“A great place in Amsterdam!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fusion Suites
You added Fusion Suites to your Saves list
Roemer Visscherstraat 40, 1054 EZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #2 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
toronto
“A great place in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had never been to Amsterdam before, so when I had a free weekend from work from London I booked two nights at Fusion Suites based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, which were so helpful I wanted to contribute as well. It's a small place (I think there are only 4 rooms, but they are very large, they really are suites), and clearly highly in demand and with good reason. Sharmila and Alex are really amazing hosts, who own and run the hotel (it is actually of a bed and breakfast but I hesitate to call it that only because it is not what you might imagine when you think 'bed and breakfast' - though the breakfast is actually delicious and lovely. If, like me, you might have a knee jerk reaction against staying in a b&b type of place, don't let that sway you in this instance!) They are wonderfully helpful and friendly, without being invasively so (if that is a concern for staying in a smaller place); the hotel is the very opposite of a soulless chain sort of place (like the depressing looking Marriott around the corner), it has its own charm and personality, and staying here, especially if you've never been, is highly recommended. Sharmila and Alex are so helpful with suggestions and directions, and breakfast proved to be our best meals in Amsterdam.
It's also a very short walking distance to the major museums, and pretty much everything else in Amsterdam, except maybe the train station. Absolutely recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was looking for hotels in Amsterdam at the last minute because I had a connection in the city and my wife had always wanted to visit there. I called and got a voicemail so I kept searching. Thirty minutes later I got a call back (I was vacationing in Cape Town, South Africa at the time using a local cell phone I purchased) and spoke to Shomela (sp?) who was delightful and told me they could accommodate me for the 3 nights I required. I could not have been more pleased with my entire experience.

The hotel is charming and in a wonderful location, only a short walk to the Van Gogh museum and a huge restaurant district. The owners had breakfast prepared every morning and treated my wife Claire and I like family. The room was charming, large, and gorgeous. The bathroom was large and beautiful. The wifi worked seamlessly and allowed us to stream whatever movies we wanted. An awesome park and bike rental was less than 2 or 3 minutes away by foot. A huge election of restaurants, coffee shops, and been a casino were only a ten minute walk away, and yet, this hotel was still nicely secluded in a charming residential part.

I am so glad I chose this hotel over a big Marriott or something similar that I typically stay at. I love this boutique hotel and will definitely choose it the next time I stay in Amsterdam.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Fusion Suites for four nights and had a wonderful stay. The room was lovely, furnished and decorated like a high-end hotel. Breakfast was very very good. The location is great, particularly if you wish to spend time at the museums. But most of all the owners treated us like family. We travel to Europe often and I must say this is the best place I have stayed in.

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was somewhat skepitcal after reading all the rave reviews that the Fusion Suites could live up to our expectations, but what a pleasant surprise when it not only met those expectations but exceeded them. The fresh flowers, the wonderful breakfast, the well stocked mini bar, and even L'Occcitane toilietries are just a few of the special touches that made our experience memorable. Sharmila and Alex catered to our every need, and the conversation was even more wonderful. The location was on a nice quiet street and really close to everything. A memorable experience like this one was priceless. Hope to see you guys soon!

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Fabulous 5 star experience at the Fusion Suites. I had been to Amsterdam last year to celebrate my Son’s 10th birthday and it turned out to be a fantastic experience. The interiors are well furnished and well-renovated. The rooms are spacious (contrary to several customer reviews complaining of calustrophic rooms) and had some great bathrooms. The view from the Hotel rooms did absolute justice to the tariffs. Especially during the sunrise and sunsets. Each room had Televisions, personal safes, wardrobes, extra pillows, linens and min-bars with soft drinks and water. The breakfast was good enough and main course had a wide offering. The hotel staff was meticulous to the extent that they arranged for a small surprise get-together for my son. Even we weren’t aware. They arranged for a lovely cake and some in-house musicians to sing a Birthday song for him.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Fusion Suites for four nights and had a perfect stay: the location is great, particularly if you wish to spend time at the museums. The room was lovely, furnished and decorated like a high-end hotel with fresh orchids, beautiful linen, comfortable sitting area, even a mini-bar stocked with wine, sodas, candy for which there was no charge! The hosts, Shamilla and Alex could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. The breakfasts, served in a beautiful Dutch kitchen, were varied and delicious. We are owners of a B&B in Maine, USA, so have a good appreciation for a quality inn. Fusion Suites is among the finest B&B's we have ever stayed in. It has our highest recommendation.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely; the "classic" rooms, while a bit less expensive than the more expens...
Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Wow, like being home, only Sharmila and Alex are taking care of everything. They were so responsive to our every request - a shower mat, higher watt bulb - simple requests that they addressed immediately. They recommended all sorts of restaurants and were always interested to know how we liked them. Breakfast was delicious with crepes every day, either sweet or savory, a basket of fresh breads, fresh-squeezed orange juice, cheeses, meats, jams, and one morning tiny pancakes; eggs as you like them. We stayed in a smaller suite that had plenty of room and a most gorgeous bathroom on the top floor. The house also has a small elevator which is kind to those with tricky knees. We could walk to everything - great museums were a few blocks away, canal tours nearby and a walk to lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: I think any one of the 4 rooms would be great. The hotel is very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fusion Suites? Share your experiences!