I read "The Happy Hooker" as a teen and was always fascinated with Xaveria Hollander and her life so when I found out that she operates a B & B in Amsterdam I knew I had to go and meet this legend.
Xaveria place looks exactly like the photographs; a cozy home in a traditional European style. A touch cluttered with a very personal touch, this B & B is like a museum of Xaviera with photographs and painting adorning the walls and masses of books and trinkets throughout the home.
I had opted to have dinner with Xaviera and her lovely husband Philip. It was one of the best meals I have had outside of a 5 star restaurant; we started with stuffed mushrooms followed by Dutch steak. The conversation was lively and colourful as we exchanged stories.
I stayed in the chalet in the back, which was amazingly cozy. The one drawback was that shower was extremely tiny. The chalet was extremely quiet and private, with a very comfortable bed and lush towels.
- Also Known As:
- Xaviera Hollander`s Happy House Hotel Amsterdam
- Xaviera Hollander`s Happy House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Bohemian villa of legendary author Xaviera Hollander, in the heart of Amsterdam, with airport pickup provided as well as personal chef on request, ideal for couples, honeymooners, gay friendly, animal friendly, and meet the author herself if she is in town! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Tingo, HostelBookers, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Xaviera Hollander's Happy House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.