We initially tried to book the canal house along Lijnbaansgracht but someone had already booked during our travel dates so Hector and Ton offered us the one bedroom apartment in Haarlemmerdijk in the Jordaan area instead. We booked it and fell in love with it.
Easily navigated and within walking distance from the Amsterdam Centraal Station (even with luggage and children) so both arriving and departing by train are not a problem especially if you plan to do day trips to the other cities as we did. The stairs are a bit steep but I gather that this is the norm throughout. We travel relatively light so this was not a problem to navigate. The apartment had just been vacated but we were able to leave our luggage and get the keys as soon as we got into the city. It was very clean, kitchen was complete, linens and towels were clean. They accept credit cards so payment of the balance was very fast and easy. We had no complaint whatsoever.
The location is absolutely perfect. There is a supermarket across the street and two others several meters away wether you turn to the right or left. Bread and cheese shop at the corner. Fantastic variety of fresh ground coffee beans from the quaint shop a block away to the right. Herring shop a few doors away. Laundromat also very close. A whole lot of restaurant choices. You may not have a view of the canal but these are all nearby. Our whole family would love to stay here again. (Pictures uploaded)
- Also Known As:
- Prinx Studio Apartments Amsterdam Hotel
- Prinx Studio Apartments Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated within historical city centre in a canal house.Most attractions are within walking distance. The Museum Area (Rembrandt & van Gogh is just 50 meter away. You will be surrounded by typical historical houses and canals. The studios have been very recently renovated (2007). Besides your own private bathroom, each studio has a living-dining area -with cooking facilities- and a bed area. You will find sparkling wine cava (and orange juice) as welcome drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Prinx Studio Apartments Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.