“Concept hotel with a little way to go, but not bad overall.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC

Save Saved
You added Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC to your Saves list
Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mathijs Vermeulenpad 1, 1077 Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #155 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
London
“Concept hotel with a little way to go, but not bad overall.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed at QBic with my boyfriend in April. The overwhelming memory I have is that we seemed to be the only people staying there!? I don't necessarily mean there is a reason for this as the overall stay was adequate and the features of the room (like the bed etc) were unique and I enjoyed having them there. Few qualms:

-Room was a bit shabby (few wires hanging out) , but I am a student and I have stayed in FAR worse and it just pedantic to rattle on about such things. Most importantly the bathroom & sheets were immaculate.
-There was no safe place to store my luggage as I had an evening flight but had to vacate my room, but again, not a reason not to stay here.
-However, I would NOT stay here with someone I was not close to, as the bathroom did not have a door! Haha. Perhaps other rooms have this option...

I have seen people complaining about the price, this hotel is very cheap for what you get. Sure it is fairly far away from the centre of town, but you are in Amsterdam! It has a brilliant and fairly cheap transport system which means you can save a few pennies for..other stuff.

Staff were very very friendly and helpful aswell!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear rising sun D,

Thanks for this really nice review . For the next Qbic Hotels there will be rooms available with doors in the bathroom. We hope to see you soon.

Team Qbic Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at the Qbic hotel with my boyfriend recently. Our room was spotless when we arrived it didnt look like it had ever been used! The decor is funky and modern, we were lucky to get a room with a window so we could turn the coloured lights off and have some natural light. It is a great place to stay if you are planning to spend most your time out exploring Amsterdam as it was so close to transport to town and Schipol airport. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam. (also very friendly and helpful staff even at 3am when we were checking out) thank you!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Emily T,

We want to thank you very much for sharing your experience with us all.
We hope to be welcoming you back soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This hotel is great if you are on a budget. We stayed here for 3 nights and were very pleased with how cheap we managed to get the hotel.

The rooms are interesting and the lighting is fun, the only two real criticisms are the openplan/open door bathroom which can at times be a bit irritating if you require privacy! I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you are pretty close to your travelling companion! Also, cleaning of the room was a bit hit and miss and it would have been nice to have the room properly cleaned and the bed properly made at least once during our stay.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel is convenient for the airport and WTC. The tram ride to the centre is not too bad and with an IAmsterdamCard all tram travel is included which kept costs down. The distance can also work in Qbic's favour because it is nice to escape from the centre after a busy day sightseeing.

All in all a great value for money hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Brk21,

Great to hear you had such a good time!
See you next time! :)

Best regards,
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

What can I say about the Qbic? On first arrival, there was no one at reception and I had to phone someone to come and check me in. So I took a seat next to the cosy "fire", or rather television with a looped video on it. Looking around, I could see the catering facilities, namely a vending machine and a microwave. The general look of the reception/lounge was that of the big brother house on a very, very tight budget.

Walking through to my room through tired looking corridors, past the WTC's security office, the lighting changed to an eerie green glow. A very odd look for public parts of the hotel. The lighting couldn't be more different to the room, I opened the door to find a red light above my head and a "bed pod" thing in the centre of the room. Think Ikea does young offenders institution. Integral to this bed pod were a set of LED lights that do interesting colour chasing programmes. Not top of my list for hotel lighting, I'd rather a little sunlight.

To my surprise, the shower room was integral to the bed pod. My toilet was about 6 inches away from my pillow and there was no door seperating them.

Before taking a poo, I decided it would be prudent to open a window. No such luck. All the windows in this cell were sealed shut. I decided to look out of the window, so stood atop my bed to see over the frosted part of the glazing. And what a view! The bins in the parking garage before me were parked pleasingly straight.

Sadly, even after turning of the disco lights, my sleep was not sound as what seemed like the entire hotel's drainage system seems to be plumbed directly into my pod. Still, at least I was reassured that my fellow inmates were a clean bunch, what with the sound of their showers and toilet breaks keeping me entertained throughout the night.

My room did not have the luxury of a desk, which I'm told other rooms are afforded.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Hello Steve P.

Many thanks for your feed back. We apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are fully aware that this may have left a feeling of dissatisfaction. We always try to be clear and honest in our communication concerning the products that we offer.

Please mail us at management@qbichotels.com so we can contact you personally.

Team Qbic Hotel
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Qbic is the first stop on the train from Schipol airport. Gent on reception was very pleasant and helpful. Check in was 3pm and he allowed us to check in before 12pm which was great. Hotel was good value for money and clean (compared to what you would have got in the city for your money). Tram 5 stopped just behind the hotel and took approx 25 mins to get into centre but least you got to see the sights on the way. Metro 51 took around 10 mins but you didn't see as much. I have no complaints re this hotel and would stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had rooms 303 and 323, 303 was more spacious than 323.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Qbic, Manager at Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear bella210205,

We are delighted to hear you appreciated your stay with us this much.
On a next visit we would be glad to offer you a great stay again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

interesting formula: funky design budgethotel in WTC Amsterdam; truly friendly staff and breakfast included largely makes up for lack of fresh air due to sealed windows or no windows at all in your room; price/quality seems fine, but if you decide to stay shorter than the number of nights reserved, you still pay the whole amount: no refund alas!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Niels66,

We want to thank you for your review. Indeed our booking terms are the ones you've stated.
The windows in the whole of the WTC building can not be opened, although the air that comes in is provided by a fresh air system.

Hope to be welcoming you back soon.

Vaasa, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Good value for money. Within walking distance of RAI conference center, not close to city center but good connections with tram and trains. Direct train connection from Schipol.

Clean room, good bed. Lighting a bit too spaced out for me, but fortunately the colorful lighting can be turned off. No bathroom door, but that is OK when traveling alone.

Friendly and efficient staff.

Breakfast of good quality although not a big variety.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear meterguy,

Thank you very much for your clear and positive feedback.

Hope to be welcoming you in the near future in our hotel.

Team Qbic

Been to Qbic Hotel Amsterdam WTC? Share your experiences!