“Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Melbournestraat 1 | Lijnden, 1175 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #139 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Frankfurt, Germany
“Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel services are very good in general, and good choice if not looking for location in busy areas.
Staff is very friendly, professional, with welcoming approach, and willing to help in case of any problem.
room is generally well equipped, even if it doesn't have always refrigerator.
the linen are smelling stink a bit, even if they look clean; I think they could improve it.
Car parking is provided at little daily rate.
Internet is free in the room, but not always working.

Room Tip: ask for a room where internet connection is good (lower floors).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear GIAMA69

Thank you for posting and adding this great review. I am happy to read that you felt welcome and that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff. I have shared your kind comments with the entire team and they too are delighted to have provided such a great experience with us.

I have discussed your comment with the Housekeeping Manager and she will look into the condition of the sheets. I’d like to thank you for remark, as this feedback is of such importance to us, but I also like to apologize as I can imagine the inconvenience this might have cost you. It would have been our pleasure to provide you with new bed linen. If we have the chance to welcome you again in the future I’d like to encourage you to please let us know during your stay of any problems you might encounter. This way we can do our best to find a solution.

I am also happy to let you know that we are working towards a better internet coverage throughout our hotel.

Once again thank you for your recommendation and comments. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Clean, very good service, rooms are really nice, it's close to the airport ( there's a free shuttle to and from the airport ) and not too far from the city centre ( if you go by taxi it's about 40 € )

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thanks for this great review Adele P!
I am pleased you enjoyed our service and our rooms.

I am also happy to share that in addition to the free shuttle bus to and from Schiphol Airport, we currently offer our guests also a shuttle service to the city center. For the amount of 9,50 € into the city and 7,50 € for the way back you can choose to be dropped off either on Dam Square, at The Anne Frank House or in the middle of the museum area where you can find the Van Gogh Museum, The Rijksmuseum and The Stedelijk Museum.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for a few timws now whenever I come for work in Amsterdam. For the advance booking price on offer this is probably most value for money .

Airport sounds far for a foreign traveller, but its very well connected to the city and transport is cheaper. Shuttle every 30 mins between airport and hotel and then airport train station ios very well connected to teh city. Dont spend money in a dump in main city . Chose this and you would not be disappointed

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for this great 5 star review sumitgupta_mit and for your continued loyalty.

It is absolutely great to read your feedback about our free transportation service to the airport. I do hope that during your next stay with us you’ll have the time to go to Amsterdam as we now also provide direct transportation the city center. For the amount of 9,50 € the shuttle will drop you off at one of three different locations in the city.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My booking was an unorthodox one, as my flight was overbooked, and I was forced into a hotel in close proximity to Schiphol airport. I like to plan these things carefully, and in advance, so I was already not in the best of moods.
Let's deal with the positive points first. The shuttle bus was regular, the driver friendly, the seats not uncomfortable, and the trip both short and free. The front desk staff were helpful, despite putting up with an awful lot of crap from other patrons on issues that weren't the hotel's fault.
I never tried the food, I was on a schedule.
The hotel corridors were... foreboding. Reminiscent of an overnight ferry (but not as well lit).
The room was adequate for the purposes. My shower was a bit temperamental, but that wasn't the end of the world. I had a problem with the room temperature, but that may well have been me, and not the fault of the hotel. ;)
The worst thing about the hotel was the smell in the lobby. I'm guessing it was stagnant water.. there was definitely a sewer-y reek about the place. Not something you want to be hit with upon entering the place which will be your temporary home.
So, all in all, average. Highly dependent on available pricing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Stormachtig,

Thank you for taking the time to put your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to see that you've enjoyed our Front Office Staff in being hospitable and welcoming during your unexpected lay-over.

I am sorry to note your comments about a smell in the lobby. I can assure you that his is not regular occuring problem and this is the first time I hear about this. I will nevertheless look into it and will do everything I can to prevent this situation in the future. My apologies.

Thank you for your review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a great stay. Pros: location across from the train station so easy access from the airport, trams and buses also go from there. Walking distance to themain attractions. Cons: breakfast is expensive for a small buffet. Rooms were clean but the walls are sooooooo thin you can hear everything

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you francis b for this great review with the perfect header! I am glad you’ve experienced our location as convenient and positive. This is wonderful to hear.

I am sorry to note your comments on your breakfast experience, I have shared these with our Restaurant Manager to ensure the variety and the high standards of the breakfast usually delivered is maintained. I also like to share with you the better prices when booked in advance.

Thanks again for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel before a flight, at check-in I was handed an information sheet that had all the important information about the hotel. The hotel rooms themselves are modern and very nice, and the staff was otherwise friendly, but when I went to check-out I ran into a problem. The information sheet said airport shuttles left every 30 minutes at 5:15 -- very clearly. I arrived in the lobby at 5:30 to check-out and get the shuttle to the airport, when the manager told me that there was no 5:45 shuttle, early in the morning it was only once an hour. Even if there was, I'd need to register for it (also not on the information sheet).

I was meeting a colleague for breakfast at the airport, and missed this because of the shuttle fiasco. The hotel refused to provide an alternative way to the airport. This is really poor way to treat loyal customers.

The way the management handled the shuttle situation was a total put off. Other reviews on TripAdvisor seem to indicate that customer service isn't a strong point here and it shows.

I won't be staying at this hotel again.

Dear berlinflyer83 ,

First of all I'd like to thank you for your feedback. Your comments are of great importance to all of us and will help us in our efforts to continuously maintain and improve the standards to the level you may expect from us.

I'd like to apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience with our shuttle service and the lack of information provided to you. I will look into the information sheet and will adjust where needed to make sure this situation will be prevented in the future.

I sincerely do hope to be able to welcome you in our hotel again in the future to make sure your next experience is a positive one.

Olomouc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I made the hotel reservation via a travel agency, a few weeks in advance. Since we would be arriving late I made a phone call to the hotel, informing them of our late (11 PM) arrival, to make sure that we would have a room. They acknowledged our booking, confirmed the advance payment, and assured me that the room will be available. That same evening we arrive at 10:30 and they tell us that they are over-booked. I simply cannot believe that that did not know this when I called in the morning of the dame day. They then offered us another “also 4 star” hotel in the city. We accepted this offer, since we had no choice. When arriving at this alternative hotel we quickly came to the conclusion that whilst it might be a 4 star on paper, in reality it wasn’t much more than a student dormer. We therefore demanded to get rebooked to the Park Plaza hotel opposite to the railway station.
So we got two lies on one day: a firm confirmation that the room would be available to us; and the suggestion that the alternative hotel was of the same quality.
Rather than avoiding issues for us they chose to let us come there at 11 PM, to then move around the city for another one and a half hour before we finally arrived at an acceptable place to stay. Unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter J,

Thank you for your review, however, I am sorry to note you did not enjoy your stay with us.

In the rare occasion we have an over-booked hotel, the change and transportation to an available room in one of our other hotels in the area is usually smooth and without any major hiccups. It was never our intention to turn your arrival into such a stressful one, and I regret to read that you perceived our miscommunication as lies. My apologies.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future so we can get another chance to make your visit a positive and great experience.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!