This hotel was actually chosen for me by priceliine. I bid for a Amsterdam city center hotel and got this one. When I first saw it, I thought I had made a big mistake using priceline because I had fantasized a quaint classy little place on a canal somewhere within the city streets. This hotel turned out to be so much better. It was just a tad out of the Center, but no problem since they provided a free hourly shuttle service to the center; not really necessary because a tram into the center staion passed directly in front of the hotel every twenty minutes. It was actually an easy walk.. so location was never a problem. It was directly next to the cruise ship boarding gate so imagine the view of the canal/river from our window. We had a picture window where we could see all arriving barges and tourist vessels. Day and night, the views from the hotel window were spectacular. The room itself was lovely, spotless with all extras imaginable. Flawless and fast internet service, a secure safe, very good beds and a lovely bathroom. The staff was very attentive and the concierge (Fritz) exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable. I plan to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam