“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rooms & Co B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rooms & Co B&B
You added Rooms & Co B&B to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Hemonystraat 1a, 1074BK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (De Pijp)   |
Ranked #277 of 322 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Lisboa, Portugal
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Not bad...good for the price and the staff is very helpful. There's no WiFi in room 9. The breakfast is OK. I recommend this place if you are looking for a cheap place to stay close to the center and you are not very demanding. Great for youngsters!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Close to the tram and Rambrandt plein, nice area, a big choice of cheap restaurants. Albert s market very close, great.
Prefer a day or several days gvb public transport card because there is plenty to do and it s splitted in different areas.

Room Tip: Stairs are narrow so ask for first flour if problems to climb Quieter on the patio side then street...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Geneve, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place is scary! no staff, very dirty, no heating, window not isolated, cobwebs on the ceiling, hair on the carpet, shower curtain torn, doors slammed all night, very expensive for a very low quality!
Never go to this place. I got sick after a 3 night stay ... help!!

Room Tip: Don't go there, that's my only advice!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We arrived late due to a flight delay (9PM) and had to wait a while for anyone to answer the door to the hotel. The lady in charge wasn't even there.. she came walkingdown the block asking how long we had been waiting. Be prepared for a TON of tiny steps.. the staircase is ridiculous. The price was fairly cheap I suppose. The bathroom was actually impressive, which is important for me!! The breakfast is nothing special but was filling if you ate enough... salami, cheese, bread, toast, cereal, fruit, juice, etc. If you need to go cheap, this should be on your list. But don't expect anything great.

Room Tip: Don't get room 8 or 9. There are so many stairs to get up there!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived at 2pm to be ignored by the woman in reception. We climbed 4 flights of death trap stairs, to a dirty smelly room.

Pillows and sheets looked mouldy. The window didn't close properly and let water into the room. Heating didn't work so we were cold.

I couldn't bear to eat breakfast somewhere so dirty. We used the room least amount of time possible.

Do not book.

• Stayed September 2013
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked a twin room at Rooms & Co on Hemonystraat for 3 nights (Euros 110 per night) and advised that we would be arriving at approx 10:00pm. We arrived and there was nobody to greet us, although a resident let us into the foyer. We spent a half hour calling the mobile numbers that we had been given until I finally found another mobile number on the front door (using my iPhone as a flashlight!) and somebody arrived to show us to our room... I understand that this is Amsterdam but the stairs were like a ladder! We were literally pulling and pushing our luggage up the stairs.

Thank God, we did not pay that night for the 3 nights upfront. When the door of our room opened, the first thing we noticed was:
-- The smell - very musty and hint of sewerage!
-- No light fitting on the ceiling, bare wires - ceiling discoloured
-- Filthy bathroom (filth running down the metal cover over the toilet roll; obvious dirt all around the bathroom)
-- The door handle of the bathroom kept falling off
-- The TV remote didn't work
-- The window was very large but when opened there is no safety rail and it is very low, so somebody could easily fall out of the window
-- The single bed was at an angle and I kept rolling down - really awful
-- Breakfast was very ordinary - stale croissants and plastic cheese.
-- The WiFi hotspot on the landing 2 feet away did not work in the room - had to stand next to it!

I think my friend & I were in shock and as it was late we had no other option but to stay the night. Next morning, I logged onto lastminute.com and booked a hotel on Herengracht Canal within 5 minutes. Our new hotel was a proper 3 star for the same price! I have no problem with a simple & clean 3 star but I absolutely have a problem with filth.
DO NOT STAY HERE... EVER!
An absolute disgrace - I have no idea how they managed to get 3 stars on their plaque outside the building!!!

Room Tip: Best advice... do not stay here... book another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here as it was one of the few places we could get reasonable for 3 people. We had a room on the top floor. The stairs were so steep that I couldn't even lift my bag up, my poor husband had to make two trips to get there.
The room was not ready when we got there but were able to leave our things in the room and come back later. The bed was very comfy and clean the one savings grace. The shower was roomy and clean but it was hard to get daily supplies. There is a sewage problem when you open the doors to the dodgy balcony, you can smell it at times.
Breakfast was good and plentiful. I must say that despite the difficulties our hostess and cleaner was always helpful. Internet access was good but only from the hotspot points, I thought it would be from the room.
I would recommend only booking here if you didn't mind a bit of a hike to the city but it is close to a couple of tram stops. Food it good, service is okay just have to wait. If your not fit don't even bother to book you won't make it up the stairs at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple