“Great hotel. I wanna go back to Amsterdam!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC

Save Saved
You added Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC to your Saves list
Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mathijs Vermeulenpad 1, 1077 Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #152 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Bicester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel. I wanna go back to Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I just came back from a short Christmas trip to Amsterdam and I stayed at Qbic with a few friends. I actually chose the hotel a month ago and I had a good feeling about it. I was right.
For the price you pay, you get more than expected.
First of all, it's very modern, the rooms are interesting and everything is clean. We all liked the idea of a room with no windows, no bathroom door and coloured lights just because it's something different; something that we never saw in other hotels.
The staff was very friendly, especially one of the girls (don't know the name,sorry) always smiling and talkative.
The trip overall was great fun and we're glad we chose this hotel. I will be back again, hopefully soon.
I recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to go to Amsterdam and is looking for something different than a normal, boring hotel. See you soon!

Room Tip: If you're looking to have fun, choose a room without windows, it's way more interesting!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Alec,

WOW, what a great review! We would be very happy to welcome you again in our hotel sometime soon. The best available rates you’ll find on our website. There you can also read our blog where we post tips and news about the city Amsterdam.

Luisana Kocks
Qbic Team Amsterdam

844 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there with my boyfriend and 3 other friends. Beds very comfy, without the "hole" (one big matrece). The hotel was amazing, definitely the best choice, gonna come back there for sure. Personnel was extremely helpful, all the time smiling, they helped us to choose where to go to party, we bought a tram ticket from them. Very nice and proffesional. The room had a huge bed and nice tv so it's nice to relax at the end of the day since the movies are in English. Very clean bathroom and the best condition. Also only one tram away from the city centre. As I assume it had one of the cheapest parkings compering to prices from another places. The best price with the best conditions and a nice design.

• Stayed December 2013
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Diana,

WOW!!!! I LIKE :) Thank you very much for your kind words. We always love to read how guest enjoyed their time in our hotel. The beds we have in the hotel are from Hästens and Eastborn, thus ensuring you a good nights rest or a relaxing evening. As you mentioned, the city centre is just a tram ride away, and maybe for the next time we are within minutes from the airport.

Parking is always more expensive in Amsterdam, we offer a great price for our guest. Glad you liked it.

We hope to see you again soon so you can relax in our comfy beds and do some more Amsterdam exploring.
UT-NL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am kind of conflicted when it comes to judiging my experience with Qbic. Because it wants to look like a highclass, fancy hotel, you estimate it by this measurement and it kind of comes out poor. But then you remember that you actually did not pay much and for this, it is quite alright then. The room was big enough, the lighting and furniture was for sure not everyone's taste, but definitely something courageous.

But I still have to make some remarks:

1) The first room we received had a bad smell, so we wanted to have another one. The handling though was done very discretely, efficiently and without question.
2) We could not find the heater, and although the blankets were very comfortable (only one though...) it was too cold during the night. As there was no phone (at least it was also well hiffen...) we could not inquire about this being bound down on the bed by lazy- and sleepiness. :)
3) As the double bed was having two matresses, the middle between the matressess bent down under our weight. Therefore the slope in the middle made it quite uncomfortable from time to time, as you role always back in the "valley".
4) I am still struggling to find one good reason for having a toilet without a door.... I can see that it can have some benefits to have a shower without a door, but why a toilet?! Even if you travel closely as a couple, for instance, it might be something subject to privacy. Not to mention the awkwardness when you travel as gender-mixed friends and only share a room for economic purposes. It really might end very uncomfortable for all parties involved...

Other than these, it was a good place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. We are very glad that you were willing to take the time for you honest and extensive review. This is very helpful for future guests. Unfortunately the air-conditioning is centrally managed, but please don’t hesitate to contact the staff for extra blankets. You can do this not only by phone, but also on our Twitter account @QbicAmsWTC !

About the beds I have good news. We have new rooms with one mattress from Hästens or Eastborn, that will ensure a good night sleep. If you’re not comfortable with an open bathroom you are always use the lavatory in the hallway of the WTC.

At our lobby there’s coffee and tea for all our guests. We hope to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Stephan Schothuis
Qbic Team Amsterdam
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Qbic is a good and very cheap hotel. The design is nice. The only drawback the room had no windows! Hovewer, this was compensated by the design again. The hotel is far from the city center so it will take 15-20 minutes to reach it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Ilya,

Thanks for your positive review and great compliments about our design.

We’re also glad to tell you that we’re working on a new system where guests can book a room with or without a window. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to call us or send a mail with your requests.

Our guests are also always welcome with question about the city. We love to tell you about the nicest shops and restaurants in the nearby Pijp or the completely renewed Rijksmuseum.

We hope to welcome you again as our guest in the future.

Kind regards,

Luisana Kocks
Service Manger Qbic Hotels
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I liked the informal atmosphere and the price was very reasonable, plus convenient for the train station and university. Decor was very funky and urban. But the bed was uncomfortable as it sloped towards the gap between two mattresses in the middle. The changing colored lights were nice looking but a pain to read by and flickered. There was not enough space to put stuff in the bathroom, one narrow shelf all my things kept falling off. The croissant at breakfast was very dry, did not seem fresh and I couldn't finish it. Staff were very friendly. Free wifi. OK may be for one night but would not stay longer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Jo,

First of my sincere apologies for your discomfort in both the bed and breakfast. This is definitely not our standard of performance, I am really sorry. We always bake the croissant fresh in the morning and we will focus on this. We checked the beds, thank you for noticing and for telling us.

We appreciate your compliment for the staff, thank you! You can call us for the bigger rooms and new bathrooms, with more space for your stuff! Please call us for special requests or help in your tour in Amsterdam, we love to do anything we can.

Tip : You can change the light on the first floor in any light or function you want!

Anouk Willems

Service Manager

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

this hotel is a good price and gives you a comfortable bed (if you have a bad back) HOWEVER this was my first trip abroad and having stayed in a few hotels in England I expected very much the same standards of cleaning as we have here. I was mortified at how dirty my room was. The first thing I did was use the toilet and discovered a few hairs on the seat, then having to remake the bed I found so many hairs and dirt underneath the overlay mattress it made me feel dirty sleeping on the bed. if you are anti-germ at all this is a no go for you! Then there was the issue of being woken up at 2 in the morning twice in a row because some sod didn't want to tell his 'lady friend' to keep it down. I do have to compliment the staff as they were helpful polite and facilitating :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gwenn,

Thank you for your honest review and compliments for us!

My sincere apologies for all your inconvenience. I regret that your room was not as clean as it should be, this is not how our standard of cleaning should be! I will speak with our cleaning company about this, sorry to learn about this after you left! Should you come back, we do offer coffee and tea at the lobby. Again, we are really sorry your stay was a bit disappointing. We hope you do come back, so we can show you a better stay, do not hesitate to call us.

Luisana Kocks Team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Th QBIC hotel was a lovely place to stay me and my friend shared the qubi room which was great! LED light panel to control the mood lights and an overall great room. The location is about 15mins away from central station on the M5 tram or the tube from Zuid station which doesn't cost a lot either which is lovely because you can stop off and walk around the towns and do some sight seeing! Overall I would recommend this place to stay for friends/couples who want a retro budget hotel not too far from the centre on dam. Thanks for a lovely stay QBIC hotel hopefully be back soon!

• Stayed December 2013
Qbic, Service Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Wow! It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Qbic Amsterdam! We love making our guests feel at home atQbic. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You are welcome to call us for the next reservation! Can we help you with anything else? A bike or a start of the day with sports & sight seeing?

We hope to welcome you back at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam!

Anouk Willems

Been to Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC? Share your experiences!