“Excellent Choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fusion Suites
Roemer Visscherstraat 40, 1054 EZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #1 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Hobe Sound, Florida, United States
“Excellent Choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our party of four couples stayed here while visiting Amsterdam. It was wonderful. Great location - walking distance to everything. The owners went out of their way to accommodate us. Breakfast was wonderful. I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We travel a lot and have stayed in some of the finest hotels but we have never had a better experience than we had at Fusion Suites. Our Grand Suite was spacious, spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and quiet. The well-stocked mini-bar was so welcome when we came home after a long day of museum hopping. Snacks, water, soft drinks, beer and wine are provided free of charge. Breakfast, served in the kitchen by Sharmila, was delicious and so copious that we rarely needed lunch after the morning feast! The location is perfect if you are interested in the museums on Museumplein (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh, and the Stedelijk) which are just a short walk away, and there are many nice restaurants in the area. You are also just steps away from Vondelpark which is a lovely place to take a stroll when the weather is nice. All of this is topped though by the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners/hosts Alex and Sharmila. We so very much enjoyed our breakfast chats with Sharmila who, in addition to being a good host, is a great conversationalist. We could not have selected a better hotel to begin our vacation than Fusion Suites. Thanks Alex and Sharmila for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have stayed for six nights in a beautiful suite of this mansion, in april 2014. It's location is great in all points of view. Whether traveling by work, its 15 minutes from Schipol by taxi. Whether is a holiday trip, Leidseplein and Leidsquare are also in about 5 minutes walk away, as well as the Jordaan, one of the best places to enjoy the beuatiful and quiet canals of Amstersdam. There are bus lines and trams that can be easily accessed in all parts. Its a few minutes walk away from the main museums in the city and there are several entries to the wonderful Vonderpark a few meters. The suite I stayed was large, well airy and iluminated, decorated with sober furniture and in a great condition. The bathroon was fantastic: black marble with white crockery and absolutely spotless metals. A sideshow. Breakfast always served promptly at the chosen hour by the guest, offers products of the highest quality, such as homemade breads, meats, eggs, jams and the famous dutch cheeses, plus the finest and light crepes made right there in your presence. At the end of my stay, I was sure that everytime I return to Amsterdam I will look forward to stay there before any other place. I greatly appreciate Alex and Sharmila for the lovely welcome and for a stay of rest and relaxation. Congratulation to both for the splendid work.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

What can I say about Fusion Suites that has not already been said?! Alex and Sharmila are the absolute best hosts! They continuously go out of their way to make your stay in Amsterdam amazing and enjoyable! They are courteous and treat everyone who stays there like a member of their family. I cannot say enough good things about this couple. The rooms were extremely well decorated and the location very convenient. Breakfast was lovingly prepared every morning and was delicious. Wifi worked great and they even have a computer in the room in case you need one. This hotel is highly recommended and deserves every accolade and award they have received. Fusion Suites ranks among the best places I have ever stayed and I absolutely cannot wait to go back! Thanks Sharmila and Alex!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had never been to Amsterdam before, so when I had a free weekend from work from London I booked two nights at Fusion Suites based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, which were so helpful I wanted to contribute as well. It's a small place (I think there are only 4 rooms, but they are very large, they really are suites), and clearly highly in demand and with good reason. Sharmila and Alex are really amazing hosts, who own and run the hotel (it is actually of a bed and breakfast but I hesitate to call it that only because it is not what you might imagine when you think 'bed and breakfast' - though the breakfast is actually delicious and lovely. If, like me, you might have a knee jerk reaction against staying in a b&b type of place, don't let that sway you in this instance!) They are wonderfully helpful and friendly, without being invasively so (if that is a concern for staying in a smaller place); the hotel is the very opposite of a soulless chain sort of place (like the depressing looking Marriott around the corner), it has its own charm and personality, and staying here, especially if you've never been, is highly recommended. Sharmila and Alex are so helpful with suggestions and directions, and breakfast proved to be our best meals in Amsterdam.
It's also a very short walking distance to the major museums, and pretty much everything else in Amsterdam, except maybe the train station. Absolutely recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was looking for hotels in Amsterdam at the last minute because I had a connection in the city and my wife had always wanted to visit there. I called and got a voicemail so I kept searching. Thirty minutes later I got a call back (I was vacationing in Cape Town, South Africa at the time using a local cell phone I purchased) and spoke to Shomela (sp?) who was delightful and told me they could accommodate me for the 3 nights I required. I could not have been more pleased with my entire experience.

The hotel is charming and in a wonderful location, only a short walk to the Van Gogh museum and a huge restaurant district. The owners had breakfast prepared every morning and treated my wife Claire and I like family. The room was charming, large, and gorgeous. The bathroom was large and beautiful. The wifi worked seamlessly and allowed us to stream whatever movies we wanted. An awesome park and bike rental was less than 2 or 3 minutes away by foot. A huge election of restaurants, coffee shops, and been a casino were only a ten minute walk away, and yet, this hotel was still nicely secluded in a charming residential part.

I am so glad I chose this hotel over a big Marriott or something similar that I typically stay at. I love this boutique hotel and will definitely choose it the next time I stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Fusion Suites for four nights and had a wonderful stay. The room was lovely, furnished and decorated like a high-end hotel. Breakfast was very very good. The location is great, particularly if you wish to spend time at the museums. But most of all the owners treated us like family. We travel to Europe often and I must say this is the best place I have stayed in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fusion Suites? Share your experiences!