I don't want to be a reviewer that posts a review based on personal opinion and telling everyone to avoid etc.. I will state exactly what I experienced and give the facts (good & Bad) for you to make your own mind up.
Me and my partner were part of a larger group. The price of the hotel is reasonable however the location does let it down because what you save in room rates you make up for in Taxi with an average cost of 23euro per trip into the City centre. That is not a bad point as to book the hotel you must already be aware of the location, it's just meant purely to say it's maybe worth spending a little extra to be more central as the savings in taxi fares would offset the extra hotel costs.
The actual hotel itself impressed us all as we expected a lot worse giving what we paid. To compare the rooms I would liken them to the Premier Inn rooms if you have ever stayed in those.
* Clean hotel
* Great food
* Good facilities including two large swimming pools (we didn't use them so cannot comment on the water quality/temperature)
* Clean rooms
* Great art detail throughout
To summarise we couldn't really fault the hotel itself. However all of the bad points come from service:
* The first small issue encountered was the room card not working after day one. The lifts are activated with the passes. We went in the lift following other guests. Only to discover our pass stopped working when we were on our floor. We then had to go down the stairs to reception to reactivate them only to trail back up.
* The cleaner left a cleaning product top and a used cloth in the bathroom (again trivial and prob a one off but I want to list everything).
* We ordered food the first morning as the full group and the service was painfully slow. A party member had to actually go to the staff to ask if they would servce us. The staff need to pay more attention to who is awaiting service and tend to them.
* me and my partner dined alone the following morning @12:00. Firstly we went to greet the group outside in the sunny terrace to say good morning ans that we will dine inside. On our return back into the hotel the male staff member was closing the door which we came through. He told my patner there was another door around the corner. When asked is he expects us to walk all of the way around when there is clearly this entrance. To which he relunctanly allowed us back through.
* When we did sit to eat the service gradually ground to a halt. Initially we asked for orange juice to be told "Sorry the juice dispenser is being washed", what kind of bar cannot serve orange juice @12:00?? After eating we asked for the dessert menu. The waitress never returned for over 30 minutes and when she did she brought the bill without being asked for it and without asking us if we actually wanted to order a dessert. She placed the bill on the table and walked off quickly without us having a chance to even speak needless to say we skipped dessert as we had a plane to catch and at that level of service were doubtful we would make it if we had to wait as long for dessert. We wanted to rejoin the group and we waited over an hour for her to actually take the payment. My partner finally gave up and went and asked her to take payment. She was she would be over with the card machine soon. Over another 30 minutes passed and only when we got up and joined the group and took the bill with us did she show for payment. All of this was whilst she was standing at the bar talking to their colleagues and also when there were hardly any guests sitting down so it's hardly because they were too busy.
* Another issue was for the friend who did the booking. Upon checking out it turned out they have made a mistake with the booking and hadn't talken payment for 5 of the rooms. It took them over an hour to sort that out.
This is a great hotel as in the building, rooms and the layout. It is seriously let down by the very ignorant staff who do not seem to care about people awaiting service.