“All around wonderful choice” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 30%
Ranked #41 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Land O Lakes, FL
“All around wonderful choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

From the beginning to the end of our stay the staff was the most professional, helpful, and courteous.
We arrived well before check in and the the gentleman at the front desk was checking availability prior to us exiting the taxi. Thankfully, we were able to check in and get some rest.
The front desk was a very good map available. We used the bike/scooter rental facilility in the parking garage below the hotel. If your group consist of people aged 16 and older there is a segway facility next to the hotel (along with a Subway Restaurant)
The room size was adequate (for me, my husband, and our 14 year old son.) The bathroom tiles were heated. The shower had fantastic pressure and the temperature was always consistent and adjustable.
We ordered room service three times, each time it was delicious.

The hotel was a 10 minute walk from Central Station- didn't seem too bad when we had our bikes- but after we turned them in...we would've liked to have been closer to the tourist attractions. ( Ann Frank House, etc) Although, the Hotel does have a shuttle that transports to Central Station.

I liked this place and the staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Queens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I stayed here for 5 days and a friend of mine stayed for another 6. We both had the same room with a great view of the harbor!! I thought that the walk would be tiring but it was quite pleasant. The staff accommodated all my requests and I'll make this my hotel of choice next time in A'dam!! The Room service and house keeping was A-1. I've stayed in 5 star hotels in all of Europe this one is up there with them.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Bern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Just stayed for one day but I felt very comfortable in this hotel. Nice, friendly and helpfull staff. Room had a great view, and was clean and comfortable.

Nice gym. In the small Spa there were spacious Sauna `s but i prefer turkish baths so I did not use the spa. Altough it is not in the middle of Amsterdam it is just 2 Tram minutes away from Amsterdam Central station (tram 25 - 26). A good place to stay if you have to visit Amsterdam for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I have been to Amsterdam several times and was thoroughly impressed by the Movenpick. I bid through Priceline as well and got a fantastic deal. Like many others, I was initially worried that the location of the hotel would mean that most of Amsterdam's sights would be outof convenient reach, but not at all. Convenient walk, one tram stop from Central Stn on Tram Line 25 or 26. Tram Line 25 also takes you right down Damrak to Muntplein, from which you can get to Rembrant Sq.

The Rooms are very clean and well mantained. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, so were the Room Service staff.

The only "moan" I'd have is the whole idea of having two twin beds together to form a king bed, but still keeping two twin duvets. Not sure I get the thinking behind that.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Wash DC and Munich DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

This was our first trip to Amsterdam, and I am glad we were slightly removed from the city center. Getting into the historic old part of town is very easy. It is one tram stop, a 15 minute walk, a bike, or the hotel's shuttle service. Prior to the trip, we looked at several hotels in the city center. We had an opportunity to see these hotels after our arrival, and we were happy we were not there. Amsterdam is what I expected, and I am glad we were not in the middle of it all the time. It was nice to get away a bit. As already noted, the hotel is located on the pier where all the cruise ships dock - that was kind of cool. It was interesting to watch them come in and offload thousands of people!

I thought the guest service was excellent, I actually used the concierge service a lot (usually don't) because they were so good and informed, and I liked the new clean rooms. I must comment on the room safe - maybe this type is common now, but it was so easy to use with a digital coding system. Also, the cleaning crew was so kind, they actually tucked in my daughters teddy bears for us. She loved it when we would return to the room after they had been there. At one point, I called down to the front desk for extra towels and they were there in less than three minutes. I was surprised. Also, our last morning we ordered breakfast into the room and it was excellent.

I've been living in Europe for four years now, and I don't need the quaint 16th century inn anymore for the ambiance. I've been doing those for the last four years. Give me a modern, new contemporary hotel with plumbing that works.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

This hotel was actually chosen for me by priceliine. I bid for a Amsterdam city center hotel and got this one. When I first saw it, I thought I had made a big mistake using priceline because I had fantasized a quaint classy little place on a canal somewhere within the city streets. This hotel turned out to be so much better. It was just a tad out of the Center, but no problem since they provided a free hourly shuttle service to the center; not really necessary because a tram into the center staion passed directly in front of the hotel every twenty minutes. It was actually an easy walk.. so location was never a problem. It was directly next to the cruise ship boarding gate so imagine the view of the canal/river from our window. We had a picture window where we could see all arriving barges and tourist vessels. Day and night, the views from the hotel window were spectacular. The room itself was lovely, spotless with all extras imaginable. Flawless and fast internet service, a secure safe, very good beds and a lovely bathroom. The staff was very attentive and the concierge (Fritz) exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

If you're looking for a clean modern hotel in Amsterdam this one certainly fits the bill. Nice spacious room, good bathroom and a relaxing sauna make for a comfortable spa. The location is a brisk 10 minutes walk from Central station, so a bit out of town which may or may not be a good thing. There is a shuttle bus if you don't fancy the walk. Fantastic view over the city and harbour. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center? Share your experiences!