I booked the Movenpick on lastminute.ie as a "top secret hotel" (wasn't too hard to figure out which hotel it was though) at a great rate. The reasons I chose it were the overall good TA reviews, modern design, spacious rooms and great views. I was very happy with my choice.
* polished and efficient reception staff,
* spacious, clean and comfortable room with sitting area, sufficient storage and good and plentiful lighting,
* great views from the room (ask for a higher floor),
* comfortable bed with good linen,
* flat-screen TV with a good selection of channels,
* very nice and clean bathroom (although the toiletries provided are limited),
* no noise issues,
* free shuttle to/from the central train station (needs to be pre-booked).
* location wise, it is not in the thick of things; thus a little bit of a hassle getting into the historical centre (via shuttle, tram or long-ish walk) and there is a lack of restaurants nearby. Having said that, a walk from the hotel to the train station on the promenade in a nice weather is great and takes only about 15 min.
Overall, a great place and I would stay there again.