“Average , small hotel in great location” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Leidse Square Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
BEST WESTERN Leidse Square Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tesselschadestraat 23, 1054 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #137 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Lisle, Illinois
“Average , small hotel in great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I booked two rooms at the Leidse Square. The location was great. We walked everywhere. The rooms we had were extremely small. I understand rooms in Europe are small, however, I've been to a number of places in Europe and these were the smallest rooms we've had anywhere. You could barely walk around the bed to the bathroom. Also, the closet couldn't fully open because it was blocked by the bed. Also, when we arrived, they input the wrong rates for us. They were higher than what I confirmed on line. That was an extra hassle that we had to work through on check in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

876 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Kolhapur, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had booked a 2 nights stay at best western and had chosen it because of the location. the hotel is situated walkin dist from the square. The room we got was a corner room so it was shaped awkwardly. The bathroom was clean but quite old and could do with some renovation. Decent place overall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I traveled to Amsterdam in August of 2010. I ended up paying $341.14 with tax and everything for two nights at the hotel. I was given a room in basement to which I complained about because I thought I didn't want to be in the basement. Turns out my basement room was larger than the room I was given on the 2nd floor. Also, the basement room was more easily accessible than the room on the 2nd floor. Even though their was an elevator on the second floor I still had to walk up some stairs to get to my room. A little inconvenient with all the luggage I had. My other complaint was that for what I paid breakfast was not included. Lastly, service was ok. Most of the receptionist were cool. But I remember one lady in particular gave me major attitude. Overall, I probably would not stay there again but only because when I travel back to Amsterdam I want to stay in a different part of town. Other than that I would definitely stay again. I waited until I got to Amsterdam to find a hotel. I doing so I visited a couple other places. Hostels and Hotels. For the price and convenience this place was a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We'd stay at the Leidse Square Hotel again in a heartbeat! The location was fantastic - close to everything. We're not exactly young and walked from here to the Palace and everywhere inbetween. Could have taken public transportation but prefered to walk. This was our first visit to Amsterdam and we didn't visit a lot of tourist sites prefering to discover the city. However we will return and we definitely will stay at this hotel again. The room was clean. The breakfast was good considereing it wasn't a restaurant, and it was plentiful. The two barmen we met were great company. Very informative and humourous. Desk staff were professional - all but one lady who was a bit phony and insincere. Coffee/tea/milk were not replaced each day but desk staff happy to give us lots more when asked. Room was small but we only slept in it! The bed was very very comfortable. Noise at night outside was a bit of a pain but we had the window open and people were on holidays and out having fun. Could be us next time! No complaints about this hotel. It was very nearly perfect and ideal for what we wanted and needed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Located down a side residential street, this hotel is perfect if you want to be in a quieter area, yet steps away from getting to all the popular spots either by foot or using public transportation. The hotel itself is fine, European rooms are small and as long as you accept this before you check in you should not be disappointed. We stayed on the top floor and appreciated the view, however if you are not one to use the stairs, the elevator can delay your movements as there is only one in this old historic building. Having said that I wouldn't let that put you off staying here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had a brilliant time. There was 14 of us and the hotel was great for what we wanted. Very friendly at reception and especially in the 'cosy' hotel bar. Think his name was Ziya, so helpful and very funny. The rooms were better than expected and had a great nights sleep. Located in a very quiet area but only 3 minutes from Leidesplein and the park. Heineken Experience is also within walking distance. Only disappointment was the breakfast, very basic. We only ate there one morning. Would recommend eating in the centre or the park. If we decided to go back to Amsterdam would defintely stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

The location of this hotel is simply excellent. 3 minutes walking from Leidse Plein
5 minutes to the museumplein. Rooms are clean and basic, but the beds are excellent. I paid 78 euro, which is a fine deal for Amsterdam city center!
Don't go there by car is you pay over €60 per day in the garage or €36 on the street. Park at the Olympic stadium for €9 for 24 hours and that includes a bike for 2 or tramtickets for up to 5 people.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to BEST WESTERN Leidse Square Hotel? Share your experiences!