while they shot a scene in the lobby and this continued throughout the evening. The team making the movie seemed to have much more importance than the guests staying. The room itself was comfortable but did smell of stale smoke. The food was good but again the staff where hindered by the people making the movie .
I think if the hotel management were happy to agree to this movie being made in the hotel at I am sure great expense , they should have made sure it did not interfere with other guests stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JennyNoz, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Caz M,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed this time with your stay at our hotel. At your last stay there was a professional film production company shooting for a new movie on Dutch television. They used our location for a part of their production. It is for the new Dutch movie called “Undercover” which will be broadcasted on the Dutch national television in the spring of 2015.

There was never the intention from the hotel to let our guests wait during the film was shot. We actually were very strict to the filming crew that they could not hold our guests! One of our employees was on purpose working on the floor all-day with the filming crew. To make sure and help the guests continue their pleasant stay without being hindered. Our guests are always our number one, and therefore all the time the most important. Our sincere apologies that you felt hindered by the movie production.

In the near future we will have the second shoot day for this movie, at this day only a hotel room will be used for filming, which means that they will not hold anyone at the lobby in the hotel or outside the terrace. Furthermore we will take your important comments with us for the future, to make sure our guests never feel hindered again.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you back and we look forward seeing you again at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or at one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

Warm regards,

Jenny Noz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Hotel is very nice. A little bit far from city centre but has a free of charge airport shuttle. And a tram stop is only about 10-15 minutes away. Everything was very clean. Good wifi in the room. Staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

JennyNoz, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2014
Dear Evelin V,

First of all I would like to thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor.

Your comments are for great important to us and I am very happy to read that you had a good experience in our hotel. I have shared this review with the team and they really appreciated it. Thank you!

We are looking forward to welcome you back again!

h
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

stayed for one night after a late arrival to the airport. the shuttle service was very good and friendly.
we arrived at the hotel to find it was welcoming and very aesthetically decorated. quick check-in and nice night at a clean, comfortable and quiet room.
in the morning we saw a very nice view of canals in a modern environment. great breakfast with many fruits, fresh fruit juices, fresh pastries, variety of cheese and cold meat, eggs, pancakes and more.

Room Tip: we took 2 rooms with connecting door because we travel with young kids.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Marg_Mick,

Wow. What an amazing review on TripAdvisor! Thank you so much.

For us it is so important that our guest have a good breakfast. It is for a good start of a wonderful day and I am very happy that we can give our guests this good start. It is just amazing that you wrote that our breakfast is the best one in a European hotel! I am also very satisfied to read that you appreciate our hotel and all the facilities that the hotel offers.

It was an honour to have you in our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Warmest regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Checked in for two nights from Aug 22nd to Aug 24th. First the rooms. The shower door was completely off the hinges. I called the front desk to get it fixed and they said they would send maintenance which they never did. The toilet is in a separate room from the shower and sink so if you want to wash your hands you have to walk across the room just to wash them. If you want to use the gym you have to pay a 10 Euro deposit for a locker key at the front desk which wasn't a problem but when I just checked out they said they have no record of the deposit and refused to give me back the deposit - basically stealing my money! Service is probably the worst I've ever experienced in any hotel but the stealing of my money goes beyond anything I've experienced in a so called 5 star hotel. And the hotel has no wifi in your rooms. Only a cable connection. So if you have a iPhone, tablet, or Mac book air your out of luck. Even if you have to pay a little extra I would highly recommend staying in another hotel than this one.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JennyNoz, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear Jason E,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for the experience that you had in our hotel. I have spoken with the managers of the maintenance and Front Office department to inform them that they need to be more secure with these kinds of issues. They have discussed this with the team because this really can’t happen. On the other hand I am very happy to inform you that since a few weeks we have free wifi throughout the hotel. Of course this does not take away the inconvenience and I am very sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations.

I truly hope that we can meet you again in our hotel in the near future so that we can show you that these are truly not the standards of the hotel. Thank you once again for your feedback because we use this to fine tune our operations.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights from 21 - 23 August and we very happy with the location, price and staff (who were super friendly and prodessional). That's the 3 stars.
The other 2 stars were lost due to housekeeping issues and noise. Making the bed and cleaning the bathroom is only part of the housekeeper's job. They did not wash our coffee cups and replenish those supplies on both days. Bath mat was removed but not replaced.
Noise: Do not stay on floor -1. We were in room 36, directly below the restaurant. You hear every footstep and every chair bring moved from 6am. If you're an early riser it's ok but if you want to sleep in a bit, ask for a room higher up.
Otherwise the wifi worked well and the free airport shuttle was perfect.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ilana G,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Regarding your feedback about the cleaning of the rooms I would like to let you know that I have informed the supervisors of the Housekeeping department again to be very critical when they check the rooms. For your next stay it is advisable to ask for a room on another floor if there is a room available of course. Of course this will not take away the inconvenience, my apology. I am therefore very happy to read that you appreciated our wifi, shuttle and staff. Thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you in our hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in the future.

General manager
Split, Croatia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

For a 4 star hotel I think this is a big disappointment. There are so many little things i didn't like, I don't know where to start. There are some strange things missing in the room it gives the impression of unacceptable sloppiness for a 4* hotel. For example, there is no mini bar in the room, there is tea maker but no spoons, there is no toilet brush in the bathroom(!?) etc. There is no wifi in the room, the window is not designed to open, so you can't have fresh air, superior double room advertised on line has two single beds pushed together (I don't have a clue why it's called superior), the list goes on. But, what I hate the most is this fake helpful customer service and the filthiness of the hotel. We had a problem in the room with cleanliness that the staff addressed very quickly, but the cleaning staff did such a poor job it was better we didn't even call them. Bed was full of someones hairs and so much dust it was disgusting, the carpets were full of dust and stains and bed sheets were stained as well. The hallway carpet had layers of dust stacked in the corners, and I have seen this same problem addressed in reviews in 2013, so nothing changed in over a year. I know this kind of hotel staff and management where they talk about "we will certainly take action to prevent this from happening again" or "we have talked to our cleaning staff" or "this is definitely not the standard of our hotel" and in the end "this will not take away any inconvenience this may have caused you", and then you see the same problems in reviews more than a year old, the same management reply with same generic sentences. I hate it when hotels treat me like an idiot, it wasn't an isolated case of sloppiness and poor cleaning job, it's how you do business. I liked that the tram station was fairly near the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the lobby, there's a chance you'll have a good wifi signal in room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HannahSt,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Regarding your feedback about the mini bar in the room I would like to advise you to book an executive room for your next stay. This is a bigger room with mini bar, other extra facilities and you have access to the executive lounge where you can enjoy complimentary Nespresso and tea. Between 17:00 and 19:00 hours we have a little snack and some sodas, beer and wine. Furthermore, I am very sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations. We are working very hard to resolve all the issues and I personally would like to tell you that it is really not our intention to treat you like an idiot. You are very important to us and your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for staying with us and we are of course looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I would definitely stay just for the staff. the staff were very nice at every encounter. Like in disneyland. But wished that certain promises were kept such as the baby bed which was not brought to us

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

JennyNoz, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Shanthuru P,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

What an amazing title of your review! We are striving to be a very good service oriented hotel and therefore I am happy to read that you used this as the title of the review, thank you.

My sincere apologies that the promise regarding the baby cot was not kept! This may not happen and will be discussed within the team of the hotel. Thank you for sharing, sharing is caring!

Thank you again for your review and comments. We look forward welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,