“Qbic - enjoyable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC

You added Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC to your Saves list
Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mathijs Vermeulenpad 1, 1077 Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #141 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Qbic - enjoyable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It is easy to reach and not far away from the airport and the RAI Center can be reached by foot or train, easily. Therefore it takes some time to get into the city center, but there is a tram station very close to hotel. So you have really good transport connections.
The rooms are modern and adequately furnished.
The staff is friendly and the hotel has a save baggage room.

To sum up, a very enjoyable hotel, where I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Sandra
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We’d love to welcome you again in our hotel! We’ll surely give you another perfect stay. Indeed Qbic hotel is just a 2 minute walk from the metro station and the tram station! I will make sure to pass along the compliments to our staff.
Did you know we also have a Qbic hotel in London? We hope to see you again! Kind regards, Anouk Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Lovely stay at the Qbic... such easy access to Schipol airport (less than 10 mins in a train), and easy access to city centre (20 minutes on a tram). Although it may be preferable to stay in centre of amsterdam, the Zuid area is lovely and modern and the World Trade Centre building is a nice one to see, that you probably wouldn't see if you weren't staying here, and the tram journey every day gave us a great way to take in amsterdam. The Starbucks nearby proved really handy for the hangovers we had here from late nights! The rooms were amazing - the BEST shower i've ever had! Such a comfy bed, Cubi design is definitly an acquired taste (if you think hearing your parters morning poo may destroy the relationship, then maybe not for you!) but we loved it. Staff were really friendly and printed a voucher for our cocktail cruise for us because we had forgot to!

Would happily return.

Room Tip: Get a window!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Megan,

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.The hotel is easily accessible by train from the Schiphol airport, the train ride takes just 7 minutes. Other types of public transport are indeed available within walking distance, making Qbic an ideal place to explore the city centre! Starbucks is indeed a life saver, if you’re an early bird.
Did you know you can always have tea or coffee in our lobby? The rooms have either Hästens or Eastborn beds, assuring you of a good night sleep. We hope to see you again some time!

Qbic Team Amsterdam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Qbic hotel is inside the World Trade Centre (WTC) and a few minutes walk away from the mainline to Schipol, Den Haag and Rotterdam. It is also served by a metro and tramlines. The hotel is a typical new boutique type hotel that is clean and functional. The room is OK but the "power" shower is a bit disappointing and the toilet is in an open pod. Best to go to the toilet next to the lift then for that first bowel movement of the morning. The room has high speed free internet and 99 channels of Dutch TV. Heel goed as jy Holand's kan praat. It's a room, it's clean, it's convenient and best of all, it forces you to explore Amsterdam using the ample public transport. You can get a great value 7 Euro a day travel card and see much more of Amsterdam, a city that has received a thorough spruce up over the last few years making it a stunning tourist attraction.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this honest review. The hotel is indeed easily accessible by train from the Schiphol airport, the train ride takes just 7 minutes. Other types of public transport are indeed available within walking distance, making Qbic an ideal place to explore the city centre. The absence of a bathroom door might be unusual although there are public rest rooms on every floor as you mentioned in your review.
On Dutch TV we also show many English shows, so plenty of television for everyone!

I want to thank you for the compliments about the room and location. Future guest will appreciate your tips!

We hope to see you again some time

With kind regards,
Luisana Kocks
Qbic Team Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I would not recommend Qbic hotel in Amsterdam due to several reasons.

- Unkind and unfriendly personnel: there was an issue about my reservation between the hotel and booking.com and the personnel just replied that they were not responsible and they simply took no action. This happened despite they are commercial partners, and obviously, I were not responsible as well. Due to personnel’s inaction, on the night of my arrival I had - on myself - to look for the contacts of the Dutch section of the booking agency – with initial automated voice in Dutch – in order to deal with the issue. I had to make several calls in order to let the hotel and the agency communicate each other to find a solution to the problem, finally.

- Air conditioning: the room was very cold and there was no way to adjust the temperature from inside the room due to a centralised conditioning system serving the whole building. Neither it could be switched off because the windows cannot be opened and fresh air should be provided in the room. I asked several times – at least two per night - to warm it up, unsuccessfully. The only effective relief, however, was just a heater to compensate the air conditioning system. Heater and air conditioning were running in my room at the same time: a complete nonsense!

- Sewage smell and chronic leak in the bathroom: re the leak, in particular, I discovered it during the first 5 minutes I’ve spent in my room and I communicated the problem to the reception. After a while, they confirmed the problem had been solved; however, for the whole length of my stay the bathroom continued to suffer the leak every time I was using the sink.

- The shower is not functional: the water drops out of the box as there’s no way to close it. Hence, the whole bathroom is soon full of water that remains as an unexpected lake until the next cleaning round. In my case, the whole night!

- Excessively minimal furniture in the room: while I understand the philosophy of the hotel, I had only one chair, no desk, no wardrobe, and even no phone to communicate with the hall. Therefore, I had to go all the way down (4 floors) for any issue such as asking for an hair dryer or for a replacement of the shower gel (after the 2 days that it was empty).

- Poor and expensive breakfast: absolutely a non-value-for-money breakfast served in a cramped and uncomfortable hall

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
QbicHotelsAmsterdam, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Gianperro,

We are very sorry to hear that your experience with our hotel has not been as expected.

I sincerely want to apologize about the inconvenience you’ve experienced in your room and especially about our poor service. This is not the way we want to treat our guests!

I can’t express how sorry I am that your problems were not solved on site or that we didn’t offer you an other room!

I want to thank you again for your honest feedback. We take this very seriously and will use your feedback to improve our service. We would be glad if you get in contact with us. Please send an email to management@qbichoptels.com as we can at least try to find a possible solution.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards
Luisana Kocks
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

this is a young enterprise, and the staff is very young, very friendly and eager to make their guests feel at home.
The hotel is located within the WTC, and when I checked in I realized I did not have a table. I went to the reception, and asked for a table. They told me they are a budget hotel, and only have 4 rooms with a table. However, upon short deliberation, the staffer switched me to a room with a table, without surcharge.
I had several other larger or smaller problems, and the staff went out of their way to resolve all the issues.
Since this hotel is really, really low price, I give it the note very good, for its cleanliness, staffs high commitment to make up for whatever I missed, and their great friendliness.
I will return to this location because i do value this kind of service and the feeling of being cared for personnally, and because the room was exceptionally clean and neat.
There are some drawbacks in that the shower is not separated by a door from the rest of the room, and that temperature in the room is a constant 20 degrees and can't be changed by the guest. However, when I complained to the staff about this, they came up with a creative solution within a quarter of an hour and I was given a heater, so my room would be warmer, as I requested.
Go look for such dedication...

Room Tip: If you prefer sun, take one of the rooms to the south. However, you will face a busy highway, and in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Great to read your review. Always great to see positive feedback about service.
This will make our service oriented staff very happy. Regarding the open bathroom; all our guests are free to use the public restrooms which are located on every floor.
Looks like you had a great time in our hotel, and hopefully in Amsterdam too.

So once again thank you very much, and we would love to see you again soon.

Spread the word!

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

If you want to stay in Amsterdam in a good & cheap accommodation, you can try Qbic hotel! Hotel is very close to Zuid station, so you are about five mins of train away from the airport. Moreover, you can take the "5" and be in the city center in 20-25 minutes. Not bad!
Rooms are quiete and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
QbicHotelsAmsterdam, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us.

It is wonderful to read that you have chosen the Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC during your trip to the city of Amsterdam.
I definitely agree in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient, as you mention the hotel is located within walking distance of the Railway station Amsterdam Zuid and within reach of many of the highlights which Amsterdam has to offer.

We thank you once again and hope to see you back soon.

Greetings
Stephan Schothuis

Been to Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC? Share your experiences!