“clean and close to city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam

You added WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spaarndammerdijk 302, 1013 ZX Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #51 of 343 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
düsseldorf
“clean and close to city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

i stay for 2 weeks there and the stuff was always helpful, i only take breakfast it was all there and good quality , you walk an half our then you are on the central station or you take the bus needs 10 min , tikets you can buy at the desk in hotel and the bus drive every half our and the bustiket you can also use for the tram

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The room was great, loved the bathroom. We arrived late and hungry on the first night, missed last call at the restaurant and the staff weren't overly helpful or accommodating about where to eat. We ended up ordering pizza to the hotel room, which was fine. Overall the hotel was exactly as described.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

As someone who always looks for reviews of hotels, I've never actually written one, so I decided I'd start with this one. I definitely enjoyed my stay at the Westcord Art Hotel. I traveled to Amsterdam for my birthday weekend (Feb 1- Feb 3).
Even before I arrived, I would call to find out small details, and I was always assisted with the utmost kindness. The hotel itself was very nice - I loved the artwork around the hotel, especially in the little glass corridor I had to walk through to get to my room.
Now for my room - I absolutely LOVEDDDDD my room. I had a Twin XL room located on the 2nd floor. It was around the corner from the elevator (and I usually try to avoid those rooms), but this one wasn't bad at all. I liked that there was a double door. There was a door to enter the hotel room, then a door for the actual bedroom, so that may have helped to drown out any noise that occurred (if any, because I really didn't notice any). The bathroom toilet and shower were in separate rooms, which were fine with me. If you're with multiple people, that would definitely be a plus, so you're not always in each other's space. I loved the purple window seat - I thought it was sooo cute.
One thing I didn't like about the room was the television selection, but I wasn't primarily there to sit in my hotel room all day. But when I was in there, I wished there would've been a wider variety of channels, and a way to remove the captions. If you were watching tv in English, dutch captions automatically came on, and I couldn't figure out how to remove them. But, it wasn't overly annoying. They also didn't have small washcloths, which I definitely found a bit weird. As well as the fact that the bathtub had no curtain. There was also no ice machine in the hotel or ice bucket in my room. But the restaurant downstairs provided me with some ice, so it was fine.
I found my room to be a bit cold even with the heat all the way up, and the concierge was kind enough to bring a heater up to my room. It made a vast difference, and I'm definitely thankful for that.
The hotel wasn't far at all from Central Amsterdam station - only about 10 minutes via bus, which was totally fine with me.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely return! The hotel was clean with great service! Two things I absolutely love when traveling.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Reigate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Clean, vibrant and standard hotel. Staff were helpful, only had breakfast and breakfast was fine, nothing amazing to report. Its quite handy you can purchase a 24 hour Bus and Tram pass.
Location isnt ideal but can catch a bus into the city centre and it takes about 15 minutes.
Overall an enjoyable stay and good priced hotel with pleasant staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Motherwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

What a fabulous, friendly hotel. 10 minutes by bus from city centre. Bus stop right outside. Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Looked at other hotels nearer the centre but would still return to this one.

Room Tip: Double glazing meant no noise, and we were facing onto the main carriageway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here for four nights with my 83-year-old father, and we both liked the hotel very much. It is very easy to get into the center of town by bus, but the distance may make it inconvenient for people who might want to return to the hotel to rest at some point during the day. Also, while I was thrilled with the bathtub, which is larger than mine at home, my father had trouble with taking a shower in it. People with mobility problems may want to look elsewhere - the sides of the tub are fairly high, and there's no non-stick surface, making it pretty slippery. I would have liked to have had more storage room.

But the staff were very friendly and helpful; the rooms were spacious; the beds were comfortable, with very nice bed linens; and the restaurant was very good. I've been to Amsterdam more times than I can count, and have always stayed someplace different each time. This may be the first hotel I would consider returning to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hotels lovely stayed for 4 nights from 31st january 2014! Get a 48hr bus pass 48! Bus takes u straight into the town Centre lots of places to eat dont pay hotel prices I ordered room service and it was €15 for pasta and a €5 charge for service I didnt eat it wasnt nice the foods over priced! But everything else okay.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!