I booked the Movenpick on lastminute.ie as a "top secret hotel" (wasn't too hard to figure out which hotel it was though) at a great rate. The reasons I chose it were the overall good TA reviews, modern design, spacious rooms and great views. I was very happy with my choice.
* polished and efficient reception staff,
* spacious, clean and comfortable room with sitting area, sufficient storage and good and plentiful lighting,
* great views from the room (ask for a higher floor),
* comfortable bed with good linen,
* flat-screen TV with a good selection of channels,
* very nice and clean bathroom (although the toiletries provided are limited),
* no noise issues,
* free shuttle to/from the central train station (needs to be pre-booked).
* location wise, it is not in the thick of things; thus a little bit of a hassle getting into the historical centre (via shuttle, tram or long-ish walk) and there is a lack of restaurants nearby. Having said that, a walk from the hotel to the train station on the promenade in a nice weather is great and takes only about 15 min.
Overall, a great place and I would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.