“A real gem in the heart of the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam

You added Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prins Hendrikkade 108, 1011 AK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Ranked #43 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
UK
“A real gem in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Just 5 minutes walk from Amsterdam Central Station this converted former shipping company HQ oozes charm and hospitality. From the staff at Reception to the Wellness Centre girl everybody is friendly and very professional. The decor is particularly interesting and reminds me of a luxury 1930's liner.....The pool and sauna are exceptionally good and my room was big and very well appointed, a separate shower cubicle is the mark of a good hotel !
This is now my new favourite hotel in Amsterdam. I have to say that I did not try the restaurant as there are so many good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I was on the top fourth floor and there simply was not any noise from the surrounding streets.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at The Grand Amrath last week (so wc 06/01/2014) and we had a great stay.

The hotel is located about a 3 minute walk from the train station so is really accessible. It's so well located that we didn't need to use public transport once!

When we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by the reception staff who asked about our journey and offered us a room upgrade which was amazing!

Our room was fantastic, with high vaulted ceilings, a huge comfy bed and a big TV that has BBC1 and 2. The free mini bar is great and meant we could have a drink whilst getting ready to head out for the evening. The bathroom was lovely and clean too, and the bath was huge!

The spa area is great. The gym was a little basic but that's a very minor thing. The pool, steam room etc were all fab too.

The staff were really friendly and when they found out we were visiting for my birthday they had a cake and card delivered to our room which I really appreciated.

Overall, I couldn't really fault this hotel, it offers fantastic value for money and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

We would definitely return to it!

Dan Jones

Room Tip: Go for a canal view room if you can and definitely worth upgrading to deluxe if your budget allows.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The first thing I saw when I entered the hotel was two young and beautiful people at the reception desk. They were man and woman. They both were very friendly and kind to me. I remember the name of the young man was Mahmud. Despite his young age I could feel professionalism of the work he does, being there for the client at any time, trying to help, to answer the questions. I felt like I am at home. I am happy for the hotel to have such a crew. Apart from that I could see a good attitude of someone who really like and appreciate the job he has. I am happy to discover people like this. I feel like it was a good step to star with living in the hotel.
Room service is well done.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely beautiful from the outside and inside! Me and my boyfriend stayed in the superior deluxe room and it was perfect! It was spacious, clean and a fantastic view from outside. Not only that you can use the spa facilities which was just fantastic after a long day. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be coming back again this year! Thank you :)

• Stayed December 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

After three weeks of travelling around Europe on a family vacation staying in a mix of average hotels and with family, when we arrived at the Amrath it was like it was heaven sent. We had a large room on the top floor with great views over the city. Big king size bed, great big large tub (which got a lot of use) and great wellness centre as well. And of course the complimentary mini bar - now if that's not five star I don't what is! The staff are super friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a great location and with free wifi. We only had 3 nights here but when we return we will definitely looking up the Amrath again - highly recommended!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This place was very comfortable and really something different as well. Swimming pool and sauna were nice too - so don't forget your costume! There was a mix up regarding whether our breakfast was included (I couldn't remember, and was told at check in that it was), but staff were very accommodating with this. There is a big choice with the breakfast buffet and would suit people who like to eat a lot in the morning. It's convinient to the train station and close to interesting places to explore. Would love to be able to return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Pluses
1.Good location
2.Interesting hotel. Building has lots of history, and it isn't at all cookie cutter.
3.Comfortable beds
4.Free mini bar.
Minuses
1.Some of the staff were very friendly, but some were totally rude and incompetent.
2. Apparently we were upgraded to a larger room, but it was still very small(even by European standards).
3.Parts of the room were very worn and in need of an upgrade.
4. Would look elsewhere next time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam? Share your experiences!