“Highlight of our Europe trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mike's Bike Tours & Rentals

Mike's Bike Tours & Rentals
Kerkstraat 134, 1017 GP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)
+31 20 622 7970
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$26*
and up
Ranked #20 of 289 Activities in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Mike’s Bike Tours Amsterdam has been offering sightseeing bike tours and bike rentals in Amsterdam since 1997. We are open year round and have many different bike tours to choose from. Check out our countryside bike tour, city sightseeing bike tour. mini city bike tour and our newest sightseeing tour; the Harbor bike tour; “Locks, docks, ferries and dykes". If you do a bike tour you get a voucher for 2 € off on a bike rental. All our bikes are from Electra bike and we have Townies and Beach Cruisers available in many different colors.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
4 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our Europe trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Did the clog and cheese farm bike tour and it was such a good day out. Our guide (can't remember his name but he had dreadlocks and wore awesome nike clogs!) was so funny and really made the day amazing. A must if you are in Amsterdam and want to do something a bit different

Sao Paulo, SP
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I definitely recomend the city tour! It was great for a first city overview. Our guide provide us with nice information in a very funny and relaxing way. A great experience in Amsterdan.

Visited May 2013
Brunssum, The Netherlands
“Amazing Country Tour of Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was in the Netherlands doing a nine week internship and on my last weekend in the country my fellow interns and myself decided to go to Amsterdam. We signed up for Mike's Bike country tour that went a little ways outside the city to a quaint little farm where we got to see how cheese and wooden shoes were made. The farm was fun but what stood out the most about this bike tour was the fantastic tour guide. Our tour guide was Carl and I HIGHLY recommend him as a guide. He was friendly, outgoing and hilarious. He had our group laughing the whole time and was always making jokes. On the way to the farm he stopped off at a great local restaurant called FEBOs where we grabbed some milkshakes and fries. He knew everyone at the restaurant and was even able to talk them into letting me mix milkshake flavors, banana and chocolate was a great combination! After the farm tour Carl took us the back way to see even more lovely Netherlands country side. When we arrived back I felt I had a must better idea and feel of Amsterdam. I highly recommend Mike's Bike Tour and request Carl he is a fantastic bike guide who will keep a smile on your face the whole day :)

Visited May 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
“Fun day on a bike!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We did the city tour and enjoyed it. It's a nice way to get a general overview of the city and get a sense of where things are. It's definitely not for the faint of heart though!! You are constantly looking out for bikes, cars, trams, pedestrians, and at the same time take in the sights. Our guide was fun and informative, but I would have liked less of the coffee house information and more historical and general info. Towards the end of the tour we stopped in a bar and had a drink and conversation.

The bikes were comfortable and easy to use. We took a tram from Central Station to within a few blocks of the bike shop.

Overall, we had a great time. I would recommend it with the idea that you're having fun seeing the city and learning about the city in a very general sense. It's not like a walking tour that gives you tons of info, but you could never cover the amount of territory that we did on the bike. It helped us to know where we wanted to go the next day.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Be aware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I booked a tour via this company's website and payed the amount for the tour in full by PayPal.
On arrival for the tour, I was told that they have not received any PayPal payment and I will have to pay the full amount in cash. After handing over the cash I was informed that I cannot be given a cash receipt. On my return home I double checked my PayPal account and saw that the transaction for Mike's Bike tours were completed 5 days before the tour date. I find it very irritating and time consuming to have to request a refund.
The tour guide was very good.
I was in Amsterdam on a very busy day, so did not enjoy the tour - not the fault of Mike's bikes. The city was so busy that one had to concentrate very hard on the cycling safely and therefor missed a lot. A country tour might be a much better option.
I also did a self guided tour through the bulb fields, starting from Keukenhof - bikes to rent outside the main gate. That was excellent and I would love to do that again.

Visited April 2013
LizardBlizz, Manager at Mike's Bike Tours & Rentals, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are very sorry about the confusion with your payment through PayPal and all the inconvenience this has caused you. I believe that I have been in contact with you through the email yesterday and that you have been refunded the double paid bike tour. We apologies for not getting back to you earlier, but we were closed with Queensday and no one was in the office to respond to emails. If you have not been in contact with us yet, please send us an email and I'll make sure that we issue a refund to you through PayPal.