“Excellent Airport Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Melbournestraat 1 | Lijnden, 1175 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #138 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Minneapolis
“Excellent Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My flight was delayed out of Helsinki which caused a misconnect in Amsterdam. I requested KLM to send me to Amsterdam on the next flight and out of AMS next morning to Minneapolis. I had been at the Helsinki airport from 530am to 230p which made for a very long, tiring day. Upon arrival in Amsterdam I was directed to the Transfer desk to receive a hotel reservation and vouchers. The KLM staff at the airport were fabulous and sent me to the Park Plaza. I was given a 3-course dinner voucher and buffet breakfast was included. The hotel seems fairly new, very contemporary. Front desk was pleasant and efficient. The room lighting was very dim which made it difficult to see properly. Dinner was fabulous...grilled salmon...and the service was extremely efficient. I left for the airport to catch a train to downtown Amsterdam for a long walk to shake off several hours of sitting in Helsinki. The Christmas market is going on and it was a very lovely evening. I headed back to the airport and caught the airport shuttle to the Park Plaza. Their shuttle service is also efficient and ON TIME. Don't be late..you'll miss the van. I arrived back at the hotel at 1115a and went to the bar for a late night beer. Met some wonderful people and stayed until 130am. The bar staff were very patient and did not rush us out. We were all pretty jet lagged and thirsty. The morning breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING. I'm so happy I woke up early to enjoy all the great foods. OVERALL, I'd highly recommend this property if you're overnighting for flight reasons.

Room Tip: Room needs better brighter lighting options
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear MKK10,

we are thrilled with your positive comments on Tripadvisor! It is always very nice to read that we were able to create something very positive out of something not so nice, which was your misconnection on Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Your comment on our lighting options is much appreciated, and for us an issue to take up.

We are looking forward to welcome you once again at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport in the near future. Please contact me directly in case I can be of any assistance with your reservation with us or with one of our other PPHE properties, including the brand new Art'otel Amsterdam.

Warm regards,

Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on weekend while returning back to India. The hotel is very well maintained. The rooms are nice, spacious (by europeon stds).
The fitness center is very well maintained.
The shuttle is the biggest plus for this hotel which is every 30 minutes to airport and from there you can easily go to downtown for sightseeing.
Overall awesome experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review KanchanAbhi and for your kind words. I am thrilled to see you’ve enjoyed your weekend with us on your way back to India.

I am also glad to read that you’ve had the time to visit Amsterdam. Did you have the chance to visit the re-opened Rijksmuseum?

I trust you enjoyed your event with us and we’re glad you enjoyed one of our spacious and comfy rooms.

Hotel manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

++ room & bathroom are big and clean..
++ Free shuttle bus from and to the airport.. it goes every 30 min, start from 5 in the morning until 12 midnight.. great if your early morning or late flight..

-- only one, wifi not provided in the room, but at the lobby wifi is free and fast..

I am very satisfied, sadly is that the hotel quite cheap only on weekends, we tried to book during the week and the price went high..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Magda N for posting and adding another 5 star review for our hotel.
I also like to thank you for your comment about our wifi service and I am happy to let you know that our technical department is currently working towards a wifi connection throughout the hotel in the near future and hopefully this will be in place the next time you’ll visit us.

In regards to the pricing of our rooms I would like to share with you that these are fluctuating throughout the year. I would like to invite you to contact me personally next time you’d like to make a reservation. I will be happy to check if there are special offers during that time.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed two nights on Nov 2013, (we were lucky and the weather was fine) , the room was very clean and nice, rich breakfast and varieties of fruit.

There are shuttles to the airport every 30 min where you can take a train into Amsterdam.

The staff was very helpful and elegant . (Thank you Catarina)

Wi-Fi is ONLY available in the lobby with a proper signal, but you CAN'T use Wi-Fi in the room because of a very weak signal.. ( This was a great problem for us.)

Pets are not allowed.

Room Tip: Don't count on Wi-Fi in the rooms.... very weak signal.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for posting this great review Al0n_C and for choosing our hotel for your trip to Amsterdam! I have shared your kind words with our staff and of course with Catarina. Your words made her day!
I am also happy to read about your positive experience with our transportation service to and from the city of Amsterdam.

I am taking note of your comments about our Wifi service, I am aware of the weak signal in some of our rooms and I do apologize. Fortunately I can let you know that our technical department is working hard towards a strong internet connection throughout the entire hotel for the near future.

We are looking forward welcoming you again on your next visit to this area!

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel services are very good in general, and good choice if not looking for location in busy areas.
Staff is very friendly, professional, with welcoming approach, and willing to help in case of any problem.
room is generally well equipped, even if it doesn't have always refrigerator.
the linen are smelling stink a bit, even if they look clean; I think they could improve it.
Car parking is provided at little daily rate.
Internet is free in the room, but not always working.

Room Tip: ask for a room where internet connection is good (lower floors).
Dear GIAMA69

Thank you for posting and adding this great review. I am happy to read that you felt welcome and that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff. I have shared your kind comments with the entire team and they too are delighted to have provided such a great experience with us.

I have discussed your comment with the Housekeeping Manager and she will look into the condition of the sheets. I’d like to thank you for remark, as this feedback is of such importance to us, but I also like to apologize as I can imagine the inconvenience this might have cost you. It would have been our pleasure to provide you with new bed linen. If we have the chance to welcome you again in the future I’d like to encourage you to please let us know during your stay of any problems you might encounter. This way we can do our best to find a solution.

I am also happy to let you know that we are working towards a better internet coverage throughout our hotel.

Once again thank you for your recommendation and comments. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Clean, very good service, rooms are really nice, it's close to the airport ( there's a free shuttle to and from the airport ) and not too far from the city centre ( if you go by taxi it's about 40 € )

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thanks for this great review Adele P!
I am pleased you enjoyed our service and our rooms.

I am also happy to share that in addition to the free shuttle bus to and from Schiphol Airport, we currently offer our guests also a shuttle service to the city center. For the amount of 9,50 € into the city and 7,50 € for the way back you can choose to be dropped off either on Dam Square, at The Anne Frank House or in the middle of the museum area where you can find the Van Gogh Museum, The Rijksmuseum and The Stedelijk Museum.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for a few timws now whenever I come for work in Amsterdam. For the advance booking price on offer this is probably most value for money .

Airport sounds far for a foreign traveller, but its very well connected to the city and transport is cheaper. Shuttle every 30 mins between airport and hotel and then airport train station ios very well connected to teh city. Dont spend money in a dump in main city . Chose this and you would not be disappointed

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for this great 5 star review sumitgupta_mit and for your continued loyalty.

It is absolutely great to read your feedback about our free transportation service to the airport. I do hope that during your next stay with us you’ll have the time to go to Amsterdam as we now also provide direct transportation the city center. For the amount of 9,50 € the shuttle will drop you off at one of three different locations in the city.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!