“Magnificent view - Good Value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 30%
Ranked #43 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bern
“Magnificent view - Good Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Just stayed for one day but I felt very comfortable in this hotel. Nice, friendly and helpfull staff. Room had a great view, and was clean and comfortable.

Nice gym. In the small Spa there were spacious Sauna `s but i prefer turkish baths so I did not use the spa. Altough it is not in the middle of Amsterdam it is just 2 Tram minutes away from Amsterdam Central station (tram 25 - 26). A good place to stay if you have to visit Amsterdam for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I have been to Amsterdam several times and was thoroughly impressed by the Movenpick. I bid through Priceline as well and got a fantastic deal. Like many others, I was initially worried that the location of the hotel would mean that most of Amsterdam's sights would be outof convenient reach, but not at all. Convenient walk, one tram stop from Central Stn on Tram Line 25 or 26. Tram Line 25 also takes you right down Damrak to Muntplein, from which you can get to Rembrant Sq.

The Rooms are very clean and well mantained. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, so were the Room Service staff.

The only "moan" I'd have is the whole idea of having two twin beds together to form a king bed, but still keeping two twin duvets. Not sure I get the thinking behind that.

Wash DC and Munich DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

This was our first trip to Amsterdam, and I am glad we were slightly removed from the city center. Getting into the historic old part of town is very easy. It is one tram stop, a 15 minute walk, a bike, or the hotel's shuttle service. Prior to the trip, we looked at several hotels in the city center. We had an opportunity to see these hotels after our arrival, and we were happy we were not there. Amsterdam is what I expected, and I am glad we were not in the middle of it all the time. It was nice to get away a bit. As already noted, the hotel is located on the pier where all the cruise ships dock - that was kind of cool. It was interesting to watch them come in and offload thousands of people!

I thought the guest service was excellent, I actually used the concierge service a lot (usually don't) because they were so good and informed, and I liked the new clean rooms. I must comment on the room safe - maybe this type is common now, but it was so easy to use with a digital coding system. Also, the cleaning crew was so kind, they actually tucked in my daughters teddy bears for us. She loved it when we would return to the room after they had been there. At one point, I called down to the front desk for extra towels and they were there in less than three minutes. I was surprised. Also, our last morning we ordered breakfast into the room and it was excellent.

I've been living in Europe for four years now, and I don't need the quaint 16th century inn anymore for the ambiance. I've been doing those for the last four years. Give me a modern, new contemporary hotel with plumbing that works.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

This hotel was actually chosen for me by priceliine. I bid for a Amsterdam city center hotel and got this one. When I first saw it, I thought I had made a big mistake using priceline because I had fantasized a quaint classy little place on a canal somewhere within the city streets. This hotel turned out to be so much better. It was just a tad out of the Center, but no problem since they provided a free hourly shuttle service to the center; not really necessary because a tram into the center staion passed directly in front of the hotel every twenty minutes. It was actually an easy walk.. so location was never a problem. It was directly next to the cruise ship boarding gate so imagine the view of the canal/river from our window. We had a picture window where we could see all arriving barges and tourist vessels. Day and night, the views from the hotel window were spectacular. The room itself was lovely, spotless with all extras imaginable. Flawless and fast internet service, a secure safe, very good beds and a lovely bathroom. The staff was very attentive and the concierge (Fritz) exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

If you're looking for a clean modern hotel in Amsterdam this one certainly fits the bill. Nice spacious room, good bathroom and a relaxing sauna make for a comfortable spa. The location is a brisk 10 minutes walk from Central station, so a bit out of town which may or may not be a good thing. There is a shuttle bus if you don't fancy the walk. Fantastic view over the city and harbour. Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

very clean and modern hotel. Location somewhat inconvenient if you want to be out day and night being a tourist as you are dependent on the shuttle to take you to Central Station. You could walk but it is deserted after dark. The showers are tricky, I had to ring room service in the end to show me how to turn it off. And as previous noted by others there is some problem with ? water pressure, the water constantly oscillates between being too hot and too cold.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

First, I would say the is a very good hotel, definitely not 5 star, but a good 4 star hotel. It is very modern, very North American style new hotel, almost hip (but not quite) - if you like that, you'll be happy. But it is away from the charm of Amsterdam, not even close to being a romantic spot, you have to walk thru 15mins of vacant dockland to get to it. So, if you are looking for charm, romance and the Amsterdam experience, this is not your hotel. If you are looking for a great busines hotel, this is perfect. The service at the hotel is excellent, rooms are excellent, free wi-fi, business center - everything you need for business. Oh, and one other thing - make sure you don't get a room next to the elevators - you won't sleep - they are very noisy. I was given one these rooms, in 5 mins I called the front desk and put me in another room - and they were very good about it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center? Share your experiences!