“Handy for airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

You added Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Melbournestraat 1 | Lijnden, 1175 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #129 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Fortrose, United Kingdom
“Handy for airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here as a stop over and booked with club carlson points ( I stay in rezidor hotels all year so have so many points on my account I thought that I might as well use some up).
The free shuttle bus from the airport is very useful.
The reception / lobby area appears cold and unwelcoming and receptionist was efficient but withdrawn. Very much a corporate " I have to tell you these points" without the usual rezidor (Radisson) appearance of caring.
Room was a very good size but didn't like the separate toilet which was a fair distance from the main bathroom.
Disappointed that there was no complimentary water available. Kettle and cups for making coffee but no coffee!

Bed comfortable.

I did not eat in the hotel but I noticed that the food was a little on the expensive side.

I'm not sure if it is a ploy to make you hungry, but in the evening I could smell French fries in the air con and in the morning toast!

Would I stay again? Probably, just for the convenience of the airport but not in an executive room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear bryan S,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to hear that you appreciate our shuttle service. I am therefore very sorry to hear that the receptionist was withdrawn. I will make sure that this will not happen again because making you feel welcome is one of our main priorities. Regards to your feedback about our room I am very happy to hear that you loved the size of the room, but you didn’t like the separate toilet from the main bathroom. I would like to inform you that we have superior rooms. These rooms are a little bit smaller but they do have a toilet in the bathroom. Furthermore I am very sorry to hear that there wasn’t any coffee in the room. I will tell the Housekeeping department that they need to double check the room during cleaning to prevent similar situations in the future. On a more positive note I am very happy to read that you find our beds comfortable. A good rest is very important.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or to one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My company hosted its very first public conference over four days at the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel and without any doubt, the venue contributed enormously to the success of the event.

From the outset, the staff and management were fantastic, assisting in every aspect of the booking, logistics preparation and accommodation reservations. On arrival the day before the event, they provided workspace and allocated both an events manager and a logistics manager to help us. The staff were great, very friendly and professional and always happy to do that little extra just to help. Of particular note are Ilona and Leon.

On food - what a buffet! The chefs asked what we wanted, we pointed out a number of vegetarians and vegans, then left it to them. The breakfast was excellent, coffee breaks always accompanied by something sweet and something savoury, while lunches, both buffet style and seated were tasty and catered for all taste and needs. But the piece de la resistance was the formal evening buffet, which followed on from champagne roundtable discussions - a great eastern fusion with unlikely combinations put together to tease the taste buds - well done team, it was fantastic.

The conference venue was large and comfortable and despite a local area power failure, enormously successful. The majority of delegates stayed at the hotel and all complimented the facilities on offer, from the lounge through to the exercise area and the bedrooms. My executive room had a separate lounge, ample room to work and a comfortable bed for that precious conference commodity, sleep.

I would not hesitate to book our next conference at the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel and meanwhile, am heading back there with my spouse for a weekend away to recover!

Dear Mike F,

Thank you for your amazing review!

I am really thrilled to read that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel during your conference. It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed our staff in every department and especially Leon and Ilona. I’ve shared these comments with them and it really made their day. It is really our main priority to give you a home away from home with good food and a good room where you can find the rest you need. It is just amazing to read how detailed you describe all the departments in our hotel and I really want to thank you for that.

I am very happy to read that your event was a success and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in our hotel!

Hotel manager
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The rooms at this hotel are spacious and convenient to the airport. The free shuttle runs every half hour and it takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport. However, it's a good idea to reserve a space on the shuttle to the airport as they do fill up. Breakfast was superb, but all of the food is expensive. There is nothing else in the area of the hotel, so if you want something other than the hotel restaurant, you're back on the shuttle to the airport. It was a comfy place to set my head for the night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Emily H,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you liked your stay at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and that you found it comfortable. I appreciate that you advise others’ about our shuttle service. Furthermore it is great to hear that you really liked the breakfast, because we want to serve the best possible quality to all our guests. I would like to inform you that if you compare the prices in our restaurant with the prices in the city centre of Amsterdam, you will see that the prices are comparable. This will not take away the inconvenience and for that I would like to apologize.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward seeing you again at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or at one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We are just glad that we chosen this hotel for a weekend getaway with my bf for my birthday...We actually arrived late already but it wasn't a problem at all, there is a free shuttle from the airport which was a great plus for this hotel, it save us time to locate the place and saves us money.When we arrived at the hotel, check in was just so quick no hassle, the room was immaculate clean and it was clean everyday. Breakfast was great loads of selection, I really enjoy having a fresh squeeze orange juice which I don't get often in a buffet breakfast....the room we had , had a very strong wifi connection, I know some of the review is saying about no wifi connection in the room, I wasn't really expecting much to have a wifi connection in our room, but to my surprise I had a full 5 bar connection which makes me happy kudos to the management for addressing this problem .The only problem we had on this hotel is the bed, we actually request a double bed instead of having two single beds that's been put together, it's not comfy coz the bed tends to move apart...ends up falling in between the bed. but over all it was a great stay and will definitely recommend to our friends and sure be back, and hoping to get a proper double bed instead

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Cheekybonbon,

Many thanks for your amazing review on TripAdvisor.

First of all happy birthday! I am thrilled to hear that you appreciated our cleam room. I have shared this nice comment with the Housekeeping department and it really made their day. I am also happy to hear that you had a really good Wifi connection. I am therefore sorry to hear that you had a twin bed instead of a double bed. I want to inform you that we are always happy to help you finding a solution if you have a problem. So please tell the Front office on your next visit that you prefer a double bed. Nevertheless, this will not take away any inconvenience you have experienced during your recent stay, for which I offer my sincere apologies.

I am happy to read that you will visit us again and we are looking forward to it.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Used hotel a few times and always for business trips. Hotel is a shuttle ride (10 mins) from airport...shuttle is free and picks up outside terminal building every 30mins. A large hotel with a big reception area that can get very busy.....they have a dedicated Club Carlson check in line but not sure if that really works as well as it should. Used Executive Lounge, which is located on the Ground floor......actually, this was very comfortable with free soft drinks, beer, wines, coffee, tea and snacks...although I didn't see any snacks. Executive room OK size with space to work and relax...with a seperate toilet from bathroom. On this trip I decided to eat in the restuarant and the food was fine with good levels of service. Check out sauna and gym.....I believe this has had a make over and looks good.
TIP: Book shuttle spot for the return leg to the airport via receptionist.....this can get very busy in the morning.

Dear SJ262013,

Many thanks for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you’ve appreciated your stay at our hotel. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Executive lounge. However, I am truly sorry to hear that you didn’t see any snacks because normally we do always have snacks. I will make sure that this will not happen again. Of course this will not take away the inconvenience and for that I would like to apologies. Finally, it is very good to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant. Service and quality is one of our priorities and I am glad that you experienced it that way.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to seeing you again in Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport or in one of our affiliated hotels when your travels bring you back to the area.

Arendal, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed for one night at this hotel prior to an early flight out of Schiphol. I stayed in an executive room. I liked the hotel, service was good and rooms were nice and clean.

Bed was heavenly, it's pretty rare that I think a bed other than the one in my own bedroom is amazing, but this bed surely was. Slept like a kid!

The only big complaint I have about this hotel, is that the WIFI didn't work properly in my room. It worked fine, however, in the lobby area.

The shuttle service was good and efficient, though it's worth noting that this hotel is a bit further away from Schiphol than most other airport hotels. It is pretty "remote" in the sense that there are no restaurants or attraction around the hotel, which is mainly a business area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Cecilie556

Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor.

It is really amazing to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds! It is our goal to give you a good night rest and I am very happy to hear that you had that. In regards to your feedback about the internet I would like to share with you that we are currently looking at several options with different companies to improve this service. Of course, this will not take away any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay, for which I would like to offer my apologies.

I hope that you had a good flight and we are looking forward to welcome you back again when you are in the area.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed for one night for business reasons in this hotel. I didn’t use their shuttle as I was by car; there were enough parking spaces at their parking deck.

The lobby floor of the hotel was very crowded, upon check-in and -out there was a line.

The room was OK, nothing special.
The staff was helpful and welcoming at check-in as well as in the restaurants and bar.

The breakfast was OK, also nothing special.
I ‘ve had lunch that was very good but the dinner in the Romeo restaurant was for the price they asked below average. Also there was too much lighting in the restaurant, which gave it the appearance of a canteen.

On the other hand, their bar was very well decorated and inviting.

Overall I think it is more a 3* than a 4* hotel but good enough for a good night sleep for a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Johanna62,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor.

It is nice to hear that you appreciate our parking deck. I am therefore sorry that you had a line upon check-in and out. Therefore I want to inform you about our Express Check-out. If we can welcome you back in the future you can choose for this easy way to check out upon arrival. Furthermore I would like to thank you for your nice comment about our staff. I’ve shared this with them and it really made their day! Finally, in regards to your feedback about the restaurant I would like to let you know that I will make sure that this will not happen again in the future. On a more positive note I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the bar.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!