Staying in the home of Xaviera Hollander while in Amsterdam was a delightful experience and one of my favourite parts of my visit to Amsterdam. I enjoyed Xaviera's book, The Happy Hooker, as I came of age in the 1970s. She is an inspiring human being. Staying in her home was an honour. Xaviera and I did not get to meet as she was in Spain during my time in Amsterdam. However, we did speak on the phone. I love that she lives life fully and on her own terms. People who appreciate the body of work Xaviera shared with the world will enjoy this B&B. I stayed in the Chalet. It was lovely. The staff, Adrian and Stefano, are spectacular hosts and interesting people. They made me feel at home. They were inspiring conversationalists with excellent english. This is now my preferred place to stay in Amsterdam.You may also wish to pick up some autographed copies of Xaveria's books for yourself and as gifts for friends. Enjoy!!
- Also Known As:
- Xaviera Hollander`s Happy House Hotel Amsterdam
- Xaviera Hollander`s Happy House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Bohemian villa of legendary author Xaviera Hollander, in the heart of Amsterdam, with airport pickup provided as well as personal chef on request, ideal for couples, honeymooners, gay friendly, animal friendly, and meet the author herself if she is in town! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Xaviera Hollander's Happy House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.