“It is what it is... Ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Damrak Inn Hotel Amsterdam

You added Damrak Inn Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Damrak Inn Hotel Amsterdam
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Damrak 58-59, 1012 LL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #243 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Sutton, St Helens, United Kingdom
“It is what it is... Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've stayed in here 3 times now, never had any major complaints, the bedding is clean, as a the towels and the rest of the room in general, as with every hotel in Amsterdam, your knackered if your on anything above the 1st floor, we stayed on the 3rd, but it's expected so I can't make too much fuss over it. The rooms we stayed in, 42 was ok, there was a fan, big opening windows, a good shower with shower gel and hand wash, a flat screen tv on the wall, one thing I was expecting as a kettle and tea making equipment, which isn't available in rooms, very disappointing, on the plus there is free wifi and the location is excellent... It was cheap enough so was probably above our expectations, but as mentioned Ive stayed here a few times and have never had any problems really, would recommend it!

Room Tip: No.42 faces the rear so avoids most of the noise from trams and those dressed church bells!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

stayed here for 3 nights, thurs-sun for 397 euro. that's over £100 a night, for that money I expect at least a kettle in the room to make a coffe. there is nothing on the website to indicate the no food, no nothing approach to these rooms. I emailed two weeks in advance to request a room on the lower floors, my partner is disabled and finds stairs a nightmare. the reply came back that our room was on the second floor, in reality on the day, we were 68 stairs up in the roof. that's a lot of stairs to the top floor attic room.

I would not stay here again, the mouse box by the tv, with one mouse poo, stayed there our entire stay despite room service changing towels daily.

they did let us check out an hour later than usual and the staff were very pleasant and helpful and did store our suitcase for the day when we checked out.

if you just want a bed for the night, stay here. if you want at least a cup of tea in your room, avoid this place, £100 a night, I expect better that this, I have had better than this for a the same price in Amsterdam. £100 a night should get you a fridge and a kettle!

Room Tip: stay eleswhere
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Campbell River
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

On a recent holiday from Canada, my well meaning friend from Germany booked us this hotel on my credit card. I tried to book my own but he was trying to be helpful. Immediately after booking, I looked it up on my iPhone, read the reviews and thought oh oh. Upon arriving, could not find the hotel if it was not for the small number of the street address. Walk up two narrow flights to the front desk only to find out our room is on the 5th floor. No elevators, steep winding, very narrow stairs with no hand rails that make it extremely, and I mean extremely dangerous should a person have a mis step or slip off the stair-you are going down a long long way. Explained to the desk clerk that my wife just recently had back surgery and there is no way we can safely handle the stairs. I did check out the room and it did not even meet the standards of a youth hostel let alone a hotel. Despite my best "threats" (i will post you on Trip advisor!, I will call my credit card company and get the charge reversed), the clerk says we have to forfeit our 3 nights stay_almost $300 bucks if we leave because once you book, you have to give 48 hours notice. So I said, cancel our 3rd night-that's more than 48 hours notice. Clerk says no cancellation allowed now. Wanted to see the Manager-of course not available. I had no choice, we had to leave and find other accomodation. To their credit, when I got back to Canada, I discovered they did not charge me. Don't even think about having a couple of drinks and trying to go to your room-you may end up in the hospital! Not trying to beat this place up but if you are a foreigner you will find the stairs to be very narrow and difficult to navigate-book somewhere else. Now I read all reviews myself personally before booking anywhere. Where did we end up? Hotel Amsterdam-now that's a 5 star place!

Room Tip: Read the trip advisor reviews for current unbiased help!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Terrible experience. Bad location. Noisy all night. Expensive. 2 star? No way. Cramped. Smelly. Matrasses sagging. No room to move. Impossible to drag luggage up small steep steps.It can completely ruin your holiday if you go there.STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

You could not be more central if you tried, literally all the sights and sounds are directly on your door step. The only downside what the cleanliness of the hotel, I found a few unwanted creepy crawlies on the bed sheets and in the bed which prompted me to actually clean the room myself. Aside from that, a fairly decent hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After reading reviews on here we almost changed our accomodation.In hindsight there was no need to panic.It was not brilliant but nowhere as bad as people make out on here.The room was small admittedly and the stairs are steep but that's how all properties of that age are in Amsterdam and part of the character.The room was clean,clean towels daily and the beds made every day
We had read about smells of the downstairs chip shop and urine but we never smelt either during our 3 night stay.
Admittedly it was a little noisy at night (we had the window open) but let's face it,it's in the middle of a busy city.
The staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Damrak Inn Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!