Overall a good experience and great for us since it was close to the RAI Convention Center where we were working an event.
On the good side:
- For us, the location - it is close to the RAI Convention Center. It took us 12 minutes to walk at a good pace from door to door with equipment.
- Very friendly and service oriented folks that were all helpful - I am vegan and they prepared a wonderful breakfast every day. They accommodated our earlier departure each morning for the RAI and basically gave us run of the kitchen as needed. They even gave us a ride to the tram when we checked out!
- Everyone was always checking to see if we had everything we needed and wanted to be sure that we were comfortable. They seemed to go out of their way to make us feel at home.
- Our room was a decent size, had a table and chairs and a balcony and fridge.
- The backyard and garden were very peaceful and beautiful. We had breakfast there one day and sat out for a bit each night.
- We are “pet parents” ourselves so we enjoyed the company of their very cute and friendly dog Suzie and their cats Mini and Maxi. We are more cat people than dog folks but little Suzie was so cute and had such a great personality.
On the not as good side but still okay:
- The reservation we made with Booking.com described our room exactly as it was with one exception - it said that we had an en-suite bathroom and toilet. We are at a point in our lives where we would rather not share a shower and toilet. One morning the shower was busy and I had to go to work at the RAI without taking one. It wasn't a huge deal but we did pay extra for the en-suite and it was disappointing that the website and our printed reservation confirmation were not accurate. We mentioned this but they seemed just as confused.
- It was not a big problem for us, but there was a lot of clutter everywhere. Every closet and drawer in our room was full of sheets and other stuff so we had to empty out a few spots to put our clothes and belongings. Again, not a big deal for us but we could see that others might not be as tolerant. You could view it as having a lot of charm and "wacky" character - as we did - and not be bothered by it :-)
- Philip was always great to be with as was all of the staff. Xaviera could sometimes come on a little strong with her marketing efforts to buy stuff like tours and such. She's just being a good business person, which is understandable and expected, but some might hope for a more toned down approach.
While we loved the pets we were a bit uncomfortable with the access to the kitchen table and counters… especially with outdoor pets and their paws on the same table we were eating on.
The shared shower and toilet was decent sized but as others have mentioned the sink was the tiniest I’ve ever seen.
Again, overall we were very pleased with our stay and the service. The only reason we would stay somewhere else next time around would be for an en-suite bathroom and toilet.
Double check the specs of your room - I believe the only room with en-suite is the chalet outside th...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.