“Nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spaarndammerdijk 302, 1013 ZX Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #55 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms, with 2 to a room for our party of 8.
Good hotel but we had a few issues... Firstly, we asked for smoking rooms, even just one, but we didn't get this. This wasn't so bad as we could just pop outside, plus they did explain they only had 4 smoking rooms in the hotel so it was never guaranteed.
We also asked that our rooms be close together. 2 of them were on the same floor, side by side, which was fine, but the other two rooms, one of which I was in, were on completely separate floors. We worked around this issue however, but would prefer next time if all the rooms were closer together.

The mini fridge in 3/4 rooms weren't open and therefore we couldn't even have a drink unless we went out and got one. Even then, we had nowhere to put them to keep them cool. This was a big let down.

There was also no food menu in the room to order room service, so we had to go downstairs to get it, which was annoying. However, the food I got was delicious, albeit quite expensive.

The heating in the room was good and the air con could be adjusted.

It would be good if there was some sort of curtain or something around the shower... This didn't bother me as I was with my boyfriend, however the rest of our party were all boys. The shower itself kept going from hot to cold when I was in it, which was annoying.

The location of the hotel was a bit out the way but as you can purchase a discounted travel pass from the hotel and just take the 48 or 22 from right outside the hotel, this wasn't an issue at all. At night times we just got a taxi back, shouldn't cost anymore than €30 for a party of 8.

There is also a supermarket about 10 minutes away if you want to walk, or the stop before the hotel on the bus. This was useful for bits of food and drinks, although there wasn't many spirits available.

Overall, a good hotel. I think next time I would look for something a bit more central personally, but other than that, it's definitely one to consider.

• Stayed March 2014

870 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

When I booked this hotel I was sold by the "Art". Yes there is Art but its like people who own a surf board and say they surf but never have ...... its an illusion.

This is a business hotel for back slapping business men talking on their business phones and eating their business food, this is not a chilled, relaxed, liberal hotel and has no character whatsoever.

Although I must say the staff were very nice it felt like they were used to being treated like dirt from customers and seemed scared when you approached them with a smile on your face...... a bit like Edward Scissor hands smiling.

We stayed for 4 nights, we changed rooms after the first night due to what can only be described as the sound of a boiler or huge tank of bubbling water coming through the walls. Id be amazed if they aren't aware of this, to be fair the lady changed us without hassle but i couldn't help noticing that all the people around the front desk were complaining about different issues they were having. Mainly a screaming couple or should I say woman who was being heard all over the hotel the night before which of course is not the hotels fault.

Don't get me wrong this place served a purpose but I wish I had stayed somewhere else, just not what me and my girlfriend were looking for at all aside from a bed, shower, bit of Breakfast and privacy.

Room Tip: we had our problems in Room 117.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel is fab! We stayed 5 friends for 3 nights, £89 each with breakfast included! Really clean, comfortable and modern. It has really comfy beds (including the extra bed in the triple room) and lovely bathrooms (we were in the 4 star side). It was great value for money, I stayed at a hotel of similar price range in Amsterdam before and it was not a touch on this. I only wish I had found this before
The rooms have a light airy feel to them and all the mod cons you need.
The breakfast buffet was constantly restocked and had a good variety to suit everyone's taste.
The staff were very helpful and polite.
There is a bus stop right outside which takes you to the centre in less than 10 mins and it runs 24 hrs! The bus comes every 10 mins so you don't even need to wait long. We did not need to get any taxis.This is a much better option than staying in a grotty hotel in the centre for twice the price!

I highly recommend! Booked through trivago as best rates.

Room Tip: The 3 star were the same price as the 4 star when we booked so shop around.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and friendly hotel and also the staff. Good access to city centre and public transports (that run all night) and tickets can be bought at the reception
Clean, modern, calm and good value for money.
A bit expensive breakfast considering the options nearby...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I thought a lot about things I didn't like in WestCord Art. But everything was really good.
Rooms equiped with new furniture. Cleaning was every day. Staff was very helpful.
At reception you can buy bus tickets, rent bike, send poscards and ask any question.
Breakfast is rather expensive at hotel, but there are some cafes in 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I did some research and this one came up tops.
It is 10 minutes from the centre, which is far enough to get away from the crowds and noise.
If you are coming from the air port it is really simpe, get the train to the centre, then the 48 bus stops right out side of the hotel, 2 stops after the albert heinj shop.

The hotel.
We stayed in the 3 star hotel, the room was nice, big and clean. The bed was comfy and the Van gough on the wall was nice to look at. There was a tv, a mini bar though it is an automatic one where if you take something out you will be charged. The safe if easy to use and free. And we also got tea and coffee in the room.
The downside was there wasn't a lot of light in the room.

We had breakfast included in the room price, it had a cooked english breakfast, fruit,cheese, meat, cereal, eggs, toast etc.

As it was my birthday i was given 2 free glasses of wine and balloons on my bed.
We were also given a 2nd free drink voucher, but be aware this is a hotel bar, we had 2 coke and Bacardi rums and it cost €15.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel is located about a ten minute cab from Amsterdam Central. We didn't struggle to get too and from the hotel.

The rooms are a decent size with an ok bathroom. I didn't like the metal sink as it looked like something out of a prison. The room was clean.

The reception staff are quite helpful but the breakfast staff not so much. For some reason they just didn't want to replace items which were running or had run out and we had to ask on both days for them to do so. If you are charging 18 euros this shouldn't be the case and the food it's self was average.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!