When we booked Kamer01 we loved all the ecstatic reviews but took them with a pinch of salt , tho' believing it would still be a great break. We now realise that Kamer01 deserves the all amazing write-ups it gets. So here's another one!!
What makes Kamer01 so special are the hosts Peter, Wolter and of course Tommy. From the minute you arrive they concentrate on ensuring your stay is uniquely special to you. From booking restaurants suited to you, advising on what to see and do, to, with their intimate knowledge of the history of Amsterdam, bringing the city's history to life in a personal way you can't get from a guide book.
We stayed in the Red Room, beautifully stylish but with the warm cosy feel of old Amsterdam to it in the rich furnishings.
The breakfast was delicious, beautifully presented and locally sourced. I have taken home a lot of cheeses to try as a result!
In conclusion when asked by our hosts what we had enjoyed most from our trip we truthfully replied that one of the highlights of our trip was sitting in the evening light by the large window in the breakfast room with a glass of wine, a book, watching Amsterdam life pass by over the canal. Perfect!
So thank you again Peter, Wolter and Tommy for making our first trip to Amsterdam so special. We'll be back!
- Also Known As:
- Boutique b&b Kamer01 Hotel Amsterdam
- Boutique Bed And Breakfast Kamer01
- Boutique b&b Kamer01 Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Amsterdam you will find Kamer 01, a extraordinary bed and breakfast designed with a philosophy of style and personal service. In a beautiful heritage building you will come to appreciate the typical "feel" and view of Amsterdam. ... more less