“Sweatbox rooms, cheap + cheerful.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Inner Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Inner Amsterdam to your Saves list
Inner Amsterdam
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Wanningstraat 1, 1071 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #146 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Sweatbox rooms, cheap + cheerful.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and every night was spent in a different room. This was however because we didn't book in advance, so I can't complain too much about that. There is no air con in the rooms, we did have a fan in one however. Staff were generally friendly and helpful with directions etc. Had a nightmare with the 3rd room, being told that my booking didn't exist and then to find out that the room of 6 we had booked was to be split up into 2 rooms of 3, shared with 3 strangers. For 25 euros each a night, it put a roof over our heads, a small safe, and breakfast included. Biggest shock for me is the fact that 6 people can stay in a 20sqft room with no air con and no windows in the middle of summer and survive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Providence, RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

A pretty average hostel, its easy to find, close to the trams and the Van Gogh museum, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Also free wifi in the room which was a plus. Clean bathrooms.The worst part was the totally small, claustrophobic, dollhouse-sized rooms, there were four of us crammed into something smaller than a prison cell. There was hardly any room for four suitcases. Definitely the smallest room we stayed in in any hostel on our trip throughout Europe, so if you aren't claustrophobic, (and it was cold when we were there, I can't imagine how stifling it must when its hot) you don't mind having any space to move around, and you like no frills places, this is the hostel for you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

LIKED:
-location
-ease of access
-i was given a room on the ground floor so i could use the free wifi which was a lovely gesture!
-free breakfast
-comfy beds!
-nice shower
-clean and tidy on arrival

DISLIKED:
-wifi dint work on the last day
-literally hte sweatiest room ive ever stayed in, in my life!!! there were no windows in the room only a fan which hardly made a difference. It was hot as hell in there especially after you use the shower it seemed pointless cause i just started sweating striaght away.

Room Tip: ring before you book and find out if your room has a window and a fan if not dont bother!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I arrived to the Inner Amsterdam (=Hotel Inner, Amsterdam - Wanningstraat 1, Amsterdam) arround 11 p.m. As soon as I lay in bed I saw one bedbug on a wallpaper next to me. Then I realised I saw some crumbs on my sheet - actually their excrements. After I started to look carefully arround my bed I noticed a lot of crumbs also on the wallpaper (which was often partially detached so bedbugs live underneath). Then they start to climb on me even the light was switched on. They were definitelly also in my mattress. I asked my roommates if they had bites (they were there already one day before me). They told me they knew about beatles but they didn't have bites so they didn't care. I complained at the reception to get my money back and leave (I had to book another hostel that night-almost everything booked). The receptionist looked he knew a lot about the situation but told me he didn't have the responsibility to check me out and give my money back. Had to wait by morning 8:30 to another person. I slept 3 hours because bedbugs were bitting me whole night. In the morning I had a bite even on my eyelid. A new receptionist gave me money back without any troubles and said sorry...(had to show him proof, in my case a picture, killed bedbug and bites on me). Whole hostel is very dirty and even they obviously know about a problem they just don't do anything to fix it. Terrible experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

A very simple hotel, with basic rooms and breakfast, but what more could you ask for? Great price and a good location, only a twenty minute walk from the heart of Amsterdam.
However, I would recommend buying a tram pass, because your legs do feel it on the third or fourth day.
Everything was clean and staff were very friendly, no complaints. They can book taxis back to the airport for you as well, very well looked after!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Galway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My friend booked this as she had been to Amsterdam many times & stayed there. She is all about going on the cheap & when I heard hostel I nearly backed out. Was actually suprised at the rooms. We had a twin with our own bathroom. It was small but clean & comfortable. Also had a flat screen tv with a good few channels. Rooms were not sound proof and woke many nights because we could hear every footstep as people passed the rooms. It had wi-fi in reception but was alway busy with back packers. Had to pay up front on arrival which i didn't like as I hadn't the cash, luckily my friend had. Buffet breakfast was not for me. Grabbed some bread & juice, was sitting down to eat it when a large cat sat in the chair across from me. I promptly left & didn't eat there again. Hotel is located across the road from Van Gogh & many other museusms. Only about 5-10 minutes walk from Hard Rock Cafe & trams & buses pull up around the corner every few minutes. It is in an ideal location and don't be put off by google maps as the distances appear alot further on it. Probably wouldn't return to it again because of the cat situation but overall it was ok.

Room Tip: If you want a nice hotel with a good breakfast avoid it unless you like cats
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Inner Amsterdam? Share your experiences!