“More than 5 star - hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boutique B&B Kamer01

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Boutique B&B Kamer01
You added Boutique B&B Kamer01 to your Saves list
Singel 416, 1016 AK, 1016 AK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Price
Warm Winter Special!
Ranked #3 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Bremen, Germany
“More than 5 star - hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

If you want to go really loco in Amsterdam, go and stay with Peter and Wolter. Best location, super view from room and breakfast table, sweet hosts and excellent breakfast. I wondered whether I should recommend it - danger is that too many of you go and next time I want to visit everything is booked... However, we enjoyed ourselves, and even cold weather did not matter -you could just sit, enjoy breakfast, and go out to explore the city just a little later. Rooms are also of a very high standard, and tastefully decorated. What was the name of those wonderful bright red flowers??

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Utrecht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

This january, I went to the new Bed and Breakfest kamer01 on the singel in Amsterdam. I knew the previous bed and breakfest from an earlier visit, and I then thought it was great. When I searched for their website, I found that they opened a new bed and breakfest on the singel. I wanted to see myself if this could be even better than the previous one. Nothing was more true.

We arrived at about 4 PM, welcomed by Peter and Wolter with delicious snacks and some great drinks. We asked them where we could eat this evening, and they had a various offer of different great restaurants. We picked an Italian restaurant, which was absolutely fine.
We told them we wanted to see a movie in a cinema that night, and they told us about different movies and cinemas. We picked a film and a cinema en they made a reservation for us.
Before we went to dinner, we went to our room. This room was very clean. In the room it smelled fresh, though it was comfortably heaten. At the background played beautiful piano music so me and my girlfriend felt comfortably really quick. Everything was very clean and beautiful. There was also a great panorama from our chamber. We slept in the blue chamber with the round bed. At first, I thought maybe that would be a litte uncomfortable, but it absoluty wasn't. It was even better than a square bed. My girlfriend also slept very good.
The next morning we woke up with a delicious breakfest. I asked the gentlemen to not give us a big breakfest, because my girlfriend wouldn't want a big breakfest anyway. They honoured our request by giving us some fruit at first, which was also very beautiful to see and delicious to eat. Then there were several warm croissants and some bread, different kinds of cheeses and meat, and different kinds of jam. I asked for an egg, which was no problem. I got some fresh juice also, which was very great.

The stay was great. It was absoluty clean, the location was very easy to find, in the middle of Amsterdam and very beautiful. The rooms were taken good care of, the service was awesome. I believe there is no better one than this in Amsterdam.

This is abolutely a must to be if you are in Amsterdam!!

Greetings,

Bart

PS. sorry for the bad english..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed for 4 days at Kamer 01 in July 2008. We found the property better than advertised. Staying there is one of the best memories of our European vacation.
The Red Room was great, quite, clean with amenities better than any of the 4 star hotels that we stayed at while in Europe.
The breakfasts that were cooked to order by Walter complete with cappuccino, fresh fruit were delicious. Being able to go to the fridge at any time and grab a drink was nice, it's more like home and you don't get hit with a $4.00 charge for a bottle of water or a can of pop or beer. Music and DVD's in the room were great for those times when you just want to put your feet up.
Walter and Peter were great and very helpful with suggesting good places to eat and providing recommendations for places to visit and sites to see. Do yourself a favor, avoid another stay at yet another hotel, instead enjoy your stay at Kamer 01. It may cost a little more than the other B&B's in the area but there is a good reason why and it's worth every penny.

Mark and Cheryl from Woodstock, Ontario, Canada.

• Liked — Great rooms, service and value.
  • Disliked — stairs are steep
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

this was our third visit to kamer01 and every time we arrive there, it is ever so welcoming! peter and/or wolter will be waiting for us with their beloved tommie.

on our first visit to kamer01 in 2006, it was love at first sight! it's location, the place, from its entry/dining-lounge area to its room. as our personal preference, we always stay in the red room. it is total heaven in amsterdam! the color. the bathroom. the works! every detail in the room is so immaculate!!!

peter, wolter and tommie are super hosts! next to providing such a gorgeous and comfortable accommodation, they also guide us to interesting places and never fail to point out wonderful dining options. every day at kamer01, we begin with the most beautifully cut out fruit plate for breakfast. really, it's a work of art! the breakfast spread, scrumptious!

in general, just the place we want to be at, every time we are in amsterdam! so, if you are planning to visit amsterdam, don't think twice. you will definitely fall in love again! i mean, with the place.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

My fiance and I went to Amsterdam and had the pleasure of staying at Kamer01 for nine days. We stayed in the blue room, and it was honestly the best place we've ever stayed in our lives. The room was impeccable, everything from the circular bed to the flat screen TV! The Blue room also has a terrace, which was fantastic for us smokers. Breakfast every morning was delicious, and Peter, Wolter and Tommie (the cutest and sleepiest dog you'll ever meet) really made us feel at home.Whether it was to talk about the history of Amsterdam, or help us book a massage, Peter and Wolter were fantastic and really made us feel like part of a family and not just customers. The location is superb, everything about Kamer01 was above expectations, totally fabulous, and out of this world. I don't want to go back just to visit, I want to move in!!!

• Liked — The combined sense of utter privacy when you wanted it, and someone to chat with for hours when you needed it!
  • Disliked — I loved everything.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

We spent a week in Amsterdam. Both Peter and Wolter were very welcoming hosts and gave us their opinion about different restaurants, museums, events and sight-seeing places in Amsterdam. Their input was very valuable.
Breakfast was a treat every morning and a well-balanced diet too.
The blue room offered very clean comfort with style. The little terrace added to the charm of it (when it did not rain...).
The kitchen is the main living room and a meeting place where we could have a drink and a snack at any time.
We were made feel very welcome and part of the home.
A top address in a beautiful and central location.

• Liked — the stylish design
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

This place was outstanding. We had looked at many places prior to booking this B&B, and our hard work paid off! Kamer 01 is in an excellent location, we walked everywhere. We walked to the museums, we walked to restaurants, we walked to those certain "red" areas of town and we walked for the sheer enjoyment of experiencing a new city. Peter and Walter are excellent hosts, and Thomas, when not sleeping or barking at the mailman, is an excellent leg warmer. We booked with friends of ours, so we were happy to say we "had booked the whole place." We had the red room, and it was just lovely. The bathroom has a spacious, inviting rain shower. Just be careful with the counters by the sink! The art of the sink is super-cool, but I dropped my glasses down the sink many times. The bed is wonderfully comfortable. There is construction nearby, but I felt that the construction did NOT impair any aspect of our stay. Amsterdam as a whole is undergoing construction, and I think Kamer 01 is an establishment which has gone over and beyond in trying to minimize any effect this necessary construction has on its guests stay. Breakfasts were a welcome part of our day, with eggs to order and cheeses and fresh fruits daily. The fridge is stocked for nighttime raids, and Thomas keeps your nighttime cravings in strict confidence. We have travelled to quite a few places in this small world, and our days of "youth hostels" are long gone. From a couple who understand both methods of travel, we appreciate Kamer 01 for the finer methods of travel and lodging. We recommend Peter and Walter to all fellow travelers, and wish you well in your journeys. Cheers!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — i miss it too much
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Boutique B&B Kamer01? Share your experiences!