“LOCATION!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Freeland Hotel

You added Freeland Hotel to your Saves list
Freeland Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marnixstraat 386, 1017 PL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #151 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
“LOCATION!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I researched SO MANY hotels!! I finally settled in this hotel after reading the reviews. (Thank you to all who take the time to do this). We didn't want to dump all of our money in lodging so we chose this hotel. It is for a minimalist: comfortable bed, clean rooms, shower and even a hairdryer upon request. ( please return to the front desk!). The staff was accommodating and helpful and SO HAPPY to help in any way. Walking to ANYTHING (museums, Anne Frank house, red light, FOOD) it's right out the door. I am afraid of heights so my family enjoyed watching me climb the stairs and descend in the morning. I know the other reviews talked about the stairs. My comment: the stairs are characteristic of the Netherlands, if you have no other adventure during your stay, try the stairs!! ☺️. Don't let the stairs scare you away from your stay unless you have a physical impairment.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here for a week and it was brilliant. Our room was nice and cleaN and the staff were very helpful. Beware of stairs you need to be fit.We had lovely breakfast every morning included in the price and meet the famous cat. Everything was in walking distance it was great value .We will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Rethymnon, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very clean hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. The size of the rooms are in Amsterdam standards. They use eco friendly bathing soaps which are the best I've ever tried!!!! Breakfast is very plain, but tasty. The hotel is very central located with transports 3 min away. They don't have an elevator so if you have heavy luggage ask for a low level floor room.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Mays Landing, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

The staff were GREAT! SUPER friendly and helpful. The hotel was priced well considering how centrally located it was. The area was clean, safe and steps from restaurants, bars and coffee shops. Loved this area. The room was awful. It was small, and probably the closest I've ever been to a jail cell. I was given a room on the first floor despite reviews suggesting against it. (I was traveling with a terribly heavy suitcase, and the idea of lugging it up those nightmarish stairs was not an option.) The room was located right next to the bathroom in the lobby and lets just say the walls were alarmingly thin. For the brief time I actually spent in the room, the sounds I heard from the bathroom were haunting. Great staff and location, however prison like rooms. I so wish this wasn't the case because I really loved this location!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor and do posses claustrophobia.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

Good location at Leidseplein with 1,2,5 trams with a further 3 mins walk. Simple and cozy rooms with the basic facilities. Wifi is good. Good value with a simple and decent breakfast. No lifts though so you have to carry your luggage up but I was on the 2nd floor but no issues for me.

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Furtwangen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

I stayed in this hotel to save money, as i was staying alone and almost all the time out of the room , so it didnt matter that much, but the room was small, the prices were high, the breakfast is ok, the service is fine, and the location is really good, other than that really safe hotel

Room Tip: Free tee and coffee in the hotel
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

We just came from lovely dogs friendly freeland and trust me everything from check in until checkout was excellent.Also very good location.We had lovely dinner in Eat at Jo's just opposite side... Amazing too... Hotel highly recommended and we'll be back in the summer for sure.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Freeland Hotel? Share your experiences!