“Great value for money & a clean bed!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Annette's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Annette's B&B
You added Annette's B&B to your Saves list
Brederodestraat 76-hs | Overtoom 552-HS, 1054 VE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #88 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
“Great value for money & a clean bed!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Myself & my boyfriend stayed in room Annette for two nights from 31st October 2011! Didnt get to meet Annette as she was on holiday :-( but met the lovely pandora who was pleasant & very helpful! Room very small but we knew this before arrival plenty of ccupboard space! Kettle toaster & microwave perfect for late & early snacks ;-) comfy clean bed, decent shower & loads warm water! All in all will hopefully return someday :-D

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed at Annette's for 4 nights in September 2011 and having spent the last 6 weeks travelling, we can look back and say it was our favourite place to stay.

The location is great - restaurants, cafes and a supermarket are within a minute walk from Annette's door. Our room had a little kitchenette so that we could buy groceries and cook meals if we wished. It is not in the heart of Amsterdam but I preferred staying in her area. A tram stop is 2 minutes walk up the road and Amsterdam is such an easy town to walk around, it feels safe at night and it is easy to navigate. Plus, we enjoyed walking through the Vondelpark every day to get somewhere.

The rooms are small but cosy. We had our best sleeps here.

Annette is a lovely, lovely lady who is always eager to assist with anything.

The only negative we could find, and it is small and did not bother our stay, were a couple of minor maintenance issues that could be attended to but they were explained to us and she apologised for them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I spent four nights at Annette´s place and would stay there again. Annette is a very friendly and helpful person and we had nice conversations during my stay. I really felt like home.

I stayed at room Laurean, which is a room with a compact kitchen. It is small, specially the bed area and the bathroom, but Annette explains it at her website (I liked that!), so the guest won´t have the expectation of having a huge appartment. The room has a door to a small garden outside, but it was not well maintained.

The compact kitchen is equipped with microwave oven, stove, electric oven, coffee maker, toaster, fridge, not to mention other kitchen sttuf (pots, glasses...) for cooking (check my pictures). So it perfectly fits to the budget traveller who doesn´t intend to spend much money eating out. You can buy everything you need for breakfast and dinner at the supermarket and bakery (very close to the B&B) and save a lot of money.

The double bed and pillows were very comfortable and I had a very good sleep quality during my whole stay. No noise at all.

The bathroom was small, but very functional. Powerful shower with lots of hot water! The only negative thing I can say about it is that the toilet seat was broken.

I liked the neighbourhood and felt safe at any time (being a female travelling alone, this is a big deal). You can find nice small cafés and restaurants nearby, if you don´t want to go far to have dinner.

It took me around 20 minutes to get there with the tram from the Central Station. To downtown, it was a 15-minute tram ride. The B&B is not far from the Concertgebouw, you can take the tram or go by foot (40-minute walk, not recommended at night, as there´s a park on the way). Staying at Annette´s place, one should consider attending one of the free concerts (check the schedule at Concertgebouw website).

Just one more thing: if you have problems with cigarrettes, this is not the place for you. Annette smokes a lot (at least she did when I stayed there), and the house smells cigarrette... This was not a problem for me, although I don´t smoke, but can bother some people.

Finally I should say that the price was very reasonable!

Tips: After requesting a room, Annette will email you with instructions on how to proceed and a city map. Print it, unless you intend to spend 2 euros for a map at the Tourist Information Centre (I was surprised they charge you for it!). Annette also can give you advice about touristic places to visit, she has folders and books to show you (avoid the bad service at the Tourist Information Centre, where you stand at least 40 min/ 1 hour in order to get advice from a bad-mooded person).

Based on the nice experience I had at Annette´s B&B I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room Laurean has en equipped kitchen, save money preparing your own meals.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed there for three days with a group of friends. We were 7 persons, so we literally filled up all the rooms. Well, Annette is really a very good, nice and sweet person, and so was her ospitality. She gave me a lot of suggestions when we arrived and even before our arrival, in the e-mails we exchanged.
Her house is located in a very convenient location: on the corner of the street there are a nice cafeteria and a supermarket (since each room has its small kitchen, this is a useful thing). The breakfast was not included in the accomodation, so let's say it was not a "bed & breakfast", but only a "bed" ;-)
The place is very near to the tram 1 stop too, that goes directly to Central Station.
This b&b really has a lot of plus, (nice owner and good prices) but the only thing I complain of is the very little space in the rooms and bathrooms/toilets. For example I was in the greatest of the rooms with other two persons (Laurean Room), and we had serious problems in placing and opening our three luggages, not to mention to move phisically ourselves through the room, since there were also a couple of steps in which we tended to stumble. We really didn't know how to move! Also the toilets where too small.
Our friends that stayed in the Annette Room (the smallest) had to hear the noise of the hot water boiler placed in their room every time someone in the house took a shower.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

This place has a great location. The neighborhood has a launderette, several bars and restaurants and a grocery store within very easy walking distance. I stayed in Room Annette, which is VERY small, but was VERY reasonably priced. The hostess, Annette, was very friendly and helpful. She even let me make a a few free phone calls from her phone.
Smokers (like me) will be delighted to discover that Annette allows smoking in all of her rooms.
However, like some of the other reviewers, I didn't think the B&B was especiallty clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Annette's b&b is a great place to stay if you're in Amsterdam for a weekend of sightseeing. Annette was very helpful and friendly during our stay and before we arrived - for example providing directions and a map. Her b&b feels more like a family home than a hotel - our room was small but the price reflected that. Most importantly our room was clean and comfortable. The neighbourhood is pretty and quiet. You can easily get the tram or walk through the beautiful Vondelpark into the city.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Booked room Annette for two nights10/03to 11/03, Annette gave us the biggest room Niaki on arrival.Nice little room, has everything you could ask for. Room is clean , the bathroom even got underfloor heating~! The little kitchen has got everything to prepare a meal. My husband use the toaster to warm up croissants every morning, fresh coffee can be made in the room as well.

The area is safe and friendly, easy access to the city centre and the airport. We walked from the B&B to the canal area, if you are not that into to walking, take tram 1, which stops two minutes away from the B&B。

Annette is warm and informative. Very patient and helpful from the first email contact to the day we left her home

If you travel to Amsterdam on a budget and want to stay in the centre of the city, this is THE place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Annette's B&B? Share your experiences!