Stayed with one friend @ Carlo's apt in Sept 2013.
- on Frederic rental: very good, very responsive, very helpful, very everything ... in a nutshell its very easy to book with him, and he has good advices for Amsterdam. Did not try the bike rental though, only 1 flat.
- the flat is located in Herenmarkt6, 1st floor. The flat is small but very clean. It is ok for a couple, but if you are 2 people sleeping in 2 different beds, one will have the real bed, the other one the couch. And the toilets + shower are located in the bedroom. So you need some organization... Separate bathroom could have been better. But perfect for a couple.
To reach the flat you need to climb a few stairs, and the "slope" is like 60degrees ... you have been warned!
Great location, 10 mins walk from central station, nice area, but can be very noisy (and I mean very) at night, like drunk guys shouting at 3am ... this is amsterdam, but if you want a super quiet place you may want another location.
Price/Quality was very nice in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are running a bike rental and guest house. Our bicycles are "incognito", all different and without annoying advertisement. For any one we have a bike in the right size. We are real foodies. The last 10 years we are checking the most delicious restaurants in Amsterdam and surroundings. This enormous investment gave us an excellent view on what's happening in the restaurants in Amsterdam. When you come to rent a bike we will share this first-class information with pleasure. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Frederic Rentabike Hotel Amsterdam