“The place to stay in Amsterdam.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blaine's B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blaine's B&B
You added Blaine's B&B to your Saves list
Rijnsburgstraat 24 III, 1059 AV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #41 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Frankfurt/Main
“The place to stay in Amsterdam.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

A really nice B&B with two very kind and helpful owners. The B&B is located in a save and nice neighborhood and the CityCenter is not far by tram (to the van Gogh Museum ~ 10min) and the tram station is around the corner. The rooms were very clean, also the bathroom. We enjoyed the warm welcome and the great breakfast. Absolutely recommendable. Thank you Peter and Blain for these nice days at your B&B.
-Christiane & Marian from Frankfurt

P.S. Check out Peter & Blaines Restaurant "Seasons" in the Herenstreet ! Great !

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Netherlands, province Utrecht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

Wow! I was alone for a whole week, following art classes in the big city and I feld so "at home"! Peter en Blaine are lovely, nice guys and their breakfast is great (warm croissants/fresh fruit). What more can I say: just book for their B&B and don't forget to eat at their restaurant "Seasons". Mireille Zieleman

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I am the foibled laden curmudgeon referred to in the review written by ESB-UK.
She could not be more accurate. I have "foibles" beyond compare when it comes to staying in foreign lands (or any lands for that matter). I always expect the worst and feel certain that not a wink of sleep will be had by yours truly. However, thrilled to report that "Blaines" is the epitome of the home away from home experience. The boys who run this quaint domicile seem to be hell bent of making one's stay most enjoyable. And to cement that fact, invite one and all to dine at their cosy restaurant in the heart of town where the palate delights in wonderfully prepared cuisuine.
I had sweetbreads which my taste buds still tingle at the memory of.
Come to think of it, the experience reminds me of a Dean Martin classic....
"When a fish swims on by
At it nips at your thigh..That's a Moray"

Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

My business partner is known to be the fussiest of travelers, and I'm rather particular when it comes down to it. And I had the challenge of finding somewhere that we could stay in for a whole week! Blaine's was spot on and even my partner's 'foibles' didn't phase them one bit. Perfect hosts, lovely, friendly and light house with a great location: close to the RAI Exhibition Center, where we were at a trade show, but also perfect to get into the centre by tram in the evenings and on our one day off. If you're not sure about the B&B experience, you couldn't do better than Blaine's to prove that when it's done well, you can't choose a better away-from-home experience.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Romeoville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I stayed with my family at Blaine's B&B for 5 nights while visiting Amsterdam. Blaine and Peter were very welcoming from the beginning. We had arrived a bit early and were able to get into our rooms before check-in which was nice after a long flight. We had no clue how to rent cars or where to go while touring the city and Blaine and Peter made it very easy and clear for us. The rooms were cozy and clean. Breakfast was fresh and warm every morning. The trip went very smoothly. Also if you stay a certain number of nights you also get a free meal at their restaurant Seasons, which is very tasty! I would definitely stay here again if I decide to travel to Amsterdam again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

This is a great B&B just outside of the city centre (about 15 mins on the tram), in a quiet location, and only 5 mins walk from the #2 tram that comes straight from Centraal. Blaine and Peter are the perfect hosts, check in was a breeze after I sent an email detailing what time I would arrive. Breakfast each morning is prepared fresh, with hot breads and butter, jam or fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereals. They gave some good tips on where to get a bike for rent, what to see and where to go to catch the tram, etc.

I booked the Aubergine room, so it had a share bathroom/toilet on the 1st level. The room was comfortable, had a nice window that let the fresh air in and dark curtains to keep out the early morning sun. There is a sundeck on the top level which I didnt use but is available for all guests. Some of the rooms have their own balcony and sink in the room. The price per night for Amsterdam was very reasonable and for my 3 nights I had a very relaxing and restful time and a great sleep.

I will definitely stay here again if I come to Amsterdam, and will recommend this B&B as one to stay in if you are coming to Amsterdam. If you book for 3 nights or more you even get a meal included at "Seasons" which is the restaurant these guys run in the city.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

My wife and I had traveled into Dusseldorf, Germany with plans to stay in Amsterdam for most of our trip. We were traveling on a whim, so we didn't have accommodations. We prefer to stat at B&Bs because of their uniqueness (and added features that most hotels don't have) and were really interested in staying at one in Amsterdam, particularly as Amsterdam B&Bs were very competitively priced compared to hotels.

I emailed several B&B owners at the last minute for accommodations to meet our schedule (five nights), and Blaine not only responded quickly, but confirmed availability and even provided a better deal than advertised! We arrived in Amsterdam and headed to the B&B by tram/trolley; on our way, we realized that it was a little far from the city center (i.e. Amsterdam Centraal) than we anticipated, but ended up still being manageable, (about twenty to twenty-five minutes from the city center by bike).

We found the B&B and were escorted to our room (the loft) by Blaine. I was quite impressed. We had a living area with a dining table, television, nice view, futon and our own individual access to the rooftop deck, very nice for those infrequent sunny days in Amsterdam; we also had a loft/sleeping area, which had a nice large comfortable bed and was very cozy. In addition to having our own bathroom (not in our room itself, but only two feet outside our door), Blaine and Peter offered us unlimited access to a refrigerator that they had on the top floor to store any food we brought that needed to be refrigerated (which we, of course, took full advantage of).

Blaine and Peter gave us some good advice about getting around town, places to eat, etc. They were very pleasant and although the morning breakfasts (croissants,juice, coffee, bread, etc.) were tasty, it would have been really nice to have a more hearty breakfast to start the day, particularly with all the walking and biking we were doing. The living/common area where we ate breakfast was decorated with an eclectic mix of furniture, but was very comfy and also very "homey."

I would very much recommend the B&B as it is extremely comfortable and has wonderful hosts (a bit on the talkative side, but very pleasant and friendly). It is a bit of a commute to the city center, considering how Amsterdam is set up, but if you are active (which my wife and I are), it is easily "bike-able." If you don't mid taking the trolley/tram (clean and quick but I still don't understand how their fare system works), it is probably a ten to fifteen minute trip.

With our extended stay, we also received a good deal on our meal at Seasons (Blaine and Peter's restaurant) and the food was excellent. I had white asparagus soup, lamb salad and duck, with a dark chocolate mousse - fantastic!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Blaine's B&B? Share your experiences!