“excellent hotel and staff are amazeing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Taste Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Royal Taste Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Royal Taste Hotel Amsterdam
Oudezijds Achterburgwal 47, 6443 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #210 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
“excellent hotel and staff are amazeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

i have stayed at the royal taste twice now and its fantastic they welcome you like you are family and jan and monique are the best really down to earth people and would do anything for you. our first stay here was like we have known them for years even the bar staff offered to take us around amserdam to show us where all the clubs and clubs are which i thought was really nice of them. by far this is the best place to stay in amsterdam its in the heart of the pubs and redlight district so everything is on your doorstep. rooms are very clean and basic which was great couldnt ask for anymore really. to some it up fantastic hotel amazeing staff and its a happy place to be so i would recommend this place to anyone i will be staying here everytime i visit amsterdam without a doubt see you all soon ;-b

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have to say its a little gem in the heart of Amsterdam. Located right in the middle of the RLD. The staff are fantastic, Michelle, the day manager can't do enough for you as with the owners Jan and Monique. The bar is brilliant and used by lots of locals and has a great atmosphere. There's also a little terrace located outside with seating which is a great location to see the comings and goings , especially during the evening hours. I like nothing else than sitting here in the morning with a fresh coffee watching the area come to life. Rooms are clean and comfortable but as with most places in Amsterdam take care on the steep stairs!!

Very much recommended for a stay in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Try to get room one if you can. Large room with en suite at the front of the hotel overlooking all t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and helpful and fit would stay here again.easy to find and close to the train station. Me and the Norwich boys stayed in the 4 bedroom room with own shower and toilet in the room. Right in the heart of the city.

• Stayed September 2013
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Royal taste lies in the heart of the Red Light District and is a perfect place for bargain hunters who do not need extraordinary accommodations. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a nice little bar with some seats out in front to enjoy a drink and watch all of the onlookers check out the sights of the area. The hotel was an easy walk from the train station with several restaurants of good quality within 5 minutes walk. Ask for a room in the back where it is a bit quieter and you have your own bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

For a 1 star, budget hotel, it surpassed my expectations. 5 minute walk from Amsterdam Centraal station and pretty much 5 minute walk to everything. I was there for 2 nights and I stayed in 2 different rooms (last minute change of dates..etc). First night was a room with a shared bathroom (2 rooms to a bathroom - clean) and the second with a private bathroom. Both rooms were clean and comfortable and I had no problems sleeping. They require a deposit for the TV remote, though and ladies, bring a hairdryer of your own. You won't find it in the hotel. Breakfast is separate and I didn't have any, I just need coffee/tea in the morning. I see a lot of reviews about the hotel being noisy and the stairs being steep...well, what did you expect? 1) It's in the red light district (and the rooms are above a pub) 2) Aren't steep stairs everywhere in The Netherlands? I'm from Kuala Lumpur and a 1 star "hotel" here means you'd be sleeping on a mattress on a dirty floor. I knew what to expect when I made the booking and I got what I paid for and more. I'm happy.

The staff were absolutely amazing. I arrived at the hotel at 8 am and check in was at 2 but Joyce gave me a room by 9 am and I am forever grateful for that. Jessica was very patient with me (and my many questions about the city) and my move from Room 11 to Room 5 was smooth, thanks to her. No problems. Every cup of coffee I asked for ended up being complimentary. KC, my barista on my last day, a lovely young man who made my coffee (at 7 am!) and chatted with me till I left. The housekeeping crew (I am so sorry I didn't get your names) - they helped me with my luggage coming down the stairs...they were AWESOME. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Amsterdam Centrum, Royal Taste Hotel, right along the canal and within the Red Light District, what more can you ask for in Amsterdam for a twenty four hour visit? Seven of us flew into Amsterdam, took the train to downtown, found Royal Taste for a one night visit. What an experience! Loved the location, it was in the Town Center and within walking distance to the Anne Frank museum, many restaurants, the Hard Rock Café, and the Flower Market. Rooms were large, our four rooms were spread through-out the complex, my room was on the top floor (four floors up the very small steep steps, no elevator), large in size, red in color including the light fixture, no curtains on the windows, facing the canal on a red light district street, a small TV if you wanted to watch you had to put a deposit of $20 for the remote control and the bathroom was outside the room in the hallway. This room was the most interesting or humorous of the four, would ask to stay in it again. Hotel was on a busy loud street but the rooms were clean and it felt safe there. The bar was the hotel lobby; they held our bags for the day while we toured Amsterdam. A very nice touch, so we did not have to carry our overnight bag while touring.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
grantham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Staying 1 night,needed hotel in centre of city,and this was perfect.had room 12 on top floor,it was spacious for a single room and the shared bathroom with room11 was fine with decent shower,room was on the back so was nice and quiet.The hotel has a nice bar with both tourists and locals,and I received a warm welcome on arrival,would stay definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Royal Taste Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!