“Good Stay By the Airport - No Wifi in rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

You added Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Melbournestraat 1 | Lijnden, 1175 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #124 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
Burlington, Canada
“Good Stay By the Airport - No Wifi in rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had to stay here after my conference in Amsterdam. It's right by the airport and have shuttles every 15-30 minutes which is convenient if your catching a really early flight. Very modern hotel with a nice front desk staff. Only things I did not enjoy about this hotel is they put me in a double bed room when it was just myself so I had to change rooms. The room was very small and on the -1 level so you can only see the highway. I was really annoyed they only had wifi in the lobby and ethernet jack in the rooms. Didn't check out any other facilities within the hotel. I wouldn't stay here again because of the Wifi but if they fixed that I would go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Suong N,

I would like to thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to read that your stay with us was such a positive one. We would love to see you back with us in the future while visiting Amsterdam. We are more than pleased to read that our Front Office staff was at your service.

With regards to your comment s about the Wi-Fi, I would like to inform you that the hotel currently has Wi-Fi in all its public areas, and cable internet in the rooms. But we are also working on a solution to improve our Wi-Fi connections throughout the whole hotel.
Regarding your comment about the fact that your room was located on the -1 level, I would like to let your know that since you requested a queen-size bed instead of a double bed we had to assign a room on the lowest floor. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards,
Maarten Arlman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hated the KLM flight but the hotel stopped pissing me off. Very clean and comfortable; very close to the airport and friendly staff. This hotel is HUGE. P.S. Loved the wake up call. I was already awoken from a nightmare but the 4:24 AM wake up call was spot on! It was right on the second! I'd love to reccomend this hotel to anyone here!
-YOLO Right?! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Yoloman69

First of all I would like to thank you for your great review on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you had such a good stay with us, even though your flight was cancelled and you had to spend an extra night in Amsterdam.
We are especially pleased to read that you have enjoyed the friendliness and service of our staff.

On behalf of the entire team at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport I would like to thank you again for your positive feedback and we and we look forward to welcoming you again with us in the nearby future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Park plaza hotel is a Gem hidden between the airport and the city, stayed on Aug. 12 for 2 nights, have a very efficient way to transport to the airport at no extra cost(every 30 min.) and also you may walk 10 min. to the closest Tramway (#1) going to Amsterdam the trip is around 25 minutes to the train terminal and cost Euros 2.80. Rooms are very spacious and tidy clean, the washrooms are of modern style (no bath tub). looks a very secure hotel and offering rooms without external noise (good sleep) , the only negative side of this hotel, is the fact that Wifi is not generally offered, also the restaurant offers a narrow menu, other than that the hotel exceeded my expectations and I certainly comeback again to this place if I visit Amsterdam in the future.

Room Tip: Ordering breakfast ahead of time online, will save a lot of Euros.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear juan M,

We would like to thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor!
We are very pleased to read that your stay with us was such a positive one and that we were at your service.

With regards to your feedback about the internet, we offer free Wi-Fi throughout public areas and free cable internet in the guest rooms. However the hotel recently installed Wi-Fi and our Technical Department is working hard to improve our Internet connections throughout the whole hotel. Nevertheless this will not take away any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Furthermore I would like to assure you that I have also shared your comment about the menu in the restaurant with our Restaurant Manager.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back at the hotel when your travel brings you back to the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Sparkling clean, well appointed room awaited us after our all night flight from Houston.
The bed was comfortable, and the room was dark enough for a mid-morning nap before sightseeing. Check in was friendly and helpful, very easy. Although it was early, we got our room right away, an unexpected plus. We would recommend this hotel to any visitors to Amsterdam who need proximity to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Sallylb38,

I would like to thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor!

We are thrilled to read that your stay with us was such a positive one. We would love to see you back at the hotel.
Your suggestions are very important to us because they help to maintain and where necessary improve the service you can expect from us.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I will start with the positives. Staff were all very helpful and polite. Hotel is generally very clean and feels well laid out and easy to find everything. The room, although fairly small, was clean, comfortable and quiet. Spa only has a steam room and sauna but it is better than nothing. The breakfast choice was pretty good and tasty. The restaurant food was also very good but a little expensive (but what can you expect nowadays).
Now the downsides. Location, location, location! This hotel is not near the airport as you may think, it cost 30 Euros to get a taxi to the hotel!!!! The tram is a good 20 minute walk away and is very easy to get lost in trying to find it. There is no interconnecting bus service or anything like that so you are on your own. It took me over an hour each day to travel by tram to where I needed to be in Amsterdam and I felt a large part of each day was wasted. I would not return to the hotel on this basis alone unless I could not find a hotel closer to the centre.

Room Tip: Lower ground floor, north facing are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear KrismanDeluxe,

Thank you for taking the time to put your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are thrilled to read that your overall stay with us was a positive one and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the friendliness and service of our staff, our spa facilities and our breakfast.
Regarding the location of the hotel, I would like to inform you that the Airport can be reached in approximately 10 minutes with our free shuttle bus. To go to the city center you can also take the train from the Airport instead of the tram or the taxi.

We appreciate your feedback and will it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,
Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel was busy during my two day stay and therefore breakfast was busy, including the queue for the one coffee machine! Need to invest in at least two more! The rooms were comfortable, however not vey sound proof as corridor noise and noise from above was a nuisance. A small shuttle bus for the size of hotel meant even though a reservation was made for my return trip to the airport the bus was full! It seems delegates attending the RAI use the free shuttle service to get back to the airport to take the train. Need to extend the wifi to the rooms to compete with similar standard hotels in the area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Slotty1964,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Regarding your comment about the busy breakfast, I’m really sorry about the inconvenience that this might have caused you. Please be assured that I will forward your comments to our Restaurant Manager to prevent this from happening again.
With regards to your comment about the Wi-Fi, I would like to inform you that currently the hotel has Wi-Fi in all its public areas, and cable internet in the rooms. But we are also working on a solution to improve our Wi-Fi connections throughout the whole hotel. Nevertheless, this will not take away any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Your feedback regarding the shuttle bus to the Airport has been shared with our management team.

Again, we would like to thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Hotel Manager
Muskego, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

English speaking staff, with clean and comfortable beds. Room is small, and basic with safe and blow dryer. Bathroom nice size. The rooms do not have irons. No gift shop or concierge. Wi-fi in room was extremely slow or not working most of the time. One shuttle to airport and 20 min. walk to tram to get to city center. Reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Pkrejci,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your feedback on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your overall time at our hotel and that we were at your service.

With regards to your comment about the iron in your room I would like to inform you that it can be placed in your room upon request. Please do not hesitate to contact our Reception staff for assistance during your stay.
Furthermore I would like to inform you that on the ground floor you can find three showcases with souvenirs.
We do have a Guest Relations desk where you can get information regarding the city of Amsterdam. In case our Guest Relations manager is not available, you can always ask our front desk staff, and they will be happy to assist you as well!

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the nearby future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!