“Most romantic weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fusion Suites
Save Saved
You added Fusion Suites to your Saves list
Roemer Visscherstraat 40, 1054 EZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #1 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Copenhagen
“Most romantic weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

We spend a wonderful weekend in December in this WONDERFUL B&B. The hosts were warm and helpful -pointed out just the right restaurants, the right sights, and the right places to walk hand-in-hand. And EXCELLENT breakfast :-) Fusion-suites are the perfect place for relaxing, yet in the middle of Amsterdam. Can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Well, it is no surprise to learn that my husband and I also loved Fusion Suites. Our hosts could not have been nicer or more accommodating in any way. They went out of their way for us with restaurant recommendations, room upgrade, incredible breakfasts and flexibility when we were catching a very late flight on the day of our departure. It is by far, the best place that you could stay in Amsterdam. The location is very close to the fashion and museum district and walking distance to the main part of town. After a long day we caught a tram back which was very easy and recommended bif you have been exploring the canals for the whole day like we did. I would highle recommend this unique hotel experience...home away from home!!

• Liked — Breakfast and very comfortable feeling like being at home
  • Disliked — nothing at all, can't fault it in any way
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

My partner and I stayed at Fusion Suites Number 40 from January 1 through January 5, 2009. We can't say enough good things about Fusion Suites. Alex and Sharmilla are fantastic - from the moment we walked in the door at about 8 am on New Year's Day, they were gracious and attentive hosts. Luckily for us, our room was ready even at that early hour. We had one of the two "smaller" rooms, but it was a very good size and furnished very nicely. The bathroom was huge and the tub was amazing. And then there were the breakfasts... I can't think of a better way to start the day. I also want to note something that was not immediately apparent to us when we booked our room - Fusion Suites has a great location. It is literally right next door to the city's largest park and only a few minutes walk to some of the city's most beautiful canal areas. It is not right next to the red light district (which was fine for us), but, then again, you can get there with about a 15 minute walk. The only negative thing I have to say is that Fusion Suites was so good that it made our hotel in Paris seem truly awful (when it was actually a fine place). Again, I can't recommend this place highly enough - if you are going to Amsterdam and can get a room here, take it right away.

• Liked — The owners, the breakfasts, the location, the room, the in-room computer/internet, the bathroom, the tub
  • Disliked — How bad is makes other hotels look in comparison
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Fusion Suites the beginning of November on a stop over trip on our way to Tanzania. I found out about Fusion Suites through Trip Advisor and was impressed by the reviews. Let me say this... The reviews are absolutely correct! This place is like a gem! Alex and Sharmila are two amazing people who made us feel right at home. We stayed in one of the upgraded suites and were so amazed at the space for the cost of what the room was. Usually while traveling throughout Europe we have noticed that the rooms are unusually small. This is not the case at Fusion Suites. The decor is perfection! It looked like a spread out of Domino magazine. The breakfast was superb! We were literally stuffed every morning we were there. The location was also great as well. Right across the street from Vondel Park as well as within walking distance to the museums and a little more of walking distance to the Dam Square. This is an authentic, locally owned hotel that should not be missed. If you are planning a trip to Amsterdam, you will not go wrong with Fusion Suites.

• Liked — Decor, space and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Everything was great
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Farnham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

We stayed for two nights and Alex and Sharmila were the perfect hosts. Everything about Fusion Suites is of a very high standard and we were made to be feel very welcome during our short stay. The location was perfect with Fusion Suites being close enough to all the main attractions whilst maintaining an air of calm in its residency.

This will be the place I will stay whenever I come to Amsterdam from now on because evrything about it is so personal, friendly and of exceptional quality.

Thankyou once again to Alex and Sharmila.

Kind regards,

Simon.

Stayed Fri Nov 21st to Sun Nov 23rd 2008.

• Liked — Personal attention to detail
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Washington,DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

Just returned from a brief trip to Europe that started in the City Centre and I decided on the way 'out' I would like to experience something a bit smaller and personal. I could not have asked for anything better. I spent the final day of my journey solo and Alex and Sharmila could not have been more helpful. They suggested a fabulous place close by for dinner as well as some sight seeing tips. The room was fantastic - not your typical European tiny room! Large, tastefully decorated rooms w/ special touches including fresh flowers in both the bedroom and bath. The visit felt more like spending time in a friend's lovely home than a hotel or B&B. Breakfast was fabulous too. I especially enjoyed talking with Sharmila about some of her own travel experiences. The whole experience left me wanting to return to Amsterdam soon! Any return trip to Amsterdam will definitely include Fusion Suites Number 40.

• Liked — Proximity to City attractions, yet quiet & the hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

After doing much research on the internet to see where to stay in Amsterdam, I decided to trust the reviews on tripadvisor and picked this hotel.

Amsterdam seems to have a shortage of nice hotels, so I was very much looking forward to my stay here.

Our flight was arriving from HK around 7 am in the morning and I therefore requested for an early checkup. To my pleasant surprise, when we arrived at the door at the door, we were informed that the room was ready.

The room is nice. Not spectacular but very nice. Sharmila, the hostess here is also very nice - very friendly and tries to ensure that you are comfortable in your stay. She also serves a very deliciious breakfast, which is included in the price. The room comes with internet access (with PC), which is great.

The only slight problem one might have in staying here is the lack of freedom feeling - i.e. you are at someone's house (andindeed you are) and you need to be sure you treat everything with respect. In bigger hotels, you would feel much more incognito, while here, there's always the need to do small talk with both the owners and the other guests here (seems like they are all americans).

Overall, i've enjoyed my stay here but my husband who doenst like talking to strangers probably finds it a bit overwhelming wiht the need to make small talk with everyone

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fusion Suites? Share your experiences!