“Great apartment, idiot at the reception” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nova Apartments Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Nova Apartments Amsterdam to your Saves list
Nova Apartments Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nicolaas Maesstraat 72, 1072 RC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #37 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
russia
“Great apartment, idiot at the reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The apartments are very well located for visiting Rejks museum, Van Gogh museum, mosern art museum and Concert Gebauw. Clean, well furnished, fresh. I had only one problem - total idiot at the reception, now the reception is not at the property, it is 10 km away. You connect to the reception by ringing the bell next to the entrance door.

Unfortunately for me the person who answered my call could not find my fully prepaid reservation. This type of things happen, but this one did not want to make an effort to investigate the issue, just kept telling me to go away because he had no record of my reservation and the property was sold out, he refused to buzz me into the lobby. Finally another guest came out and let me in, then I found inside an envelope with my name and the keys to the apartment. So it all ended well. I did call from the road few hours earlier to tell the property exactly when I am coming and confirmed the details so that must have helped to prepare an envelope for me, but when you run into a receptionist who is really indifferent to the fact that he is sending out on the street without a place to stay after you paid for it, there are not many things you can do to secure your stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I loved the location. It's on a quiet, tree-lined street. The windows are beautiful and look out upon the trees. The apartment we rented (2nd floor) had a giant tulip painting on the wall that instantly gives you the feeling that you are in Holland. The other decor and amenities were equally pleasing. It just has a good "feel" to it, and I was comfortable immediately.

It's also nice having easy access to the hotel staff which is not always so convenient when renting apartments. For instance, we asked if they could arrange a taxi for us on our departure day, and the hotel front desk staff took care of it for us.

For groceries, the closest big store is the Albert Heijn -- a 5-10 minute walk -- at the Museumplein (lower level of Stedelijk Museum).

In terms of the floorplan, the only drawback is that the bedroom area is separated from the living space by only a partial wall -- not a separate room. Oh well, I guess we can't become too comfy or we'd never return home, right?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable apartment, conveniently located. If you are coming from the airport, you may reach it by taking bus 197 which stops at Museumplein. Get off when you see the concert hall. From the bus stop it is a very short walk to the apartment. Therefore it is easy to get back to the hotel, go to Keukenhof, etc. However, as it is not near the canals, it does not feel like you are in Amsterdam. As a personal preference, being a tourist I would prefer to stay near the canals and enjoy the charms of being in Amsterdam. The room is clean, bed comfortable, no complains, really.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our first trip to Amsterdam, so I did hours of research on where to stay. So glad I did. This place is a gem. Its a bit of a walk (about 30 mins- longer with luggage!) from the station, so I would recommend getting an OV-kard (like an Oyster card). It cost €12 for 2 days unlimited travel on the trams (btw the trams stop at midnight on Sunday night. We got caught out there!). So it's good value when your legs get tired from all the exploring. The Tram stops just round the corner. But get your OV kard at the station. I couldn't find the 'vending' machines to buy them, so we had to go back to the station to get them. Not a problem as you'll be wandering all over anyway and it's a small city so easy to get your bearings.
We had the ground floor studio (I requested a non basement room after reading the neg reviews on here). It was lovely. The only niggles I had, were a full length mirror, a toaster and a double duvet would be good. The bed/pillows were so comfy, the bath was very deep, but would be hard to get into if you had mobility probs. The water pressure was fab even tho it wasn't a power shower.
Room was warm with only the window opening a couple of inches. This was fine for us as we needed the heating on but I can't imagine how hot this would be in the summer!
Intercom system with reception is easy and you can leave your luggage in the apart foyer to collect later.
Wifi was strong, free and fast. All details about the apartments are in a welcome letter in the foyer when you arrive. Easy!
There was a pic of a small garden area on the website but I think you can only access this from certain apartments.
The hotels in town looked grubby (tho maybe they're better inside), so I'm pleased we stayed here. It's slightly out the way of the main city but that makes it quieter. However it's an easy stroll to the centre (about 15 mins). Lovely!!
Highly recommend the dutch resistance museum (opposite the zoo). Very moving and very well done. €8 entry.
Ps. Don't eat at zorbas Greek restaurant in the leidseplein. It was overpriced and not good.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great stay in a convenient location, so close to Concertgebouw.
Had everything we wanted, including coffee machine.
Recommend Elements restaurant beside Bibliotheke to the South for
great meals cooked by students, but need to book to be there by 7 pm.
Jerry & Alexis

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

north london, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I would agree with previous reviews on this accommodation. We stayed for three nights in February and the apartment was great - lots of space, well-equipped kitchen area and a very peaceful street. As mentioned by others it is very near to the museum area and is also very close to the the tram lines. It was comfortable, warm and clean. Hotel staff were available by phone (in the apartment) if there were any questions we had. We hadn't planned to, but decided while there to make our own breakfasts - mainly because we couldn't see anywhere in the absolute immediate area to go for breakfast - but the kitchen area was very much appreciated. Will definitely stay here again - planning to visit Amsterdam in warmer weather next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed in a Nova apartment in Amsterdam for two nights in February, 2014. The location couldn't be better for museum going- just a couple of blocks from Museumsplein and the Concertgebow. The studio apartment was comfortable: good bed, modern bath and modern fully fitted-out kitchen with fridge and dishwasher, strong Wifi, close to restaurants, bakeries, supermarket, and the fanciest shopping street in Amsterdam. Excellent transportation options, including a bus (#197) that goes to and from Schipol airport, for 5 Euro. I found two small problems with the apartment: the wall clock ticked loudly and the curtains were not room darkening enough. The apartments are connected to the Nova Hotel via telephone and that staff was responsive. I personally did not need to consult a hotel front desk on tourist matters, but for someone who needs more guidance in a foreign city, an apartment without front desk staffing may not be the right choice. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Nova Apartments Amsterdam? Share your experiences!