I am kind of conflicted when it comes to judiging my experience with Qbic. Because it wants to look like a highclass, fancy hotel, you estimate it by this measurement and it kind of comes out poor. But then you remember that you actually did not pay much and for this, it is quite alright then. The room was big enough, the lighting and furniture was for sure not everyone's taste, but definitely something courageous.
But I still have to make some remarks:
1) The first room we received had a bad smell, so we wanted to have another one. The handling though was done very discretely, efficiently and without question.
2) We could not find the heater, and although the blankets were very comfortable (only one though...) it was too cold during the night. As there was no phone (at least it was also well hiffen...) we could not inquire about this being bound down on the bed by lazy- and sleepiness. :)
3) As the double bed was having two matresses, the middle between the matressess bent down under our weight. Therefore the slope in the middle made it quite uncomfortable from time to time, as you role always back in the "valley".
4) I am still struggling to find one good reason for having a toilet without a door.... I can see that it can have some benefits to have a shower without a door, but why a toilet?! Even if you travel closely as a couple, for instance, it might be something subject to privacy. Not to mention the awkwardness when you travel as gender-mixed friends and only share a room for economic purposes. It really might end very uncomfortable for all parties involved...
Other than these, it was a good place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Qbic Hotels, 'Cheap Chic & No Frills'. If you are a budget conscious traveler and you are looking for fun, sassy and efficient discount hotel accommodation. It is also close to schiphol airport making it an Amsterdam airport hotel as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Hotel.de, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Venere and Otel so you can book your Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qbic Hotel Amsterdam