“Qbic experience ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC

Save Saved
You added Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC to your Saves list
Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mathijs Vermeulenpad 1, Amsterdam 1077, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #158 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Qbic experience ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

this hotel is a good price and gives you a comfortable bed (if you have a bad back) HOWEVER this was my first trip abroad and having stayed in a few hotels in England I expected very much the same standards of cleaning as we have here. I was mortified at how dirty my room was. The first thing I did was use the toilet and discovered a few hairs on the seat, then having to remake the bed I found so many hairs and dirt underneath the overlay mattress it made me feel dirty sleeping on the bed. if you are anti-germ at all this is a no go for you! Then there was the issue of being woken up at 2 in the morning twice in a row because some sod didn't want to tell his 'lady friend' to keep it down. I do have to compliment the staff as they were helpful polite and facilitating :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Gwenn,

Thank you for your honest review and compliments for us!

My sincere apologies for all your inconvenience. I regret that your room was not as clean as it should be, this is not how our standard of cleaning should be! I will speak with our cleaning company about this, sorry to learn about this after you left! Should you come back, we do offer coffee and tea at the lobby. Again, we are really sorry your stay was a bit disappointing. We hope you do come back, so we can show you a better stay, do not hesitate to call us.

Luisana Kocks Team
Qbic Hotel Amsterdam

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Th QBIC hotel was a lovely place to stay me and my friend shared the qubi room which was great! LED light panel to control the mood lights and an overall great room. The location is about 15mins away from central station on the M5 tram or the tube from Zuid station which doesn't cost a lot either which is lovely because you can stop off and walk around the towns and do some sight seeing! Overall I would recommend this place to stay for friends/couples who want a retro budget hotel not too far from the centre on dam. Thanks for a lovely stay QBIC hotel hopefully be back soon!

• Stayed December 2013
Qbic, Service Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Wow! It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Qbic Amsterdam! We love making our guests feel at home atQbic. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You are welcome to call us for the next reservation! Can we help you with anything else? A bike or a start of the day with sports & sight seeing?

We hope to welcome you back at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam!

Anouk Willems
Mannheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Qbic Hotel Amsterdam for a long weekend. We both really enjoyed our stay! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was pretty cool, with a unique kind of bed which lit up red (felt a bit strange to sleep in after having walked round the famous Red Light District, but anyway...) and had a bathroom attached (without a door...odd). But all in all it was extremely comfortable and we had everything we needed. The breakfast was very nice and thankfully was served until 11am, giving enough time for a bit of a lie-in. It was easy to get into the centre of town, we just hopped on the number 5 tram which took about 15 minutes to get to near Dam square. Although the hotel is right near a busy road and the Zuid station, it was surprisingly very quiet and we were not disturbed by the noise at all! Only a few very minor complaints, that the room was a little too warm for our liking and the windows did not open and there was a mysterious beeping noise coming from somewhere during the 2nd night which was a bit irritating! But nevertheless, a great hotel! We would happily stay there again, if only it were a little closer to the city centre!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Qbic, Guest Relations Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Beatrix ,

Great to hear you have had such a good stay with us . A pretty cool room with a unique kind of bed which lit up red , a perfect explanation of one of our rooms . This would much appreciated by future guest ! Unfortunately the WTC policy is that the window’s are not allowed to open . Sorry that we didn’t offer you an other room or fix the air conditioner on site . My sincere apologies for the beeping noise , we will make sure to find out where that came from !

Thank you and we really do hope to see you again at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam or maybe London! With kind regards, Anouk Willems Team Qbic Amsterdam
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

It was extremely practical because the hotel was two floors of the modern tower block in which we were working! It was also clean and modern, but beyond that it was spartan in the extreme and the rooms were cubicles, often with no windows and a shower & toilet corner. A bed, tv and wifi and that's yer lot. You get what you pay for I suppose and it was practical for the Amsterdam Zuid metro, bus and train stations, the shops and eating places around it and as a base from which to visit Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Fredo,

YES..thank you, practical is perfect :) and the kind of business hotel we like to be for the WTC at the south ashes. You pay for what you get and of course we have free wifi. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Most of our rooms have views, so if you call or email us next time we will make sure to meet your room preferences. Please do not hesitate to do this! Your review will be much appreciated by future guests and we would love to welcome you back again in Amsterdam or maybe London!

With kind regards ,

Luisana Kocks
Qbic Team
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Qbic Hotel WTC at each end of a three-week bicycle tour. The first room we found quite narrow and awkward, especially as we had a tandem bicycle inside with us. (It was pretty good of the hotel though, to allow a bicycle in the room.) The lack of any light from or view to the outside, especially when combined with the jet lag, also made it rather disorienting. At the end of our tour we had a much larger room on the third floor, this one with a window, which was just fine for us. The staff were warm and helpful and we were very comfortable there.

Room Tip: We were more comfortable in the second room we were offered - more expensive, but it gave us the spa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Hunter,

When our guests are happy, we are happy ! Thanks for your review and compliments for our team. I sincerely apologize for not having been able to solve your issue on site.(change to another room with windows) on the first night! Sorry, if you call us you can book a room with a view next time. Please do not hesitate to do this! Looking forward to your next visit, we will arrange new cycling routes! With kind regards ,

Stephan Schothuis Team Qbic Amsterdam
Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very simple, clean & easy going hotel, such a relaxing atmosphere.
You are left alone but there is also someone there when needed, the staff are helpfull. & polte.
Rooms are smart & comfortable.
A 10-15 minute tram journey into town, pretty easy to work out.
Breakfast is simple & nice.
All in all a good experience & would use again (hence why I'm on here ...ready to book my next stay!)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Mark,

Perfect… helpful, comfort, good.. Only compliments :) Thank you for your review, great to read! It is a pleasure to have you back in our hotel any time soon, so we can show you a perfect stay once again! Please do not hesitate to call or email concerning your preferences in room. You can try one of our new Qbic rooms?

Looking forward to your next visit.

With kind regards , Stephan Schothuis Team Qbic Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner decided to stay in the qbic hotel after seeing photos of the neon lights and strange room layout as it seemed interesting. The room was windowless, we stayed for 3 nights and due to the lack of natural lighting by the end of our stay we were waking up half way through the day thinking it was the middle of the night, not great for the body clock. That aside the room was ok...despite the fact we just had a neon light by the door and not around the bed as advertised.
The cleaning staff need to learn to acknowledge do not disturb signs. Everyday we were woken up by house keeping walking into our room despite the sign, this May have been a blessing though because who knows how long we would have slept for in the windowless cage without their unwanted wake up call.
Now my main issue is with the night and evening staff. They are like robots. We were not acknowledge by them at all, they were either no where to be seen or chatting between each other at the breakfast bar and back room. They were dreadfully unhelpful, I asked one member of staff if he knew of a local coffee shop, he looked at me disgusted and replied with 'I don't know' and retreated into the back room. This happened on several occasions with the staff, I would ask a question and they would answer it. No conversation, no friendliness. The staff speak and acknowledge you as little as possible, it's like they're security guards not hotel staff. The tv in the lobby was showing a fire burning (interesting right), I went to grab a coffee and ended up stood at the coffee machine waiting for the member of staff to be bothered to come and assist me so I could pay. After waiting and been ignored for a good five minutes I decided to do it myself, I had the cup snatched from my hands as I was about to place it under the machine and payment was demanded.

All in all I would not stay at this hotel if you paid me. From the hotel staff I met upon my stay I think they all need different careers, apart from the tall blonde guy, he was lovely and the only member of staff to make us feel welcome

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Lornzy ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your review,

We are obviously deeply sorry about your experience with us at Qbic. This is not our standard and defenately not the way we, the service managers, should behave towards our guest. I will personally look into the concerns you raised and make sure improvements are made. Indeed Qbic Hotels has a couple of rooms without windows and we like to offer you a new room with a view next time! We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you’ve encountered.

Thanks you for taking the time to post your review all feedback is important to us and will help us to improve.

Luisana Kocks

Qbic Team

Been to Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC? Share your experiences!