“Wonderful Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boutique B&B Kamer01

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Boutique B&B Kamer01
You added Boutique B&B Kamer01 to your Saves list
Singel 416, 1016 AK, 1016 AK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #2 of 323 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
New Milford, CT
“Wonderful Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

What a wonderful retreat! Peter and Walter were the perfect hosts. The breakfast was fantastic and the red room so beautiful and relaxing! The B & B was very centrally located and within walking distance to everything. Just around the corner from the museums and the floating flower market. It was the perfect oasis. Don't delay... only two rooms available.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — some noise outside at night
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

This B&B tucked in one of the prettiest areas of Amsterdam (Nine Streets) is an absolute delight. It has been tastefully refurbished to accomodate today's discerning traveler. The two individually designed rooms are very special. We stayed in the Red Room which was stunning. The bathroom is very relaxing and with the rain water shower that is big enough for two you really get to relax after wondering around the city. The sink is very cool, made of glass! All the details have been considered and with such a dramatic room the breakfast had to match. Peter and his partner Wolter are fantastic hosts, very private if you want to be, and very sociable if you fancy a chat. The food they served each morning was beautifully presented and offered a wonderful range of continental cheese, meet and dried fruit but there are other things to choose to suit your fancy. Their little dog tommy was adorable and well behaved, always happy and very quiet.
I loved this place for its simply ability toprovide luxury to the detail but not feel ostentatious. It is within walking distance of everything, central station probably about 15/20 mins walk so best get taxi if you have large bags. Flower market is 5 mins walk. Highly recommended!

• Liked — The hosts and the over all detail of the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

We searched more than 100 options in Amsterdam, i guess, but we fell in love with Kamer01 as soon as we saw their website and decided to book it right away (only 2 rooms so don't miss it)!
Peter and Walter were absolutely amazing from the first minute we arrived, welcoming us with champagne and great conversation...
The room was so unbelievable that we almost wanted to stay there the whole time.. every detail: the natural flowers, the wallpaper magazine collection, the water bottles packed so delicately.... and best of: Kraftwerk dvd on their library! couldn't be anywhere else!
They are a tasteful and stylish couple. So, if you're looking for some place exclusive, stylish and with excellent location, go for it.
Definitely will return!
ps: breakfast amazing and ask for restaurant suggestions! they know the best places in town!

Stayed February 2007
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

I visited Amsterdam for just over 5 weeks at the end of August, and booked my first weeks accommodation at the delightful Kamer01. Until my stay there, I have never really been a fan of bed & breakfasts. I had sometimes found B&B’s to be places with obnoxious hosts and little privacy. Instead, where possible, I would normally book a 5 star hotel and pay thousands of dollars for impersonal service and a sometimes cramped room. Well Kamer01 changed my views on B&B’s. From thinking that I would stay there for one week and then change to a hotel once I had found my footing in Amsterdam, I extended my booking and stayed at Kamer01 for 5 weeks.

Everything about this place oozes charm, class and sophistication from the moment you walk through the front door (but still screams out that you are home). Your host’s Peter and Wolter leave no stone unturned to ensure that your stay is pleasurable and memorable. Tommy, their beautiful beagle does his part too!

In Amsterdam it can be difficult to find a room that is bigger then a 10 cent coin, but at Kamer01 my room was huge (I stayed in the red room). The room and furnishings were simply stunning with no expense spared. Your own private bathroom offers a huge rain shower, delightful toiletries, an amazing wash basin and separate toilet. The room is equipped with an iMac with iTunes library and also offers WiFi access if you are traveling with your own laptop. The room also features an LCD TV and DVD Player. Beautiful fresh flowers grace the room and your private bathroom. Thoughtful finishing touches include bottled water and a huge bowl of mints.

Downstairs in the kitchen you are served a sumptuous breakfast each morning, complete with freshly squeezed juice and delicious coffee, warm rolls and croissants, a fine selection of meats, cheese, jams and spreads. In the evenings drinks and nibbles are served in the kitchen if so desired and I constantly enjoyed these before heading out to dinner each night. As if all of this is not enough, you are free to help yourself to a selection of drinks and nibbles at any time from the kitchen.

Your hosts Peter and Wolter are always available to assist you with all your enquiries, from recommending a good restaurant for lunch or dinner, through to booking tours or shows and onwards travel. Nothing is too much trouble here! In my case my 5 week visit was the first step to making my new home in Amsterdam. At the end of my stay I returned to Australia for 1 month and now I live in this beautiful city Amsterdam. I often walk past Kamer01, and my only regret about now living in Amsterdam is that I can no longer stay in this most precious gem. I mean how many of us could be lucky enough to live in a gorgeous B&B forever? I really wish that I could!

I do not normally do recommendations or reviews, but this place is just too good to keep to myself. When you get the chance to stay at Kamer01, GRAB IT! You will be glad you did.

• Liked — Absolutely everything!!
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing!!
  • Tips/Secrets — You just have to stay at Kamer01
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2006

Myself and Jacqui stayed at Kamer01 (A wonderful boutique guesthouse), for 4 nights. I have visited Amsterdam a few times and staying there made it the most memorable trip yet.

Jacqui and I were made to feel so welcome by Peter, Walter and Tommy their dog.

The "Red Room" was so luxurious and beautifully decorated. Ideal for couples and honeymooners with a sumptuous king-sized bed and best quality linen. The bathroom is a treat, I could have stayed in the shower forever. You can't help but feel totally relaxed after your first night. The bathroom sink is quite unique, undoubtedly one of Peter's many marvellous designs.

Breakfast is fantastic which sets you up for the day together with their divine coffee.

It's ideally situated for visiting the Rijksmuseum, Van Gough Museum and surrounded by great Cafe's, bars, and coffee shops. It's only a short walk to; Vondelpark, Flower Market, Dam Square and the City Centre.

I would recommend it to all my friends, it's worth booking well in advance to make sure you reserve a room. We loved the red room but we are both looking forward to staying in the blue room on our next visit, hopefully in the summer.

We will plan our next trip to Amsterdam only when we know we are able to stay there, nowhere else compares!

Very Highly Recommended
John and Jacqui (London)

• Liked — The Red Room Bedroom
  • Tips/Secrets — Book in advance to secure a room
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

If you're looking to experience the beauty of Amsterdam without the often cold, cookie-cutter setting that a hotel typically provides, look no further than Kamer 01. Set in the true heart of Amsterdam, this B&B is convenient to all major tourist areas, chiefly the museums, which are a short stroll away. And because Amsterdam is such a small city, the rest of the wonderful locales are easily accessible by tram, canal boat, bicycle (if you dare!), or just plain walking. We are from New York City, so "hoofing it" all about town came natural to us, but even the most sedentary sort will find the area easy to traverse on foot.
And after a long day of walking, you will return to an immaculately decorated and maintained room, an inviting and comfortable bed, and the welcoming melodies emanating from iTunes on the internet connected iMac (wireless available for use as well). Each morning, Peter and/or Wolter and of course the lovable beagle Tommy will greet you with a breakfast so beautifully presented, you almost feel bad messing it up by eating it. But eat it you will as it is quite delicious. They will do anything and everything they can to accommodate -- be it through recommending and reserving a place at Amsterdam's finest restaurants, or simply making note of something seemingly said in passing and translating that into a richer experience. Peter noticed my taste in fruits can be very picky, but through conversation found that mangos, in particular, escaped the scrutiny of my finicky palate. Before we left the next day he provided us a wonderful mango drink for breakfast that was truly divine. It's this sort of attention to detail that you will find enmeshed in everything about their establishment -- from the spectacularly designed sink (Red Room), the perfectly sealed, noise-reducing windows, and the meticulous decor. Because of their wonderful hospitality and graciousness, Kamer 01 was a big part of the fabulous memories we will cherish of our holiday in Amsterdam. If you're smart enough to follow in our path, you are sure to enjoy yourselves as much as we most certainly did.

• Liked — The unique style, the warm accommodations, beautiful decor, friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — Not Applicable
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
ULM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2006

We booked the blue room for our 14 years old daughter Natascha and her girlfriend Svenja.
Sue and I took the red room, and we were impressed of the lovely atmosphere. Not that we’ve seen the internet pictures, but the selected interiors and the extraordinary design made us fall in love with our room, the kamer 01, Peter, Wolter and Tommy (I think we are going to copy pieces of the interior!!!).
I do some business trips a year to Amsterdam and I have to say, they serve the best breakfast in town, including all worth knowing about sightseeing and activities of their city.
During our 9-days stay, Sue and I used the kitchen also to do some cooking in the evening, and one day, we invited Peter and Wolter for dinner in their own Bed & Breakfast.
While our children using the internet and the media offer of their room, we found some time to walk the romantic parts of Amsterdam and made us an unforgettable stay.
See you on my next business trip in February -

Roland

Stayed August 2006

Been to Boutique B&B Kamer01? Share your experiences!