We recently stayed here for a night on a trip to Amsterdam. It is a lovely hotel with great views over the river/canal or the centre of Amsterdam. The room was spotless and very comfortable. The WiFi was free and you could get BBC1 and BBC 2 on the television. The beds were to die for and the bathroom had excellent facilities.
It is approximately 15 minutes walk from Amsterdam central station or 2 minutes on a number 26 tram costing 2.80 euros. The hotel also run a free shuttle bus from the hotel to the station every half an hour which is bookable at reception.
The staff were lovely and very helpful. It was my Birthday on the day we left and as we checked out they gave me a large bar of chocolate with Happy Birthday written across it which was a nice touch.
We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food, we did have a drink in the bar which was expensive but for this class of hotel is probably average.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam