Stayed at this hotel one night on a long layover. As described many times before the hotel is a little isolated from the "action." So, if you want to be in the middle of the action perhaps look elsewhere. This also meant the shops and places to eat were limited. That said just 100M or so down the street were a small snack bar and also a Subway restaurant. The Subway was open at 9AM, so we used that for breakfast rather than the high prices at the hotel.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
The rooms were ample and well appointed. Perhaps the only thing we noticed was a slight musty smell. A nice view of the waterway. Not sure what the noise level might have been if a large ship were docked at the terminal next door.
Overall, not sure I would rate it a 4 star hotel, but it served our purposes well and I'd stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Otel, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam