“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spaarndammerdijk 302, 1013 ZX Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #53 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrow, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just back from three nights in Amsterdam. Booked hotel and flights with Easyjet holidays and will definitely be using them again. For the cost of the trip I thought we would be getting a budget hotel, but it is far from that. The hotel is fantastic. It is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was one of the best I have ever had in a European city. As smokers we really appreciated having a smoking room. The bust stop is right outside the hotel door and you can buy a day pass to use on trams, trains and buses from the reception. We also booked a canal cruise from the reception. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it anyone who is thinking of going to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker you can ask for a smoking room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed at the Art Hotel this week for 3 nights with my husband. The hotel is lovely, great art everywhere and very friendly staff. We stayed in a 4* room on the top floor and had breakfast included. The rooms are very good, although we could hear the air conditioning and not sure if this was due to being on the top floor. Didn't bother us sleeping but may for some.

Travelling in and out of the city is very easy. The No:48 bus is every 10 mins all day until midnight and then every hour. Bus stop outside the hotel and is 2.80 euro for 1 hour or 7.50 euro for 24 hours. The cards can also be used on the metro.

The drinks in the hotel bar are expensive but so is everywhere in Amsterdam. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night. Food is lovely, limited choice and the price is pretty much the same as in the city.

Reading other tips we visited the pizza restaurant Pinsas. It is a 15 minute stroll from hotel. Out of hotel turn right along the road to the supermarket and the restaurant is just down the road on the left. Pizzas are very good, huge choice and decent price. it does get very busy and may be closed on Monday (it was when we walked passed). Opposite, just down a bit is Bar Mick which is a cosy pub selling cheaper drinks than the hotel. Very welcoming and they have only been open for 2 weeks - worth a visit. They are open all day until 2am on Friday/Saturday serving drinks and coffee.

Very much enjoyed our stay in Amsterdam. Everyone is so friendly and very happy to help if you ask. It is expensive to eat and drink, but then so are most cities. Coffee etc is about the same as at home. The metro and bus system is brilliant. Very efficient and cheap. Beep your ticket when you get on and when you get off. There is a conductor on all trams who will let you know when to get off and if you are on the right tram, don't be afraid to ask they are all very helpful.

Tarxien, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Spent a week in this hotel.

Pros:
- It's just 10minutes bus from the city centre (you can even rent a bike from the hotel).
- The bus stop to and from the city centre/airport is exactly in front of the hotel
- Not more than 30mins bus ride away from the airport
- The hotel is very clean and the staff are all friendly

Cons:
- Doesn't offer spa facilities

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We have stayed in the hotel just over a year ago and had a brilliant time however this time there was work going on in the rooms RIGHT NEXT TO OUR ROOM. We were made aware of the work going on at arrival that we may hear it at 8am... This started at 7:30am and not just next door to our room but outside! I dont understand why you would put people in a room next to work going on.. We even had workmen singing, playing a radio and shouting at 7:30am until 4pm. Overall if we turned up the tv we didnt hear it however i was dissapointed that they didnt put us in a room away from this.....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

düsseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

i stay for 2 weeks there and the stuff was always helpful, i only take breakfast it was all there and good quality , you walk an half our then you are on the central station or you take the bus needs 10 min , tikets you can buy at the desk in hotel and the bus drive every half our and the bustiket you can also use for the tram

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The room was great, loved the bathroom. We arrived late and hungry on the first night, missed last call at the restaurant and the staff weren't overly helpful or accommodating about where to eat. We ended up ordering pizza to the hotel room, which was fine. Overall the hotel was exactly as described.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

As someone who always looks for reviews of hotels, I've never actually written one, so I decided I'd start with this one. I definitely enjoyed my stay at the Westcord Art Hotel. I traveled to Amsterdam for my birthday weekend (Feb 1- Feb 3).
Even before I arrived, I would call to find out small details, and I was always assisted with the utmost kindness. The hotel itself was very nice - I loved the artwork around the hotel, especially in the little glass corridor I had to walk through to get to my room.
Now for my room - I absolutely LOVEDDDDD my room. I had a Twin XL room located on the 2nd floor. It was around the corner from the elevator (and I usually try to avoid those rooms), but this one wasn't bad at all. I liked that there was a double door. There was a door to enter the hotel room, then a door for the actual bedroom, so that may have helped to drown out any noise that occurred (if any, because I really didn't notice any). The bathroom toilet and shower were in separate rooms, which were fine with me. If you're with multiple people, that would definitely be a plus, so you're not always in each other's space. I loved the purple window seat - I thought it was sooo cute.
One thing I didn't like about the room was the television selection, but I wasn't primarily there to sit in my hotel room all day. But when I was in there, I wished there would've been a wider variety of channels, and a way to remove the captions. If you were watching tv in English, dutch captions automatically came on, and I couldn't figure out how to remove them. But, it wasn't overly annoying. They also didn't have small washcloths, which I definitely found a bit weird. As well as the fact that the bathtub had no curtain. There was also no ice machine in the hotel or ice bucket in my room. But the restaurant downstairs provided me with some ice, so it was fine.
I found my room to be a bit cold even with the heat all the way up, and the concierge was kind enough to bring a heater up to my room. It made a vast difference, and I'm definitely thankful for that.
The hotel wasn't far at all from Central Amsterdam station - only about 10 minutes via bus, which was totally fine with me.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely return! The hotel was clean with great service! Two things I absolutely love when traveling.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!