“Prinsenhuis is the real deal!” 5 of 5 stars

Prinsenhuis
Prinsengracht 967, 1017 KL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #88 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
HIALEAH, FL
“Prinsenhuis is the real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

We had originally planned to stay for three nights for our first trip to Amsterdam, but we changed our mind as soon as we saw the coral room and added 2 more nights in the Tea leaf. (this all happened before we even got to see the town.) Everything was as good or better than expected with no complaints! Brick, the owner, was very friendly, helpful and just generally a very cool guy. All in all, I dont think I could ever visit Amsterdam without staying in the Prinsenhuis!

• Liked — Everything was as good as advertised
  • Disliked — Mosquitos if you leave the bedroom windows/door open for too long.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

Well, what can I say? This without a doubt the best place I have ever stayed. I work in Iraq and desperately needed a vacation. So after about 3 weeks of research I was off to Amsterdam without a place to stay because most of them looked creepy on the net. I'm a Marriot Resort kinda guy so I know junk hotels/apartments when I see them. Prinsenhuis is definitely in a class of its own. I have stayed in houses on cliffs in Jamaica, chalets in the mountains, ski resorts etc etc and nothing prepared me for how great 967 was. So...I was sitting in Kuwait airport waiting for my flight when I decided to give it one last shot at locating a decent place away from all the tourists and guys looking for a "good time" as Amsterdam is known for. I checked the photos and shot a reservation request. In minutes I had it secured and was on my way. Arriving the next day in the afternoon I met up with Brick and "moved" in. If I don't just spit this out now I'll ramble on forever. The view is to die for, the accomidations are perfect with no detail overlooked, VERY VERY PRIVATE, close to everywhere if you're not too lazy to walk, the steakhouse around the corner is great and anything and everything is close...all you have to do is be willing to venture a couple of blocks. Phone service and internet all at your fingertips. You're automatically blended in with the culture because of the location of the apartment. I had to leave because the apt was booked but if it had been available I think I would have moved in permanently. Forget the posting about the construction, I never heard anything. I won't post any pictures as it would take away from how beautiful the apt and neighboorhood is...this is truly the Amsterdam experience...a definite must do!

• Liked — The privacy and euro atmosphere
  • Disliked — The stairs but they are all like that in A-dam
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

I stayed in the Koral apartment for one week . There were 3 adult males and we had plenty of room. The apartment has everything you will need and more (washer, dishwasher, microwave/standard oven, 2 televisions, balcony/patio area). It is an excellent location, with a grocery store around the corner and public transportation steps away. Not to mention, there is a million dollar view of the Prinsengracht canal. When this building was restored, no detail was left out. Furnishings are modern and the apartment was very clean. I have NEVER left feedback on a travel website, and I travel frequently, but was so pleased with my stay here I felt I had to let others know. The hosts are also very nice and always helpful when we had questions. I will never stay anyplace else in Amsterdam but the Prinsenhuis.

• Liked — Location / Atmosphere
  • Disliked — I didn't want to leave the apartment
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
Gulfport, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2007

The Prinsenhuis is a remodelled canale house on (predictably) the Prisengracht. It is 1/2 block east of Vijzelgracht (a tram line runs alng that street for easy transportation). Three or four blocks to the North is Banks Mansion. The Rijksmuseum is a 5 or 10 minute walk and Leidseplein is slightly furher.

I stayed in the ground floor Mandarin. It is completely equiped. The TV in the sitting room/kitchen area is hooked up the Sky while the TV in the bedroom has Dutch cable offerings. High speed internet si provided via both RJ45 ethernet and WiFi (bringn your own laptop). The bathroom has a shower/tub combination, washing machine in addition to the obvious. The kitchen has a combination Microwave/standard oven, stove top, fridge, toaster, coffee maker, dish washer, etc. A tiny patio area is provided for smokers (no smoking inside the building).

The king sized bed jsut about fills the bedroom.

The apartment was spotless and furnished with the necessities of life. A grocery store is jsut around the corner for anything you might like to the mix. There seem to be plenty of decent eating establishments in teh immediate vacinity.

The friendly and helpful owner is a phone call away if you need anything.

All in all, a good value. I will definately stay here on my next visit to Amsterdam.

• Liked — extremely well-equiped and spotless
  • Disliked — with the washing machine, I had no excuse to send out my laundry
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
berkeley, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2006

We truly enjoyed our stay in the Coral apartment at Prinsenhuis. It was a true pleasure to "live" in Amsterdam for 5 days, rather than staying in a hotel. The neighborhood is wonderful; not at all touristy, but close to everything. We had easy access to the sights of Amsterdam by foot or tram, an excellent grocery store around the corner and plenty of restaurants close by..

it was relaxing to gaze out of the large windows in the livingroom that overlook the canal. We found the apartment to be exactly as advertised in the photos on the website. It was modern, bright and airy, quiet, very clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed the little balcony off the bedroom that looked over a lovely garden.
Brick, the owner, couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. There was even some fresh food in the fridge when we arrived, When we return to Amsterdam, we will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — bright, airy, great neighborhood, comfortable, private
  • Disliked — steep stairs, but that is Amsterdam
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

In the past six months, we have stayed in 17 hotels and have been disappointed with the quality and value of accommodation of all of them. So, we thought we would try something different on our recent trip to Amsterdam – an apartment. We heard about Prinsenhuis and after reading some of the positive reviews on the TripAdvisor website we decided to give it a try. And we are so glad we did – it was by far the best accommodation experience we have ever had!!!

Everything about Prinsenhuis is perfect, but let me just list a few highlights. The location is great – very convenient to all the museums and main attractions. You can pretty much walk to most places but if you prefer, the tram is close by. The apartment is situated right on the Prinsen Canal and the view is great. The interior of the apartment (we stayed in the Coral unit) is wonderful – beautifully furnished, well-detailed, with new appliances, and really comfortable bed made up with good quality linens. The apartment also includes free high-speed Internet and Satellite TV. Finally, the owner is very helpful and friendly. He lives on the premises and is there if you need anything.

All in all, we had a wonderful stay in Prinsenhuis. And we will definitely be back.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

I just spent 5 days in the Tea Leaf apartment at Prinsenhuis and can't stop raving about it.

The building was recently extensively remodeled and the workmanship and interior design are impeccable. Two of us shared the contemporary, one-bedroom Tea Leaf unit and found it extremely comfortable and spacious: all the modern conveniences including a full kitchen (stocked with food!), satellite/flat screen TV, wireless internet, washing machine, beautiful views of the canal, a quiet rear terrace. I slept in the bedroom. The room was small, but the custom built wardrobe was large enough to hold my clothes and my suitcase fit under the bed. They even provided baskets under the bed for additional storage. I also had my own TV and direct access to the rear terrace. My roommate slept on the pull-out couch and found it very comfortable.

The house is very centrally located: literally only a few blocks walking distance to all the best museums, shopping, and restaurants in the area. And the owner is extremely friendly and very helpful.

Prinsenhuis is a must; I highly recommend it and suggest staying here rather than a luxury hotel. See the website for more details and very accurate photos of the property.

• Liked — Style, amenities, location
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Prinsenhuis? Share your experiences!