“Good hotel but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport

You added Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Melbournestraat 1 | Lijnden, 1175 RM Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #128 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bucharest, Romania
“Good hotel but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

An overall good hotel, clean, with nice staff. Looks and feels like a business hotel (no surprise considering its location). I was dissapointed by the cold room which I could not heat - this made my stay unconfortable in Dec. 2012.

Room Tip: If you need this hotel during winter and want a warm room, make sure you check this issue in advance...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valentin P,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

With regards to your feedback, I would like to inform you that we have improved our Air Conditioning system since December last year. I do hope that you will visit us again when you travels bring you back to us.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward welcoming you back at the hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Maastricht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I highly recommend the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport for early Schiphol departure travelers. I recently booked a room with optional 2 week free parking for a small surplus which is a good deal and very convenient because the complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the airport leaves every 30 minutes. A special thanks to Sabina and Cathy (Katrina?) at the front desk for Fedexing a package to me for an item which was left behind.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Florisse,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor.

We are more than pleased to read that your stay with us was a nice stay. Your positive comments regarding Sabina and Catia are proudly shared with them and we as a company are proud to work with them.

In case of another long weekend or a longer holiday, you know where to find us. We are looking forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When we checked in we asked if it was possible for us to use the spa, the lady in the front desk said yes, but when we got there our key didn't work even when we asked if we could use it when we arrived. When we finally got in there, the only thing that was on was a sauna, the steam bath was turned off and the sunbed didn't work when we tried to turn it on.

We upgraded our room cause they didn't had any room with the double bed and bathtub available, in the reservation I got on my mail it said something about that the executive rooms went fast, so I could ask for an upgrade for only _17 euros at check in_ but when I said this to the lady in the front desk she said I had to do book it online to get that price, even when it said on my reservation that I could ask for it at check in. But at that time we were stressed and had to make it to the shuttle to the airport so I didn't had time to discuss.
I had the feeling that I wouldn't get that price even when it said so on the reservation, so I mailed the hotel before we went there to make sure about different questions we had and I asked about the fullprice of the upgrade and the answer I got was 25 euros, but the lady in the front desk expected us to pay 35.

The shuttlebuss was also really small, they didn't had wifi on the rooms and we only got one bathrobe in our double upgraded room.

But except from that it was a good modern and classy hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend executive rooms to every couple, cause the superior rooms are really small and the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jale1993,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your review on TripAdvisor.

With regards to the spa, the front desk staff should have informed you that the all the facilities in the spa are activated upon request and that your room key needs to be activated to have access the Wellness Centre. My apologies that you haven’t been informed correctly, however this will not take away any inconvenience this caused you.
It is correct that an upgrade to an Executive room costs 17 Euro’s, but this is only an online offer. If you would like to upgrade your room upon check-in, you have two options; you can either choose for an upgrade to an Executive room which costs 25 Euro’s, or you can choose to upgrade your room plus having access to the Executive Lounge which costs 35 Euro’s.. I have addressed both issues to our Front Office Manager and assured me to do everything to prevent similar situation.

Once again thank you for making us away of your findings, because your feedback will helps us to fine tune our operations and learn how to improve our services. On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport we thank you for your business and we hope that you will consider staying with us once again when your travel brings you back to the area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Cons:
Super huge con: Waited for shuttle bus and it was full so I had to wait another 30 minutes, this also would've happened on the way back to the airport if the driver hasn't kicked 2 people off who didn't prebook the tickets
- I'm not sure about the rest of Europe, because I avoid the western side of the continent, but 20 euros a person for breakfast is outrageously overpriced like everything else in the hotel
- wireless Internet had horrible connection and service that was supposedly being worked on, only the wired connection worked and it was slower than dial up
- stand up shower had no door; again this might be a Dutch or European thing, but it was odd and water got all over
- horrible lighting in the room when we tried to get dressed; I get their "green" concept, but lighting should not be compromised
- other than a gas station, nothing is nearby this place for walking distance
- had 2 twin beds pushed together to make a queen, which would've simply worked better
Pros:
- Internet and shuttle service included in price (see downfalls about these items above)
- Close to airport
- very room clean and modern looking; aesthetically pleasing appearance
- very friendly, pleasant and accommodating staff

• Stayed July 2013
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Rystar,

First of all thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to read that the staffs were at your service and that you enjoyed your overall stay.
Regarding to your feedback about the shuttle, I have contacted the taxi company who is arranging the shuttle services for us and he assured me to address this issue with the drivers.
Your feedback about the Internet has been discussed with our Technical Department and they are working hard to improve the internet services throughout the whole hotel.
With regards to your feedback about the lighting, currently we are discussing this issue with the Management Team to find a solution to improve the lighting in the rooms. Nevertheless this will not take away any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Your suggestions are very important to us because they help to maintain and where necessary improve the service you can expect from us.

On behalf of our entire staff at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Positives:
Most of the staff was friendlt; relatively large rooms; free airport shuttle bus.

Negatives:
Very filthy room (hairs and a lot of mold in the bathroom + insects in de bedroom); internet not working.

I don't know if this was just 'bad luck' (couldn't get another room), but I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012
MArlman, General Manager at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Travel_CG83,

Thank you for taking the time to put your review on TripAdvisor.

It is great to read that the staff was at your service, However I am not pleased to read that your room was not deeply cleaned. I would like to extend my apologies for the condition of your room. This is definitely not the standard of our hotel and I will certainly take action to prevent this from happening again.
With regards to the internet, currently the hotel has Wi-Fi in all its public areas, and cable internet in the rooms. But we are also working on a solution to improve our Wi-Fi connections throughout the whole hotel. However, this will not take away any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Nevertheless you did not get the experience that it should have been and I do apologies for all the inconvenience these issues have caused you. I still do hope that you give us a second chance to show you that this is definitely not the standard of our hotel and that this was a onetime occurrence.

Kind regards,

Maarten Arlman,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had lovely time, I travelled with some friends, we had 3 rooms next to each other, the staff were so helpful and always wanted to help.
Breakfast was amazing, u can't ask for more.
Loved the SPA, shame there wasn't a jacuzzi or a swimming pool.
Free shuttle service to the airport, a 10-15 min walk to the tram station which takes to the central in about half an hour.

It was great value of money and definitely will stay there again next time

Room Tip: The Vending machine is amazing, so make sure u find where it is from the first day.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MuradSoap,

Thank you so much for your great review. It is great to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments regarding the staff are very comforting and will be shared with them. From our side we would like to thank you once again for your nice comments.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My second review here - in the first I commented on the gym opening too late in the morning to fit in exercise, breakfast and a 9am city meeting. It's so nice when hotels respond to feedback - the gym now opens at 6am. I've been a regular here for months now - staff are generally warm, friendly and helpful, rooms are fairly functional but provide exactly what's required. Restaurant is a bit pricey, but it's an airport hotel, so food and drink will never be cheap.Tip: it's always important to book for the airport shuttle you want, as the 0745 and 0815 can get full.

Breakfast is always good, and at 65 EUR for B&B (booked directly on the hotel's website), what's not to like?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravellingTaffUk,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to put your review on TripAdvisor. We are more than pleased to read that your stay with us was such a positive one. Your feedback is very important to us while it helps us to fine tune our operations and improve our services. I am thrilled to read that you are one of our regular guests and we would like to see you soon back.

Once again thank you for your review and we are looking forward welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!