Ok firstly, I never write reviews but people should know about this hotel. It's disgraceful.
- 3 slugs I had to remove from the walls (Yes slugs, those slimey things that belong outside in the garden)
- 1 massive spider I had to remove from the outside facing door (it was huge)
- there were around 20 woodlice crawling around the floor/skirting boards and behind bed
- the wood skirting on the floor was moulded and falling apart/off
- the room smelt of damp and was cold. I would sweat at night through the damp and it caused me a cough
- the air conditioning could not be used to heat the room because it smelt awful when switched on
- the whole floor we stayed on smelt like damp and was cold
- our towels had many holes in them
- the wood around the bottom of the floor was in terrible condition. mouldy and flakey pain
there was a dirty tissue left on the desk when we arrived
- there were many black flakes of dirt underneath the bed sheets on the mattress
- the mattress was brown stained badly
- the bin in the bathroom was rusty and flaking off
- the view out of the window was of a complement dingy dumping ground. falling apart wooden children's apparatus and overgrown weeds.
- the walls were falling apart and badly repaired
- the room was dark and depressing with one single gloomy ceiling light
- the facilities and furniture were shockingly old
- the free wi-fi would cut out and not work
- when I complained that I had spent nearly two-hundred euros on this room the reply i got was 'We're still the cheapest in the area'
- the staff would not help us or move us to another room
- the manager would not reply to my email / complaint
Please see the photo evidence that i have attached and make up your own mind.
My advice to you. Spend a bit more and get a clean hotel. This is a shocking hotel. So dirty and battered.
I'm still shocked a week after leaving.
Pay the extra and stay somewhere else in Amsterdam.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.