This was the first leg of our Europe trip and we were hoping we wouldn't spend our first few days in a crappy hotel, and we were relieved when we saw Park Plaza. Its neat, very comfortable and well managed.
The location however makes it seem business-y rather than for tourists. It's nowhere near the touristy part of Amsterdam and it takes about an hour to get there by tram. That said the tram stop is nearby and they are frequent enough.
There is a great free airport pickup service which you can use anytime. The first day we were too exhausted to go back to the main square so we had dinner at the airport! It was really convenient.
All in all I would say great value for money - the complimentary shuttle service saves you even more money and its really very comfortable and nice by European standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport is strategically located close to the A9, a 10-minute drive from Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam centre. The hotel offers a private shuttle service. Pick-up from the airport is free of charge, return is at a fee.The hotel offers comfortable rooms, a stylish bar and restaurant, a mini-gym and a wellness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Low Cost Holidays, HRS, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport Hotel Amsterdam
- Holiday Inn Amsterdam Schiphol
- Amsterdam Holiday Inn