“great and cosy flat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nova Apartments Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Nova Apartments Amsterdam to your Saves list
Nova Apartments Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nicolaas Maesstraat 72, 1072 RC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #38 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
“great and cosy flat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we moved to this flat after we found that our hotel was way too expensive and far from the centre, and i wish i have booked this place from the beginning but it was half business trip half leisure.
the apartment is bigger than a hotel room, has a modern kitchen and bathroom, gets cleaned and towels changed every day. good location as it's 1 minutes walk for a street with lot of restaurants and cafes, one big supermarket is at 10 minutes walk, the Rijks and Van Gogh museum 15 minutes, and the tram station is like 3 minutes walk, so fantastic location !
the building doesn't have a reception on-site ,but they're a phone call away and always very happy to help.
we were provided with cot bed for our little one that was already in the room when we arrived. Wifi is already included in the price and TV has few english channels so you wouldn't miss the news etc, the kitchen has a fridge, microwave/oven, hob , dish washer and a senseo coffee machine, hair dryer and buetooth music player are also provided and i don't remember if an iron was there too. in the bathroom you have hand washing liquid and shampoo and body gel dispensers, shower caps too :) . Overall we were really pleased with the service we received and i highly recommend it.

Room Tip: we were in apartment 5 with big windows which i liked
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in a room on the second floor. The hotel is located in Museumplein, close to several art museums and in a quiet street. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle. I felt safe despite no reception. The room is great - big, quiet, comfy beds and gets cleaned daily. Take bus 197 from airport to Museumplein. It's €5 each way. Take a right on Van Baerlestraat and then a right on Nicolaas Maestraat. It's a 5 minute walk from the stop. Trams are really close by, too. The only thing to note is A/C. Not sure the rooms have it so check if you come during summer. We didn't need it as the weather was pleasant and there was a fan. I would stay here again. It was fantastic!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed a weekend in this Apartments and had the best sleep ever!! Nice and clean Apartment on the ground floor(basement if I could Call it that way) Neat Kitchen exceptionally wonderful reception (by a caretaker) and a helpful desk. I prepared Our breakfast at Our own convenience. Very quite recidential area. Takes around 14 minutes to wald to Central Amsterdam. I will choose this hotel again - and again!!

Room Tip: I might try the other floors Next time but honestly I would not be bothered. A very quite area and n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The apartments are very well located for visiting Rejks museum, Van Gogh museum, mosern art museum and Concert Gebauw. Clean, well furnished, fresh. I had only one problem - total idiot at the reception, now the reception is not at the property, it is 10 km away. You connect to the reception by ringing the bell next to the entrance door.

Unfortunately for me the person who answered my call could not find my fully prepaid reservation. This type of things happen, but this one did not want to make an effort to investigate the issue, just kept telling me to go away because he had no record of my reservation and the property was sold out, he refused to buzz me into the lobby. Finally another guest came out and let me in, then I found inside an envelope with my name and the keys to the apartment. So it all ended well. I did call from the road few hours earlier to tell the property exactly when I am coming and confirmed the details so that must have helped to prepare an envelope for me, but when you run into a receptionist who is really indifferent to the fact that he is sending out on the street without a place to stay after you paid for it, there are not many things you can do to secure your stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I loved the location. It's on a quiet, tree-lined street. The windows are beautiful and look out upon the trees. The apartment we rented (2nd floor) had a giant tulip painting on the wall that instantly gives you the feeling that you are in Holland. The other decor and amenities were equally pleasing. It just has a good "feel" to it, and I was comfortable immediately.

It's also nice having easy access to the hotel staff which is not always so convenient when renting apartments. For instance, we asked if they could arrange a taxi for us on our departure day, and the hotel front desk staff took care of it for us.

For groceries, the closest big store is the Albert Heijn -- a 5-10 minute walk -- at the Museumplein (lower level of Stedelijk Museum).

In terms of the floorplan, the only drawback is that the bedroom area is separated from the living space by only a partial wall -- not a separate room. Oh well, I guess we can't become too comfy or we'd never return home, right?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable apartment, conveniently located. If you are coming from the airport, you may reach it by taking bus 197 which stops at Museumplein. Get off when you see the concert hall. From the bus stop it is a very short walk to the apartment. Therefore it is easy to get back to the hotel, go to Keukenhof, etc. However, as it is not near the canals, it does not feel like you are in Amsterdam. As a personal preference, being a tourist I would prefer to stay near the canals and enjoy the charms of being in Amsterdam. The room is clean, bed comfortable, no complains, really.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our first trip to Amsterdam, so I did hours of research on where to stay. So glad I did. This place is a gem. Its a bit of a walk (about 30 mins- longer with luggage!) from the station, so I would recommend getting an OV-kard (like an Oyster card). It cost €12 for 2 days unlimited travel on the trams (btw the trams stop at midnight on Sunday night. We got caught out there!). So it's good value when your legs get tired from all the exploring. The Tram stops just round the corner. But get your OV kard at the station. I couldn't find the 'vending' machines to buy them, so we had to go back to the station to get them. Not a problem as you'll be wandering all over anyway and it's a small city so easy to get your bearings.
We had the ground floor studio (I requested a non basement room after reading the neg reviews on here). It was lovely. The only niggles I had, were a full length mirror, a toaster and a double duvet would be good. The bed/pillows were so comfy, the bath was very deep, but would be hard to get into if you had mobility probs. The water pressure was fab even tho it wasn't a power shower.
Room was warm with only the window opening a couple of inches. This was fine for us as we needed the heating on but I can't imagine how hot this would be in the summer!
Intercom system with reception is easy and you can leave your luggage in the apart foyer to collect later.
Wifi was strong, free and fast. All details about the apartments are in a welcome letter in the foyer when you arrive. Easy!
There was a pic of a small garden area on the website but I think you can only access this from certain apartments.
The hotels in town looked grubby (tho maybe they're better inside), so I'm pleased we stayed here. It's slightly out the way of the main city but that makes it quieter. However it's an easy stroll to the centre (about 15 mins). Lovely!!
Highly recommend the dutch resistance museum (opposite the zoo). Very moving and very well done. €8 entry.
Ps. Don't eat at zorbas Greek restaurant in the leidseplein. It was overpriced and not good.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Nova Apartments Amsterdam? Share your experiences!