“Very Happy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frederic Rent a Bike - Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Frederic Rent a Bike - Rooms
You added Frederic Rent a Bike - Rooms to your Saves list
Brouwersgracht 78, Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #68 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at the Jordan 2 bed apartment in May. The apartment was just lovely, very clean and had plenty of space. Set over 3 floors, with modern furnishing and a very well equipped kitchen. The only thing i can mark this aparment down on is the shower that leaked over the bathroom, which is inconvenient. Great location and great welcoming from Fredric. They have lovely staff!! There is a fab restaurant called Fraiche walking distance from the apartment. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed in the Mondriaan room for two nights last week. Couldn't recommend it more! The room is located at the bike shop in the back of the canal house. No street noise. There is a small terrace available with screened windows that open to the cool night breeze. While your room and bathroom is private...your commode is not! It truly is like staying at in a guestroom at a good friend's house. This was not a problem since two toilets were conveniently located just beside our room. The bathtub was large and had a shower head available which made washing my long hair easy. The water bed was large and clean with sheets so fresh they were still warm and smelled like dryer sheets. We met Asher and Marne during our visit and both were very friendly, helpful and accommodating giving us the scoop on the BEST places to eat and see. Access to the room was simple..even at night when the shop was closed. Then you entered through the house. If you are looking for an inexpensive and authentic stay in the beating heart of Amsterdam, you must stay at Frederic's!

• Stayed July 2013
Ko Tao, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I wanted to plan something a bit special for myself and my lady without breaking the bank in Amsterdam. I spoke with the Frederic guys a couple times over e-mails to explore my options and they gave me several within my budget.

The pictures they showed me didn't do the place justice, we spent slightly more than what dormitory style accommodation would've cost for the two us but received 5 star lodging.

When we arrived the owners son and his assistant, Asher went to great lengths to explain the best places to eat, drink and visit during our stay. It really felt like they cared how our stay went, rather than just getting our money and forgetting about us.

Easily the best experience I've had whilst travelling. Keep up the good effort guys.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our extended family of 5 stayed at the Chris-Tofari apartment for 2 nights in June. The ideal Jordaan location is within walking distance of the central train station, cafe's, shopping and all the sights. Owner Marne was friendly and helpful, taking time at our arrival to give us a map and point out local spots for food and sights. A small, organic cafe a few minutes away called Vinnie's was our favorite breakfast spot. The apartment is on two upper floors, requiring a relatively steep climb up 2 flights of steps to get to it (normal for Amsterdam!). The apartment is spacious, with the upper floor containing 2 bedrooms- with an oversized comfortable double bed and a twin bed in one room and a small double bed in another room, with the only bathroom for the apartment on this top floor. On the floor below there is a tiny bedroom with a twin bed, along with the kitchen and living room. Both floors have views of the street and canal below plus good WIFI internet service. The large diningroom table is a nice spot for working on the computer, eating and chatting. Though the apartment is in need of minor improvements and enhancements (apparently soap is not provided in Amsterdam apartment rentals but we would have appreciated a few small bars of soap in the bathroom), you will enjoy the nice location and staff, making Frederik Rent a Bike rentals a good choice for visiting Amsterdam.

Room Tip: The Chris Tofari Apartment requires climbing several flights of steps which may be difficult for gue...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Petaluma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We rented Houseboat IX from Frederic. It located along a canal next the the Anne Frank house in the Jordaan neighborhood of Amsterdam. The houseboat is only 15 minute walk from the central train station and convenient to trams. There are great cafes, restaurants, bars and grocery stores within short walking distance. The Frederic staff was very friendly and helpful. The houseboat is rustic, but comfortable, complete with kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. It is a spacious accommodation for a couple, comfortable for a couple-plus-one by using the sleeper sofa in the living room. The only potential negative is that the bath tub/shower is 3+ feet off the ground to make the plumbing work on a boat. This if fine if you are reasonably fit, but could be a problem for those with limited mobility. Oh, and there is a church nearby with loud bells, but whoever rings them is a talented musician. So, unless you are the Hunchback of Notre Dame or of similar persuasion, I think you will find the bells to be a positive addition and you will always know what time it is!

We loved staying here and it was way, way better than a hotel. Recommend Oliva's tapa bar just up the street---delicious tapas and a great wine list.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We didn't get to stay but we passed by to rent bikes and were shown a couple of rooms... we really regretted not knowing about this place before. Prices were fair, the atmosphere is great and the people are really nice. Will definitely go back there next time for the bike, the rooms and the candy they offer at the cashier!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

At the recommendation of a local, my friend and I were told to check Frederic Rent a Bike after a hostel we had previously booked was a huge disappointment. My friend decided to pay for a room at Frederic, while I stayed at my original hostel. Even though I was not staying at Frederic, I was treated with such respect and friendliness! I went in and out with my friend during the day, and not once did the employees complain or urge me to go back to my real accommodations.

The room my friend stayed in was cute and cozy, with a creative mural, a comfortable bed, and some dish ware in the room. Access from the front of the house was simple, but after hours you must enter from the side door, which leads up to the owners' apartment, and back down to your own rooms. If you're intent on having a rowdy and loud time in Amsterdam, then, this place is not for you. Please note that the owners do have 2 cats that stay upstairs. They are friendly and they never go to the guests' area, but if you are allergic, take caution.

My friend and I were quite surprised by the free marijuana and spirits supplied, to be used at the guests' leisure. Because the apartments were so quiet and calm, however, this was not a problem.

The location was great as well, in the centre of town but on a quiet road facing a canal. Bikes are also able to be rented, which allows for a convenient, exciting exploration of the city. Overall, I was very pleased with Frederic Rent a Bike, even though I was merely a friend of a guest. If I venture to Amsterdam in the future, I will definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Frederic Rent a Bike - Rooms? Share your experiences!