“Dissapointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Melbournestraat 1 | Lijnden, 1175 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #138 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Durban, South Africa
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

we visited the park plaza on the 26th of april. the room was positive: it was nice and compact and generally nice and clean. another positive was the airport shuttle. very efficient and quick.
the negatives: first of all the resturant was ridiculously overpriced the most expensive on our whole trip, also a very average meal. secondly, the service of the waiters was very inefficient in terms of preparing a table, making one wait while they do this. It was very dissapointing to discover the wifi was only in public zones. lastly there was no national tv station/s in the rooms, one had to pay for a movie or tv (ridiculousy high prices).

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear tesh108,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all I also want to thank you for your nice comments about the guest room and our complimentary airport shuttle service. In regards to your feedback about the prices in our restaurant, I am sorry that you found this too expensive. We are in line with our prices regarding competitors in the surroundings of Amsterdam. Regarding the TV feedback, we offer in different languages TV-channels which you can find in the TV-menu, these are free of charge. When you prefer to see movies (which are not on the regular TV-channels) this will result in using pay-tv. In regards to your feedback about the cabled internet I would like to share with you that we are currently looking at several options with different companies to improve this service to wireless internet throughout the whole hotel. However I am very sorry again for these issues that you have faced during your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you again soon at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or at one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

520 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

A bit of a long shuttle ride from the hotel (15 min) but it is a free shuttle so not a big deal. Since a prior review, the wifi problems seem to be resolved -- I'm writing via free wifi from here even as we speak. Overall, a perfectly adequate airport hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear neur14,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you liked your stay at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and that you experienced a resolved issue you’ve faced a previous time! Furthermore I also want to thank you for your comment: “Overall, a perfectly adequate airport hotel”, while this is great to read about our hotel. Lastly I am sorry that you found the shuttle ride too long, normally the ride approximately takes 10 minutes.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward seeing you again at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or at one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is hotel located near Schiphol airport,Amsterdam.They have free shuttle service from Airport - Hotel - Airport every half an hour.Since I am a elite member they upgraded my room on arrival but the room was bad.Window of the room opened in one of their halls.Even on my request my room was not changed.They donot have free wi-fi in the room although you have free cable internet connection.To enjoy free wi-fi you have to come to the lobby.
Room was small and somewhat suffocating.
They have a nice fitness centre and spa.The spread of their buffet breakfast is excellent.
The front office staffs were good but always helpless.Rooms on -1 & 1st floor is bad.
Had a very average experience staying in this hotel.I travel a lot all over world.
Would not recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Take room on higher floors 2nd and above.Please ensure you donot take room on -1 & 1st floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear DilipKeshary,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

First of all I also want to thank you for your nice comments about our fitness centre, spa and the breakfast buffet it is very nice to read that you have liked this. In regards to your feedback about the wired internet I would like to share with you that we are currently looking at several options with different companies to improve this service to wireless internet. Furthermore we are unfortunately unable to have windows that can be opened, this while there are a lot of planes flying low over and therefore we are not allowed to have windows that can be opened.

St Helens
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here for 3 days. I would say that the hotel is 'average' - the room I had was rather basic if I'm honest with a lot of scuffs on the paintwork etc - it was in need of a little renovation. Bed was comfortable (hypnos mattess) but 2 twin beds and since one was on wheels it does make pushing them together into a double impossible! - only one extra pillow which I felt was odd in a double room. Also, tea and coffee facilities again, only one cup and spoon for the double room, and only powdered creamer (rubbish in tea!) My main issue with the room was that there is no possibility to get natural air into it - the windows are sealed so it feels like you are in a hermitically sealed 'cell'. There is air conditioning in the room, but fresh air would be nice. Food throughout the stay was pleasant, if a little 'samey'. Car parking is secure, although the permit card and barrier system are a little temperamental. The shuttle bus to and from the airport was excellent - always bang on time and the drivers were courteous, as were the reception staff in making bookings for it etc. I've stayed in better hotels for the price, but I would not have a problem using this one again.

Room Tip: I think most rooms are similar.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear hobbes3469

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is good to read that you found our shuttle bus service excellent! This also counts for naming our shuttle bus drivers and reception staff to be courteous! Thank you very much, this is of course what we expect of our personnel and is highly important to deliver excellent service. Furthermore I want to respond to you regarding the windows that are sealed. In all hotels at the Schiphol area there is no possibility to open the windows in the rooms because of the airplanes that are flying very low over the hotel, therefore the noise will be too loud in the rooms. I am sorry as well for only having one cup in your room for the tea/coffee facility. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies and I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you during your stay at our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and comments. We look forward welcoming you again soon.

Redland City, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Thus hotel was great the facilities were 5 star. Clean, great service and friendly. The location was just outside the city centre. Which was just a small walk and tram rude away. Food was a little pricey but great quality. Breakfast was plentiful and filling. Before our flight home.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Madi2405,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I also want to thank you for your very positive words! It is wonderful to receive this feedback about our hotel. For example that you share that our facilities are great and that you found it a 5 star rating! I want to thank you as well for the comment about the clean, great service and friendliness from our personnel, this is where we strive for as hotel, to offer you as guest the best possible service.

Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We ended up staying overnight due to a delayed flight but it was a good hotel to be stranded in. Food was fantastic and the room was modern and clean with a large shower in the bathroom. The only niggle I had was a restless night caused by tiny half length pillows and slightly hard bed. But the room had a uk plug which was very handy as I forgot the adapter. The staff were friendly and helpful and the shuttle bus started very early. Although, it is further out from the airport than you might expect. The airline covered our costs so I cannot comment on pricing or value for money.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and it was still quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I want to thank you as well for your very nice comments that you have shared about our hotel. Our chef always wants to deliver the best dishes to our guests and it is more than a pleasure to read that you found the served food fantastic! As well as that the staff was friendly and helpful! This is where we strive for as hotel, to make your stay comfortable and delivering good service!

Haelen, Limburg, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Although it was the second time for me being here, the second wasn't that good as the first time. I did like their spa area, this time the sauna didn't work and at the reception they didn't want to give me a badrope as this seems to be only for executive rooms.
The food and service in the restaurant was excellent. Rooms are not to big, but clean and comfortable. Will come again and hope their spa will work.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Robert Reesink,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is good to hear that you will visit us again in the future and that the experience in the restaurant was excellent! Furthermore a clean and comfortable room is always what we aim for in our hotel. We want to offer the highest possible quality to our guests on every front! Therefore I am very sorry to hear that the staff wasn’t able to provide you a bathrobe and I am sorry as well for the inconvenience the sauna caused you during your visit at our hotel. Hopefully this will not occur in the future again!

Thank you again for your review and comments. We look forward welcoming you soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!